Purrs request for the last days of a beloved R-thing

Old October 3rd 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Default Purrs request for the last days of a beloved R-thing

Toby was always a survivor.

When I brought him home 2 1/2 years ago, he was masquerading as a girl.
He came from a terrible pet shop that was selling for feeders, and
probably would have had a short, miserable life without my interference.
Well, shortly after I got my pair of "girls" home, I realized that one
of them had something of an extra package on the tail end. By this point
I was in love and couldn't take him back to be fed to some snake. So,
two months later after lots of snuggling time (he needed extra as he
couldn't curl up with the girls, Annabel Lee and Penelope) he got the
snip. A few more months later, when poor Annabel Lee died, he moved in
with Penelope and it was his turn to fall in love.

Toby was so in love that when Penelope lost her fight with age and
cancer he became deeply depressed. He was getting extra attention again
as an only rat, but it's just not the same as having a rattie friend to
snuggle with. Toby stopped grinding his teeth down in this depression,
and developed an infection from where his bottom teeth punctured the
roof of his mouth. I nearly lost him then, but a tooth trim and
antibiotics (and a wonderful vet who let me bring him in after hours)
brought him back to me. He got a new companion, Samantha, shortly after
this, and she brought him out of his depression.

Many months of snuggling and shirt-diving later, Toby celebrated his
30th month. Shortly after that, I discovered the horror that every rat
lover dreads but knows is nearly unavoidable. My darling Toby had a lump
on his right foreleg. I first noticed it as the size of a quarter, and
now only a couple short weeks later it's larger than a golfball. This
cancer is trying to eat him alive.

He doesn't have long left, and I need purrs for his last days to be
comfortable until I have to bring him in for his last vet visit. I also
need purrs for my breaking heart. Toby's been my darling for so long, I
can hardly imagine life without him.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old October 3rd 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"moonglow minnow" wrote in message

[...]

Many many purrs and bruxes for Toby, and of course, for your aching heart.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 3rd 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Purrs lovingly sent for your poor broken heart, I'm so sorry
Kyla

"moonglow minnow"

Old October 4th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"moonglow minnow" wrote in message
Toby was always a survivor.

When I brought him home 2 1/2 years ago, he was masquerading as a girl. He
came from a terrible pet shop that was selling for feeders, and probably
would have had a short, miserable life without my interference.

snip

Many months of snuggling and shirt-diving later, Toby celebrated his 30th
month. Shortly after that, I discovered the horror that every rat lover
dreads but knows is nearly unavoidable. My darling Toby had a lump on his
right foreleg. I first noticed it as the size of a quarter, and now only a
couple short weeks later it's larger than a golfball. This cancer is
trying to eat him alive.

He doesn't have long left, and I need purrs for his last days to be
comfortable until I have to bring him in for his last vet visit. I also
need purrs for my breaking heart. Toby's been my darling for so long, I
can hardly imagine life without him.

He's had a good life with you and you gave it to him. As for the tumors,
I've had two mice die from them. I guess they grow so fast and they become
ill so quickly that all we can do is let them out of their misery. Only one
of my recent mice was euthanized, as the first one became sick and thin so
quickly that I barely knew anything was wrong.

Our little rodent friends have so much less time with us than our feline
friends. All we can do is spoil them all.

Old October 4th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Purrs for Toby, and for you. It is always painful to lose a beloved pet, no
matter what the species.

--

Joy

Blessed are the PURR in Heart!

Old October 4th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

moonglow minnow wrote:
gentle snip

He doesn't have long left, and I need purrs for his last days to be
comfortable until I have to bring him in for his last vet visit. I also
need purrs for my breaking heart. Toby's been my darling for so long, I
can hardly imagine life without him.

He sounds like a little sweetheart. Lots of purrs on the way for you both.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old October 4th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

moonglow minnow wrote:
Toby was always a survivor.

snip
He doesn't have long left, and I need purrs for his last days to be
comfortable until I have to bring him in for his last vet visit. I
also need purrs for my breaking heart. Toby's been my darling for so
long, I can hardly imagine life without him.

Maeve ^..^

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 5th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

Purrs for both the sweet rattie and you.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 5th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

I hope his last days are as comfortable and pain free as possible, it
is quite clear that he is loved and will be missed.

Jeanette

Old October 9th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Toby made his journey to the Bridge yesterday morning. I think I'll
always miss him. Thank you all for the purrs.

Maeve ^..^