Stinky RB 1 year

Old September 29th 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

Default Stinky RB 1 year

It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since then.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 30th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since then.

I always hear that the first anniversary is the hardest. (I've never lost
anyone that close to me to death, but I've had some pretty painful losses
of relationships.) What I've found is that after the first year, it
starts to get easier. The first year is full of important dates, like
his first birthday since he's been gone, the anniversary of you adopting
him, etc, that must be really hard to go through that first time without
him.

I really hope it starts to get better after this! I'm not saying you'll
ever stop missing him, but maybe you'll start to feel like yourself again?

I think Stinky's probably been pretty busy during his first year at the
Bridge, meeting up with all the RPCA cats who've joined him since he got
there. Especially a few months ago when he had to attend to the emergency
arrival of a small, 24-year-old tuxie girl who shouldn't have been there!
Being the socially adept, diplomatic being that he is, I have no doubt
that he's perfectly suited to that kind of job.

Purrs,
Joyce

--
"Ignorance is bliss - alas, only for the ignoramus."
-- sign on www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/
Old September 30th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:08:16 -0400, "Kreisleriana"
drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:

It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since then.

It hardly seems like it's been a whole year, since Stinky went to the
RB

I hope by now most of the pain is gone, and you remember Stinky when he
was young, and full of life, and your time together seemed endless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old September 30th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of
17 years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since
then.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Yes, some things touch us so deeply that we are personally changed forever.
This is as it should be.
Karla

Old September 30th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 29, 5:08*pm, "Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. *I don't think I've been quite myself since then..

Of course, it's hard. But he's on his new adventure, without pain and
without old age or fear. And you may well know his presence again. If
he likes good feline company, there are lots of rpca and rpcc cats
there for him to visit.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 30th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age
of 17 years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since
then.

Dear Theresa, I know what you mean. I still don't feel quite the same
person after Frank went to happier hunting grounds in December 2005. I
dreamed about him the other night. Do you ever dream about Stinky? Are
they happy or sad dreams? My dreams about Frank are mostly happy,
content ones, so they're a great comfort. {{{{Theresa}}}}

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 30th 09, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite myself since then.

I know exactly what you mean, and you are a different person. Before,
you were Stinky's meowmie, and then you were Stinky and Dante's
meowmie, and now you're just Dante's meowmie. Marina once said that
it's like becoming a different person.
Old September 30th 09, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

((((((Theresa))))))

I can't say I know exactly how you feel, because each person's feelings are
unique. However, I do understand. Nanki-Poo's RB anniversary was June 27,
and I still cry for him sometimes. Almost every time I say, "I love you" to
Pickles or Waffles, I mentally add, "and you can't help it that you're not
Nanki-Poo."

--

Joy

Blessed are the PURR in Heart!

Old September 30th 09, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the
age of 17 years and nine months. I don't think I've been quite
myself since then.

I think it takes much more than a year to get over a loss like that. :-(
{{{{{{{{{{{{ Theresa }}}}}}}}}}}}
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 30th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat[_2_]

On Sep 29, 5:08*pm, "Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
It was a year ago today that I sent my sweet boy to the RB, at the age of 17
years and nine months. *I don't think I've been quite myself since then..
Theresa and Dante

Stinky was a very fortunate cat, thanks to you. People may not know
that you rescued him from the New York subway tracks, took him home,
and gave him a long and wonderful life. You've both been enriched by
your generous good-heartedness.
Bobcat