SO Angry!

Old March 19th 04, 07:12 PM
Mary

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote

I have a great apartment and a wonderful building manager. No

complaints.

Hey, I loved one of my apartments much more than my current house!
But when it came time to buy I could never afford a place as old and
cool as it was. I'm not knocking renting--there are advantages, such
as the fact that you have someone else to be responsible for repairs
and to PAY for them. What I meant was that I feel much more
secure now that nobody has the right to come into my house
and do as they please when I am not at home. And, I like the
fact that in paying a mortgage, my money doesn't just
"disappear."

Old March 19th 04, 07:16 PM
Mary

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you

like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?!

Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

Old March 19th 04, 07:17 PM
Mary

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message
"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

Kristine Kochanski wrote:
Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not

that
unusual.

It's not unusual but it's very wrong IMO. If you can't look

after 'em,
don't have 'em.

Really? You think it's wrong to leave a cat alone for a weekend?

Absolutely.

If you
leave them plenty of food and water I don't see what the problem

is.
Maybe
I will get flamed here, but I really don't. I have done this

many times,
as
have my friends. One of my friends works at an animal hospital,

but she
has
left her cats alone for the weekend, too. Why not? I mean, if

the cat
is
healthy and not pregnant and doing fine, what's the big deal?

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you

like
to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play with?!

Would
you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was healthy and
enough food and water? I don't think so.

Using that analogy (cat and child)...would you have a young child

spayed or
neutered? Would you have a young child tattoed and microchipped

should s/he
become lost? Should I not even be leaving my cat home unattended

while I go
to work for the day? I certainly wouldn't leave a child alone in

that
situation so according to your analogy, I shouldn't leave my cat

during the
day, either. I would send a child to school--should I send my cat

school, too?

The child/cat analogy is one of the silliest ones to use when trying

to make
a point. Fact is, cats and humans are very different. Cats are far

more
self-sufficient than young children and far more independent. And

not all
cats need company and stimulation. Some prefer very much to be left

alone
as much as possible.

That being said, the *only* reason I would never leave my cat alone

for two
days would be because she might become sick or injured during that

time.
With some illnesses or injuries, it is crucial to get a cat to the

vet asap.
If she were home alone, who would bring her to the vet?

rona (happy Kitty has a vacation home)

Nicely argued. You could be a great lawyer.

Old March 19th 04, 07:18 PM
Mary

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:01:10 -0600, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"
wrote:

Using that analogy (cat and child)...would you have a young child

spayed or
neutered?

If it was going to go out and shag at random with nobody to look

after
its offspring, yes.

Nazi.

:-)

Old March 19th 04, 07:19 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Kristine Kochanski:
Of course it's just my opinion, I don't go around removing cats from
homes that are treated in a way I find abhorrent! I find lots of
things other cat owners do quite unbearable but I have my own beliefs
and I have to live by them - and if I had to leave my cats regularly I
wouldn't have them, it's as simple as that. That's my opinion as a cat
owner and I'm entitled to express it.

OK, fair enough - and yes, you are; I just wanted to head off any
Bobbing at the pass.

In fact, I might be faced with that situation myself soon - I'm between
jobs, and I may well be in a situation where I'm away from the house 5
days a week. Obviously, should that happen, I need to find my cats
some nice new slaves... *sniffle* so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
--
Gwenhwyfaer (emails need [Private] in the subject)

some girls wander by themselves

Old March 19th 04, 07:22 PM
Mary

"Tracy" wrote in message
om...

Well, there you go. We're appalled by different things. I'm appalled
by people who don't bother to tag and collar their indoor pets in

the
assumption that they will never, by any combination of

circumstances,
slip out of the house.

This really is a good point. Much as I love my cats I had not thought
of this. It's as though my mind stops at the worst possible outcome,
that
they might get hit on the busy street first thing. Both have collars,
but I
will have some tags made with their names and my contact info this
weekend and attach them.

Angry cat Jack Cat health & behaviour 24 December 4th 03 10:26 PM
I am so angry (vent) MaryL Cat health & behaviour 76 November 2nd 03 06:08 PM