The first collared dove just for me

Old October 3rd 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The first collared dove just for me

Collared doves were always caught by Boyfie for KFC, so there hasn't been
one since April, when she passed away.
Today I got up and found one deceased in my kitchen, he'd thoughtfully eaten
the head and legs so as not to gross me out ;-)
I considered plucking it and stewing it (woodpigeon breast is a delicacy
here) and collared doves are only a bit smaller, but in the end I didn't. I
waited until Boyfie was out and put it in the bin. Seems a shame really.
Must be braver next time and eat it.

Tweed

Old October 5th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Collared doves were always caught by Boyfie for KFC, so there hasn't been
one since April, when she passed away.
Today I got up and found one deceased in my kitchen, he'd thoughtfully
eaten the head and legs so as not to gross me out ;-)
I considered plucking it and stewing it (woodpigeon breast is a delicacy
here) and collared doves are only a bit smaller, but in the end I didn't.
I waited until Boyfie was out and put it in the bin. Seems a shame
really. Must be braver next time and eat it.

Tweed

Congratulations, I think.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 5th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Collared doves were always caught by Boyfie for KFC, so there hasn't been
one since April, when she passed away.
Today I got up and found one deceased in my kitchen, he'd thoughtfully
eaten the head and legs so as not to gross me out ;-)
I considered plucking it and stewing it (woodpigeon breast is a delicacy
here) and collared doves are only a bit smaller, but in the end I didn't.
I waited until Boyfie was out and put it in the bin. Seems a shame
really. Must be braver next time and eat it.

Tweed

Congratulations, I think.

I'd prefer him not to kill birds, tbh. I'd rather he just caught the young
ratties but, sadly he does catch birds. There has not been a collared dove
here in the kitchen since he brought them for Kitty, who loved to eat them,
so now he must think *I* need them.
If he brings another I must make an attempt at it.
Now you all think I'm crazy! Woodpigeon breast is sold at a huge price in
fancy restaurants and collared doves aren't much smaller.
So - I'll try the next one. It seems a shame to waste it since Boyfie has
already caught it.

Tweed

Old October 5th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Collared doves were always caught by Boyfie for KFC, so there
hasn't been one since April, when she passed away.
Today I got up and found one deceased in my kitchen, he'd
thoughtfully eaten the head and legs so as not to gross me out
;-)
[...]

I've really become quite immune to what anyone might choose to eat.
Especially after I learned what squab was and that people who had
other options chose to eat it.

But then there isn't a lot I haven't tried or wouldn't try.

Jo

Old October 5th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

There are some things I will not try. Tripe is one. I've seen what it
looks like and know I'd hate the texture and jelliness of it.
Woodpigeon breast is lovely, served in good restaurants, I had it once
myself, it was delicious. Collared doves are only slightly smaller, so I
should at least make at attempt at it rather than putting the body in the
bin to be wasted.
I know what squab is and that's another thing I've chosen not to try. I
used to keep pigeons so it's unlikely I will want to eat a baby one, still
in the nest.

Tweed

Old October 5th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

how considerate of him to get food for you and be wanting to gross you out
either, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

Old October 6th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Still, it's point of view. Not so very different from eating a
chicken, or an egg for that matter. And I know you keep chickens.

Jo

Old October 6th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Yes, I do keep chickens but they are rare breeds - not enough on them to eat
even if I wanted to. Eggs. Yes, every time I eat one where there is a
viable male in with the girls I am potentially destroying a chicken that
"might have been"
However I cannot hatch them all and my boys are all getting a bit
geriatric - I doubt there's a sperm among them now, tbh ;-)

Tweed