I Took Her Toy Away

Old February 6th 16, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Took Her Toy Away

Buffy has lots of toys. Glitter balls, mylar balls, golf balls, mousies
that rattle, soft toys filled with catnip. You get the picture.

Today she was playing with something I didn't recognize... turned out to
be a dead, dessicated Anole lizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_anole

At least it wasn't a live lizard (BTDT), don't want lizards in the house!

She got mad at me for throwing it away.

Jill
Old February 6th 16, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 11:49:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Buffy has lots of toys. Glitter balls, mylar balls, golf balls, mousies
that rattle, soft toys filled with catnip. You get the picture.

Today she was playing with something I didn't recognize... turned out to
be a dead, dessicated Anole lizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_anole

At least it wasn't a live lizard (BTDT), don't want lizards in the house!

She got mad at me for throwing it away.

Squeakytoy is made at you _also_ She would have liked the lizard if you were going to be mean enough o take it away from Buffy. She told me to offer you a bunch of our sn*w for your lizard.

--
Will in New Haven

Old February 6th 16, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/6/2016 12:30 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 11:49:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Buffy has lots of toys. Glitter balls, mylar balls, golf balls, mousies
that rattle, soft toys filled with catnip. You get the picture.

Today she was playing with something I didn't recognize... turned out to
be a dead, dessicated Anole lizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_anole

At least it wasn't a live lizard (BTDT), don't want lizards in the house!

She got mad at me for throwing it away.

Squeakytoy is made at you _also_ She would have liked the lizard if you were going to be mean enough o take it away from Buffy. She told me to offer you a bunch of our sn*w for your lizard.

LOL sorry but I wouldn't trade lizards for all the snow in New Haven!

Do keep warm. I hate to tell you this but it was 75° here yesterday.

Jill
Old February 9th 16, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 12:44:22 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 2/6/2016 12:30 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:
On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 11:49:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Buffy has lots of toys. Glitter balls, mylar balls, golf balls, mousies
that rattle, soft toys filled with catnip. You get the picture.

Today she was playing with something I didn't recognize... turned out to
be a dead, dessicated Anole lizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_anole

At least it wasn't a live lizard (BTDT), don't want lizards in the house!

She got mad at me for throwing it away.

Squeakytoy is made at you _also_ She would have liked the lizard if you were going to be mean enough o take it away from Buffy. She told me to offer you a bunch of our sn*w for your lizard.

LOL sorry but I wouldn't trade lizards for all the snow in New Haven!

Do keep warm. I hate to tell you this but it was 75° here yesterday.

You _loved_ to tell me that. When my job involved talking to librarians in Hawaii, they enjoyed complaining that it hadn't gotten above ninety all day when they _knew_ we were buried in sn*w.

--
Will in New Haven

Old February 10th 16, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

LOL sorry but I wouldn't trade lizards for all the snow in New Haven!

Do keep warm. I hate to tell you this but it was 75° here yesterday.

You _loved_ to tell me that. When my job involved talking to librarians in Hawaii, they enjoyed complaining that it hadn't gotten above ninety all day when they _knew_ we were buried in sn*w.

--
Will in New Haven

Will, mine was not a "neener neener" reply! I know you're teasing but I
really do NOT love. People bring up weather, I'm not going to lie about it.

I just happen to live in a sort of sub-tropical area in this vast US
country. I dealt with occasional ice and snow (for many years, just not
this far south and not for about 10 years). I can't help it if there's
a blizzard.

I'm grateful for not having to deal with snow and ice anymore. However,
you can only find Carolina anole lizards in the um, Carolinas. Maybe as
far north as West Virginia or Virginia.

If you and Squeakytoy want to see those types of lizards you need to
move south. Or adopt them as pets. LOL

Jill
Old February 10th 16, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 9:54:59 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

[...]

We are moving south, to Florida, when I retire. I don't love Florida but my brother and I and my friend Micki all want to live together and Micki and Sid outvote me. Squeaky and Samantha Shi-Tzu don't mind.

--
Will in New Haven

Old February 11th 16, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:54:47 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

I'm in southern Florida now and we certainly have lizards. And frogs,
poisonous according to my neighbors. Don't let your dogs (or cats) try
to eat those frogs.

But I love the little lizards, and the big ones as well, but mostly
those little guys are all over the place. Once in a while one gets in
the house and the cats enjoy the company although I try to round them
up and get them back outside.
Old February 11th 16, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2016 11:02 PM, dgk wrote:
I'm in southern Florida now and we certainly have lizards. And frogs,
poisonous according to my neighbors. Don't let your dogs (or cats) try
to eat those frogs.

But I love the little lizards, and the big ones as well, but mostly
those little guys are all over the place. Once in a while one gets in
the house and the cats enjoy the company although I try to round them
up and get them back outside.

I had a five-lined skink in the house last year.

http://srelherp.uga.edu/lizards/eumfas.htm

I wondered why the heck Buffy was suddenly so facinated by that box of
music CD's. What the heck are you fussing about? I moved the box to
see and oh! It's a lizard!

It was comical. Buffy and I worked in tandem, she went one way, I went
the other, trying to corner that lizard. She wanted a cat toy, I just
wanted to put it outside. Neither one of us could catch it. It got
away from us and ran into the bedroom. No idea what happened after that.

I don't think it died in the house. I likely would have smelled
something that died in the bedroom. They are larger than the small
anole lizards.

So, relating to the poisonous frogs... everyone tells me skinks are
poisonous. No, they aren't. They won't bite you, either. But I still
don't want them inside my house.

Jill
Old February 11th 16, 09:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 2/9/2016 8:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

We have lots of green anoles in east Texas. I think of them as
chameleons because of their ability to change color, although they are
not true chameleons. They are good little insect-catchers. I enjoy
seeing them around, although they would be wise not to come inside this
house (with three cats!). Temp is supposed to be in the mid-70s this
afternoon. I think Mother Nature isn't sure of the weather right
now--some of my azaleas are in bloom.

MaryL

Old February 11th 16, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/11/2016 3:41 AM, MaryL wrote:
We have lots of green anoles in east Texas. I think of them as
chameleons because of their ability to change color, although they are
not true chameleons. They are good little insect-catchers. I enjoy
seeing them around, although they would be wise not to come inside this
house (with three cats!). Temp is supposed to be in the mid-70s this
afternoon. I think Mother Nature isn't sure of the weather right
now--some of my azaleas are in bloom.

MaryL

We've got a cold snap going on right now but I had a riot of azaleas
blooming in December and January. They are a particular type of azaelea
that bloom twice a year. Gotta time the trimming just right.

And yes, those green anoles are cute (even when they're brown and trying
to blend in with the woodwork, so to speak).

Jill