I saw the cat in my garage!

Old July 31st 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default I saw the cat in my garage!

I just went out to the garage, and the cat food had been eaten, and some
of the water was gone.

I had put a ring of talcum powder on the floor around the food and
water.

The tracks didn't go very far, but some of them seemed to be headed
towards the big pile of old lumber. It is pretty large, and extends 2/3
the length of the north wall.

Way back in the corner, using a flashlight, I could see a little fur!

I got as close as I could, and I could see about 1/4 of him, meatloafing
on the floor, with a board mostly covering him.

He looks to be mostly a buff color, but I'd bet he's white on his
underside. I found some all white, and white with buff ends, fur on my
car.

He looks young, and pretty small, from what I could see. I could see one
green eye; it looked very big on his face; another reason to believe
he's small, and likely not full grown.

I couldn't get to him: there is a motorcycle, an old but working
microwave oven, and two bicycles I will never be able to ride again, in
the way.

I looked in that exact spot earlier (Monday? Tuesday?), so I'm sure he
moves around.

I need to trap him and get him out of that terribly hot garage.

But I don't know what to do, once I catch him.

This situation really bites. I feel so helpless.

Poor kitty. At least he's not hungry or thirsty. Tonight.

But how did he know to set up housekeeping in MY garage?

And let himself get locked in, several times?

That invisible sign that says 'Cat lover owns this garage' must really
have been working overtime, to get him to move into a GARAGE, of all
places.

Pity the sign didn't say "Financially challenged cat love lives here. He
can't help you. Go elsewhere, and find somebody with a lot of extra
money. THEY will find a way to help you" :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 31st 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

You could try trapping him/her, but at this point I think the best you are
going to do for a while is just to provide food, water and shelter for the
poor beastie. Build up trust.

If you do catch him or her, don't worry about the cost - have faith in the
goodness of RPCA that s/he will be provided for.

Yowie

Old July 31st 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

That's so sad! But, as you said, at least he/she has food and water for
now, but where is it going to the bathroom? Do you even have a cat trap or
have access to one?

kili

Old July 31st 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
[...]

I wish I were back home at the moment. I have one of those 'have a heart'
animal traps, never unpacked from the box, in my storage shed. Alas, I'm
not there. Animal control (at least in Memphis) will rent one out for a
small refundable deposit. There's a thought.

Jill

Old July 31st 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
[...]

When I trapped Shadow I borrowed the trap from the vet for a refundable
deposit, the deposit was deducted from the neautering bill.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 31st 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
[...]

I was wondering about renting one, too, Jill. Thanks for bringing it up.

kili

Old July 31st 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

Keep taking care of him, please, and some how, some way will be found for
you both. Is there a place where you can put a litter box where he can go
and you can get to in order to clean it out? Cheap kibble is better than no
kibble and water shouldn't be a problem. Is there any members of the group
that live near you and able to help?

Cats are smart. He didn't "want" a monetarily rich human, he wants you. He
knows that you may not have cash, but you do have lots of love and caring.
I believe that is more important than all the dollars in the world. I'm
still thinking kind and loving thoughts and the owners are still purring for
you to be able to work this out for everyone's benefit.

Please keep us informed.
Pam S.