Cats are not like windows

Old August 29th 03, 12:27 AM
Shirley

Default Cats are not like windows

I've been taught a valuable lesson today......

This morning I thought I would have an extra 15 mins in bed reading
but Smudge had other ideas, she walked over to my book and head butted
it until I put it down to give her a scritch, then she laid down on
it.

This evening as I was watching TV and the programme had just reached a
tense moment Polly walked over and sat on the arm of the sofa right in
my line of vision and head butted me.

I can only come to the conclusion they were trying to demonstrate that
cats are not see through.

;-)
--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old August 29th 03, 12:54 AM
John Biltz

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:27:41 -0700, Shirley wrote
(in message ):

I've been taught a valuable lesson today......

This morning I thought I would have an extra 15 mins in bed reading
but Smudge had other ideas, she walked over to my book and head butted
it until I put it down to give her a scritch, then she laid down on
it.

This evening as I was watching TV and the programme had just reached a
tense moment Polly walked over and sat on the arm of the sofa right in
my line of vision and head butted me.

I can only come to the conclusion they were trying to demonstrate that
cats are not see through.

Bruiser loves to watch me play games on the computer, particularly first
person shooters. As the game goes on he will get closer and closer to
the screen until I can't see around him and something kills me.

Old August 29th 03, 07:20 AM
Tanada

Shirley wrote:

I've been taught a valuable lesson today......

This morning I thought I would have an extra 15 mins in bed reading
but Smudge had other ideas, she walked over to my book and head butted
it until I put it down to give her a scritch, then she laid down on
it.

This evening as I was watching TV and the programme had just reached a
tense moment Polly walked over and sat on the arm of the sofa right in
my line of vision and head butted me.

I can only come to the conclusion they were trying to demonstrate that
cats are not see through.

Our family has come to the conclusion that cats are part of an
anti-literacy campaign. With nine of them, its a miracle that any of us
get as much time to read as we do. Tonight, Rascal decided that she was
more important than any old Dick Francis mystery, and frantically rubbed
her head on my book, hands, face, nose, and more until I'd spent a half
hour or so re-assuring her that I love her more than all the rest of the
cats put together. Then she went to sleep on Rob's side of the bed so
that she could keep the rest of the cats away from her prize. I was so
tired from loving non-stop on her that I fell asleep. At least that's
my excuse for having my book, tv remote, and my glasses in bed with me
when Rob came in later on.

Pam S. Part of the literacy underground
Old August 30th 03, 12:36 AM
Larry Osborne

"Shirley" wrote in message
"Tanada" wrote in message

[...]

Polly did a similar thing this evening as I was trying to read the
local newspaper, she walked onto my chest so her body covered my face
then she leant on my face.
--
Shirley (wondering what was in the newspaper that Polly didn't want me
to read ! )
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Smudge has worked out a compromise for me to follow. She curls up on the
desk, using the telephone as a pillow with her feet on or near my mouse, and
in return I have to remember to stop every so often to pet her. If she
thinks that the petting is a little infrequent she will get up and sit over,
not quite on, the mouse, and if she gets sufficient petting then will return
to the first position, but, if I don't pet her enough or something urgent
comes up then she sits in front of the monitor and if it is REALLY urgent
she will start attacking the mouse cursor on the screen. It works for her
but it can make working on the computer a little more difficult than it
should be for me.

Larry Osborne
Property of Smudge and Peepers

Old August 30th 03, 05:30 PM
Tanada

Karen Chuplis wrote:

Hey! Which mystery? I just finished recently (for the nth time) "Wild
Horses" "High Stakes" and "Straight". I love DF

Am currently re-reading "Straight." I was reading "The Edge." Have
been in DF mode this summer and have read "Wild HOrses," "The Hilt,"
"Break In," "The Bolt," "Odds Against," and a couple of others. I'm
really bummed as I can't find my copy of my favorite DF "Decider" or
"Whip Hand." I suspect they're in a box somewhere.

Pam S.
Old September 2nd 03, 11:52 AM
bewtifulfreak

John Biltz wrote:

Bruiser loves to watch me play games on the computer, particularly
first person shooters. As the game goes on he will get closer and
closer to the screen until I can't see around him and something kills
me.

My cats have the same habit when I'm playing games on the computer....for
some reason, the more hectic the action on the screen, the more intense the
urge to pace up and down in front of the monitor and stick their butt in my
face!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 2nd 03, 04:07 PM
Alphonze

"Shirley" wrote in message ...
Polly did a similar thing this evening as I was trying to read the
local newspaper, she walked onto my chest so her body covered my face
then she leant on my face.

Min never lets me read the newspaper if I spread it out on the floor.
She tries to crawl underneath it, which is very distracting.

Reminds me of my friend's old saying: "A cat will always find the
centre of attention, and then sit on it"

Cheers (from the middle of a spectacular HK typhoon!)
Al.
Old September 3rd 03, 06:45 AM
bewtifulfreak

Alphonze wrote:

Reminds me of my friend's old saying: "A cat will always find the
centre of attention, and then sit on it"

Love it - so true! `

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak