Snoring?

Old September 18th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Dent

Default Snoring?

Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and the
only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since her was
a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Old September 18th 09, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 04:13:55 -0500, "James Dent"
wrote:

Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and the
only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since her was
a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

I used to have a tomcat that snored. It was sort of a treble snore.

Bud
Old September 18th 09, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"James Dent" wrote:

Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and the
only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since her was
a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Leila does. Loudly, sometimes, less so at others. She's the first cat
I've ever known to snore, though, so it took me a while to identify the
source of the racket, that first time.

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old September 18th 09, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

James Dent wrote:
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night
I thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs,
and the only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring
since her was a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

My late Mandy did, but only once. She'd just gotten back from surgery,
and was still pretty groggy. I'd settled her on a blanket on the nice
level floor, and woke up in the middle of the night to find her on my
pillow with her nose stuck in my ear, snoring her head off!

--
Cheryl

Old September 18th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"James Dent" wrote in message
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and
the only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since
her was a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Yep, Persia snores. It's not usually very loud though.

Jill

Old September 18th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

James Dent wrote:
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night
I thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs,
and the only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring
since her was a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Caliban snores, and Frank was a snorer. Come to think of it, I've only
experienced male snorers (among the feline population). My sister's cat,
Linus, also snores. You can hear him from the next room.

Caliban also snores loudly. Once, I woke up in the middle of the night
to his snoring (he was sleeping at my feet). He also makes other noises
while asleep. Sometimes he moans. It's a very spooky sound, and I've
awoken in the middle of the night to it. It really sounds like a ghost.
I don't know what terrible nightmares he has, to make such noises.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 18th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"James Dent" wrote in message
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and
the only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since
her was a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Dante is a mighty snorer, who makes ridiculous grunting and snorting noises.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 18th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 18, 4:13*am, "James Dent" wrote:
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other night I
thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14 lbs, and the
only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been snoring since her was
a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Boots is a snorer, but it's because she has polyps in her nose. They
can
be removed, but it's not medically necessary.
Sherry
Old September 18th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Marina wrote:
James Dent wrote:
Opie snores quite loudly. He sleeps next to my wife and the other
night I thought it was her snoring he was so loud. He is a big boy, 14
lbs, and the only one of the Fabulous Four who snores. He has been
snoring since her was a kitten. Vet says some cats just snore.
Any others have snorers?

Caliban snores, and Frank was a snorer. Come to think of it, I've only
experienced male snorers (among the feline population). My sister's cat,
Linus, also snores. You can hear him from the next room.

Caliban also snores loudly. Once, I woke up in the middle of the night
to his snoring (he was sleeping at my feet). He also makes other noises
while asleep. Sometimes he moans. It's a very spooky sound, and I've
awoken in the middle of the night to it. It really sounds like a ghost.
I don't know what terrible nightmares he has, to make such noises.

TuTu snores. Sometimes it is louder than others. I have wondered if
there might be some Persian in her genes (flat noses?) although she
appears just tabby mix (black, brown and w big white belly. MLB