GAH! Bloody cat!

Old November 25th 04, 12:18 AM
Helen Miles

Default GAH! Bloody cat!

Sorry, just a brief vent.

Chatter, "bless her", (note the sarcasm) was spayed yesterday. In
the UK, the vets use a flank incision. Last night, I briefly took
off her E-collar so she could eat her dinner, turned my back for 1
second, and she ripped her stitches out. (This was 11.30pm). Rang
the vet, drove to the vet surgery, got her wound stapled. Got to bed
1am.

This morning, the little minx got her E-collar off 1/2 way over her
head, so I had to take it off to put it back on. I conentrate on
sorting out the collar to refix it for oooh, all of 10 seconds, and
the little minx rips her staples out. 9am, we're back at the vet.
Wound glue and more staples.

Tonight, I took her e-collar off so she could just clean herself
briefly after dinner. I was supervising this time. She's like
greased lightening. In all of 3 seconds after taking the collar off,
she'd ripped the staples out of her wound, and pulled at the wound
glue so that the spay incision opened again.

I've spoken to the vet, put the E-collar back on, and patched her up
with butterfly sutures (the sticky tape kind) and covered/dressed
the wound. Back to the doctors office at 9am tomorrow.

GAH! GAH!, GAH!, and double GAH! Bloody cat!

Why, oh why, did I have to end up with a self opinionated little
calico with attitude?? Why can't I have a Hallmark kitty? whine ;o)

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I'm a little
frustrated! ;o)

Helen M

Old November 25th 04, 12:45 AM
Denise VanDyke

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Do you suppose a tiny bit of a mild sedative would help? Just enough to
slow her down a little? I hate to do that to them, but sometimes (like
with some people) a bit of physician induced mellowness is called for.

- Denise who would love for Brenna to have a little more natural
mellowness to ease her stressed-out personality (no, sweetie, that noise
is the clothes washer - just like the last 1,500 times it startled
you...sigh)

Old November 25th 04, 12:56 AM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:18:26 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
yodeled:

[...]

What a little monkey!

Theresa

Old November 25th 04, 01:01 AM
Yoj

She sounds like a real brat cat! She reminds me of the way Nanki-Poo
fought the appetite stimulants. You'd have thought we were trying to
poison him! All I can say is, a cat with that much fight in her (or
him) is going to fight to recover from anything.

--
Joy

news:575fabc293d50135e940953480e604fc.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 25th 04, 01:06 AM
Jo Firey

Didn't someone yesterday post that calico's can be a bit "single minded?"
It sure fits Molly.

Knock it off Chatter. Helen could use a bit of a break.

Jo