Out of touch for a few days...

Old March 16th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default Out of touch for a few days...

This afternoon is my final day at my current employer, and tomorrow is our
last full day at our current residence. We're going to load up the truck
this afternoon and tomorrow (Saturday), then bright and early Sunday
morning we're loading ourselves and the kitties into the van and the
truck and leaving California!

We'll be out of touch for a few days. I don't know if we'll have WiFi
access in our motel rooms between CA and IA, so between now and then we'll
sending blanket purrs for those who need them.

With any luck, we'll find WiFi service in our en-route stops. We are
tentatively planning on stopping in Cedar City, UT Sunday night, somewhere
near Denver Monday night, in eastern Nebraska Tuesday night, then at our
new home in Iowa by late Wednesday.

Neither Nancy nor I have ever travelled any distance with 6 cats before,
so purrs for our sanity would be appreciated. It will be easy on me - I'm
driving the big truck, and Harri Roadcat will be my travel partner. Nancy,
though, has to drive the van with the remaining 5 kitties. Yikes!

Anyhow, in the days between now and our arrival in Iowa, everybody please
be safe.

Dan
Old March 16th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[...]

Happy moving! I hope your trip goes smoothly and safely. Do you have a way
to communicate between the two vehicles, so if the one behind has to stop
for some reason the other person knows it?

Joy

Old March 16th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Dan M wrote:
With any luck, we'll find WiFi service in our en-route stops. We are
tentatively planning on stopping in Cedar City, UT Sunday night, somewhere
near Denver Monday night, in eastern Nebraska Tuesday night, then at our
new home in Iowa by late Wednesday.

It sucks that Central Texas is not somewhere in your route!

Anyhow, in the days between now and our arrival in Iowa, everybody please
be safe.

You too! We'll be purring for an uneventful move.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 16th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
Anyhow, in the days between now and our arrival in Iowa, everybody please
be safe.

Dan

You guys be safe as well. Such a stressful thing, even knowing it will be a
good thing for you all.

Jo

Old March 16th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Happy moving! I hope your trip goes smoothly and safely. Do you have a way
to communicate between the two vehicles, so if the one behind has to stop
for some reason the other person knows it?

Joy

Cell phones and FRS radios. But we'll be so close together it shouldn't be
a problem to communicate via headlight flashes.

Dan
Old March 16th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs for a safe trip to your new home.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
news

Old March 16th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan M wrote:

Neither Nancy nor I have ever travelled any distance with 6 cats before,
so purrs for our sanity would be appreciated. It will be easy on me - I'm
driving the big truck, and Harri Roadcat will be my travel partner. Nancy,
though, has to drive the van with the remaining 5 kitties. Yikes!

Harri is going back on the road! Travel safe, all of you! We'll be purring.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old March 16th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for a safe and easy journey.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 16th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Purrs for a good safe trip! Harri will undoubtedly be intrigued to be on
the road again! Hope Nancy will have the remaining 5 cats secured for her
drive. I cannot imagine travelling any distance with Persia. She screams
and cries the entire way to the vet and that's under 3 miles. Across
country? I cannot imagine! Good luck!

Jill

Old March 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:54:05 -0700, Dan M wrote:

[...]

Will be purring for all to have a safe and enjoyable trip. Happy landing!
MLB