The $600 furball (Peewee Update)

Old September 21st 03, 09:17 AM
-L.

Default The $600 furball (Peewee Update)

Well, it seems the Peewuss is majorly on the mend. He passed yet
ANOTHER huge furball - this time barforola-ed it all over the room
this morning, but I'm pretty sure that this giant furball was the main
cause of his problem. This cat has been on hairballl remedy food for
the last five years or so (Nutro) - and has never - until now, had a
furball. I think this giant one had to have been in there forever.
The vet bills from this past week have been in excess of $600.00. I
cannot believe that a furball could cause this much trouble, but
apparently, it has. I am planning to change his diet - and try to
prevent further problems. I'm disappointed that the hairball rememdy
food apparently had little effect.

Anyway, thanks again to all who sent love and support. As for now,
he's eating like a pig and feeling better. We are still keeping him
under close monitor, though.

-L.
Old September 21st 03, 01:23 PM
MaryL

"-L." wrote in message
m...
[...]

Are you using canned or dry food? I previously used Science Diet hairball
control, and it helped. Then I switched to Wellness and Felidae (both
canned). My cats' coats immediately improved, and I received an unexpected
side effect -- they very seldom have furballs.

MaryL

Old September 21st 03, 05:07 PM
Karen

in article , MaryL at
wrote on 9/21/03 7:23 AM:

"-L." wrote in message
m...
[...]

I missed the first post. So glad to hear Peewee is on the mend. I have a
feeling that hairball food is only as effective as the amount of water going
in, since it's based on extra fiber.

Karen

Old September 21st 03, 05:25 PM
Mary

I'm disappointed that the hairball rememdy
food apparently had little effect.

A friend of mine also adds a tsp of olive oil to his cats dinner to keep things
flowing through the pipes. Might be good to slowly work up to a tsp or kitty
will get the squirts.

Maybe you should also brush her a lot. I kept a brush next to the toilet and my
cat would follow me every time I went and I'd brush him. I also used a rat comb
which would really pull the excess hair out. I used to take a warm moist
washcloth and wipe off my cat once a day also. I did that to keep down
allergies for my boyfriend but it also gets a lot of hair off. If your cat is
long haired, maybe a slight haircut might help also.