[OT] More Hurricane Purrs for Florida

Old September 26th 04, 04:32 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] More Hurricane Purrs for Florida

Purrs yet again for the people of Florida, as Hurricane Jeanne
(category 3) comes ashore tonight. It's hitting the Florida east
coast, landing in the Port Saint Lucie/Stuart area (between Melbourne
(north) and West Palm Beach (south)), in many of the same areas
Hurricane Frances did a few weeks ago.

Hurricane Jeanne is the storm that is thought to have killed about
1500 people when it came through Haiti. The number is unknown, as
hundreds of people are missing in the flooding.

Although our names share the same spelling, I do not claim any
relationship to this storm. We don't pronounce our names the same
way...

*******************

The political "comics" are having a field day with all these
hurricanes hitting Florida (this is the 4th in 6 weeks). I was
directed to this link the other day, which purports to show the true
reason for the hurricanes:

http://www.bash.org/GODvsBUSH.gif

And then there was this, from rec.humor.funny:

Governor Jeb Bush
700 North Adams St.
Tallahassee, Florida 32303

Dear Mr. Bush,

We aren't going to have a presidential election with the problems that
we had in 2000, are we? Frankly, I don't care who your brother and
father are -- don't make me send any more hurricanes.

God

*****

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 26th 04, 05:26 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:32:57 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

Purrs yet again for the people of Florida, as Hurricane Jeanne
(category 3) comes ashore tonight. It's hitting the Florida east
coast, landing in the Port Saint Lucie/Stuart area (between Melbourne
(north) and West Palm Beach (south)), in many of the same areas
Hurricane Frances did a few weeks ago.

Hurricane Jeanne is the storm that is thought to have killed about
1500 people when it came through Haiti. The number is unknown, as
hundreds of people are missing in the flooding.

Although our names share the same spelling, I do not claim any
relationship to this storm. We don't pronounce our names the same
way...

Purrs started up once again for those in the path of the storm.
Actually, still going on, since some poor folks are still trying to
clean up from the earlier storms.

Which has me wondering if there was any news from Crackles' Meowmie
and family. Last I remember they had lost the shingles after one storm
with another one on the way.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 26th 04, 06:03 AM
Karen

in article , Jeanne Hedge at
wrote on 9/25/04 9:32 PM:

[...]

Boy my heart goes out to those people. I'm afraid, if I were there I would
need to seriously consider relocating. This is just ridiculous. I know it's
a cycle thing but man, enough is enough!