It's too hot....

Old July 8th 11, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default It's too hot....

It's too hot for Lorelei to spend much time at ALL in my lap

She likes to lie stretched out on the linoleum floor in the kitchen.

I have a window AC in the bedroom, but it gets HOT in the rest of the
house, during the day.

Lorelei could go down in the basement, if she got REALLY hot.

I go down there to cool off, sometimes.

It's not a finished basement, and this is an OLD house, so it's not very
nice down there.

I've often wondered if Lorelei would like having a small fan blowing on
her.

Cats are so strange; she might not like the noise.

I got a little 6" fan that I used at work, when I got laid off; it was
going to be thrown away. My boss TOLD me to take most of the things in
my lab, when it closed, since they were going to get thrown away.

I needed an outlet strip last week, and I had one in a box of stuff I
brought home from work

Every January and February, when it's -20F (-29C) I *SAY* I'm not going
to complain about the heat during the summer.

The temperature range for my city is -34F to 108F (-36C to 42C)

The temperature records for my state are -64F to 115F (-53C to 46C)

That's a 179F range, the largest in America.

The older I get, the harder it is on me.

Lorelei seems to tolerate the heat and cold better than I do, to tell
the truth.
Old July 8th 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Wen itz two hot Ize sleepz unner da wadderflusher in da hoomin bafrum.

Snowflake

You can tell the indoor temperature is above 83 when you find Snowflake
stretched out under the toilet. She doesn't seem to mind if you use the
facilities while she's there, either.

Old July 8th 11, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:04:12 -0400, Gandalf
ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've often wondered if Lorelei would like having a small fan blowing on
her.

Cats are so strange; she might not like the noise.

I got a little 6" fan that I used at work, when I got laid off; it was
going to be thrown away. My boss TOLD me to take most of the things in
my lab, when it closed, since they were going to get thrown away.

My one loves to lay right behind the fan and let the air go over nim!!

Old July 8th 11, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

None of my four like the air blowing on them. They lay below the AC where
the air comes out and behind a fan.

Old July 8th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_4_]

On 07/08/2011 06:24 AM, kraut / larry stark wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:04:12 -0400, Gandalf
ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've often wondered if Lorelei would like having a small fan blowing on
her.

Cats are so strange; she might not like the noise.

I got a little 6" fan that I used at work, when I got laid off; it was
going to be thrown away. My boss TOLD me to take most of the things in
my lab, when it closed, since they were going to get thrown away.

My one loves to lay right behind the fan and let the air go over nim!!

++++
When it is not hot enough for the A/C I use a fan which TuTu seems to
enjoy. If the A/C
is on, she wants to go out on the enclosed patio.MLB

Old July 9th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jul 8, 1:04*am, Gandalf ingold1234(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
[...]

My cat Charlie (RB) loved our ceiling fan. He didn't like a direct hit
with the cool air, I would put his bed slightly off centre so he only
got a gentle breeze, you could actually see the pleasure in his eyes!
He wasn't able to get around too much, he had sore joints even with
medication from TED.
We don't often get really hot weather in Scotland, just a few days at
23c here and there. Not worth fitting AC.
Bess