Our neighbour tried to give me a cat!

Old March 15th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Our neighbour tried to give me a cat!

The lady who lives in the house on the corner has three young(ish)
cats who spend most of their lives outside... they're pretty
self-sufficient critters, but one of them is quite friendly and comes
over to say hi to me when I walk past. Anway, apparantly they've seen
me with her, and the other day she came out and asked if I wanted to
take the cat! She said the cat doesn't get on with its sister and they
raise havok if they're inside at the same time... personally it sounds
like they're just playing normal catly games to me!

I feel very sorry for the poor kitty and I wish I could take her...
but I had to say no. They're beautiful little flame-point siameses,
but the cat she offered me has very thin fur in patches and a rather
angry looking red rash underneath. The lady said it's always been like
that, since she was a kitten. She's obviously got allergies of some
kind... and today she's obviously been in a fight with someone and
she's got a nasty bite on her shoulder, which she told me all about
when I went to pet her.

I wish I could take her... but we just don't have the room or the
money and we couldn't afford vet bills and special food to try and fix
her skin problem, and it would be a nightmare trying to keep her food
seperate from the other three cats in this little apartment. Not to
mention that I don't think it would be fair to take a mostly outdoor
cat and tell it that it's never allowed to set paw outside again...
it's used to having its freedom.

Please say a purrayer for this poor little meezer...
Old March 15th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

I wish I could take her... but we just don't have the room or the
money and we couldn't afford vet bills and special food to try and fix
her skin problem, and it would be a nightmare trying to keep her food
seperate from the other three cats in this little apartment. Not to
mention that I don't think it would be fair to take a mostly outdoor
cat and tell it that it's never allowed to set paw outside again...
it's used to having its freedom.

Please say a purrayer for this poor little meezer...

Awwww, purrs for the meezer on the way. Sounds like this woman doesn't need
to have cats if she hasn't bothered to take this one to the vet.

Jill --shaking head

Old March 16th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

[...]

Karen,

One thing in your message stands out. That is, the thin fur with a rash
underneath could be signs of ringworm. If so, it is very contagious, both
to hoomins and cats, so take great caution.

MaryL

Old March 16th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

Purrs for the kitties, and for the woman to get a clue.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 16th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 15, 1:27*pm, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

Please say a purrayer for this poor little meezer...

Sending purrayers- such a sad situation if the woman can't keep her
perhaps you could direct her to trying to find a new home for her?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 18th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:23:41 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I don't think it's ringworm... I think the poor cat's allergic to
something (probably its el cheapo catfood...) The fur isn't falling
out - the skin just shows through because it's angry red in the
irritated areas.
Old March 21st 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

I hope she can find a great onetruehome really soon,
Polonca and Soncek