Feral purrs, please

Old June 24th 04, 03:25 AM
Dan M

Default Feral purrs, please

This morning I stumbled upon some kittens that could use some purrs.

I was delivering a load of fiberglass insulation to a company in
Livermore, California (just east of Oakland and San Francisco). It was
going to take a while to get my trailer unloaded, so I was walking
around outside the building. When I got over near the refuse baler I
noticed a fuzzy little head underneath - a kitten!

Since I always worry about kitties who appear to not have a home, I went
to the truck and opened a can of tuna and poured a bowl of water, then
placed them under the baler and retreated. As soon as I was out of
sight, the little kitten came out again - with his/her four littermates!
All five kittens dug in to the tuna and the water, polished off all the
tuna, then sat in the sun grooming themselves. Four of them are grey
tabbys, the fifth is solid black.

I noticed interesting personalities in a couple of them. The first four
kittens had been chowing down for a minute or two when out walked the
fifth kitten, yawning hugely. Old sleepy missed out on probably half the
can of tuna. The first kitten I saw had a black patch over his nose. He
noticed me watching them while they were grooming, and as soon as he did
he took a few steps closer to me, sat and stared with a look that seemed
to say "this is our territory, and we don't welcome intruders. If you
come closer you'll have to deal with ME!".

When I finally got unloaded I put out a second can of tuna - I was
worried that Sleepy might not have got enough to eat.

Now here's where the purrs come in - I'm trying to find someone who does
cat rescue to come trap these babies (and momcat if she's around). I've
e-mailed a couple of animal shelters looking for information on people
who might be interested in helping.

Old June 24th 04, 04:06 AM
Takayuki

Dan M wrote:

When I finally got unloaded I put out a second can of tuna - I was
worried that Sleepy might not have got enough to eat.

Now here's where the purrs come in - I'm trying to find someone who does
cat rescue to come trap these babies (and momcat if she's around). I've
e-mailed a couple of animal shelters looking for information on people
who might be interested in helping.

They sound like they're used to getting handouts. You carry cans of
tuna with you whereever you go?

They sure do sound too cute. Purrs that they are trapped
successfully. I'm sure they can all be rehomed.

Old June 24th 04, 04:10 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 24th 04, 04:10 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 24th 04, 04:10 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 24th 04, 04:26 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Dan M at wrote on
6/23/04 9:25 PM:

[...]

Purrs you find a group that will help them.

Karen