TED does the business

Old June 9th 05, 09:06 PM
wafflycat

Default TED does the business

Took the clowder to TED today, for annual check-ups & booster jabs.

Marble *howled* the entire time. he howled in the car on the way to TED. He
*howled* in TED's reception area. He *howled* in the exam room. He *howled*
when TED examined him & gave him his jabs. He *howled* when he went back in
the carrier & he *howled* all the way home. Then he *howled* when let out of
his carrier back at home.

France went next. Francis refused to come out of his cat carrier. Even with
the cat carrier tipped completely upside down, Francis demonstrated his
mountaineering skills by using his claws as pitons, jammed into the sides of
the cat carrier and refusing to come out. he had a look on his face of "Last
time I was here some berk wanted to kill me." Anyhow, I managed to coax
Francis out - by the scruff of his neck. Francis reminded TED of exactly
what he thinks of TEDs these days. Can't blame him really, but I did remind
Francis that the TED he was seeing today did not want to kill him at all....
Anyhow, TED examined Francis and is extremely pleased with how Francis is
doing. Keeping on weight, looking good, fit, healthy, & with more than
enough life in him to remind TED that he has claws and fangs & is not afraid
to use them ;-) TED was impressed that Francis manages to hunt rabbits :-)

Waffles was last of all. TED impressed that for a now senior ladycat, she is
fit, healthy etc. considering what she went through a few years ago and that
minus a couple of fangs, she is still a mighty huntress.

So all three are now up-to-date with health checks & vaccinations for
another year.

Cheers, helen s

Old June 9th 05, 09:53 PM
Irulan

Glad to hear all 3 are doing well.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 9th 05, 10:30 PM
Adrian

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

That is good news! Long may it continue.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 9th 05, 10:45 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very glad to hear the kitties are doing so well, that's wonderful!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old June 10th 05, 04:36 AM
Sam Nash

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
Took the clowder to TED today, for annual check-ups & booster jabs.

So all three are now up-to-date with health checks & vaccinations for
another year.

Cheers, helen s

Glad to hear the crew checked out so well.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old June 10th 05, 05:10 AM
Marina

wafflycat wrote:

So all three are now up-to-date with health checks & vaccinations for
another year.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Frank wanted to point out to TED
that Waffles is not a senior cat, she is a gorgeous mature ladycat.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 10th 05, 07:44 AM
Tish Silberbauer

Congratulations to the gang! In a straaange conincidence, I took the
two younger cats, Spock and Persephone, to the v*t for the same thing.
Last year, when I did this, I knew the cats would travel better if
together, so tried to fit them into the one cat carrier.
Unfortunately, Spock is waaay to smart to be contained for long, and
he spent most of the journey there and back wandering around the car
telling me how horrible I was. Fortunately, both cats are
harness-trained, so I was able to keep them under control (and
therefore safe) while at the v*t.
This year I used the wide dog crate to put them in, which is
incredibly heavy (especially with 10kg / 22lb of cats in it), but is
escape-proof.
Both cats are healthy and not-fat, although the v*t did mention that
Persephone's bones are very "well covered" for a cat of her
dimensions. Their teeth are good too (I have been worrying about
their teeth).
Ted does not get annual vaccinations because any trip to the vet gets
her so stressed that her diabetes swings out of control for several
weeks afterwards. At 19.5 years old, we figure that she can do
without the stress.

Tish

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:06:19 +0100, "wafflycat"

Old June 10th 05, 09:57 AM
wafflycat

"Marina" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

So all three are now up-to-date with health checks & vaccinations for
another year.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Frank wanted to point out to TED
that Waffles is not a senior cat, she is a gorgeous mature ladycat.

Indeed she is :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old June 10th 05, 08:09 PM
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
Took the clowder to TED today, for annual check-ups & booster jabs.

I guess I should take mine soon. Kitty has only been twice, first time when
her balance didn't seem right - ear mites. She nearly burst out of her box
in the car when I was driving there, and she gave the vet a second look when
she came out of it with wide eyes like a jack in the box. He was almost
scared of her and well may he have been, she ain't no cat to fiddle around
with! She tested negative for everything.
Second time she went, she'd been missing for more than a day and I
eventually found her in a neighbour's garden, no need for a box to contain
her then she just laid out on the back seat of the car on the way to TED,
which was proof that she must be very very ill and she just laid in my arms
in TED's waiting room even though there were D*gs in there.
They decided she fell from a height, being old she misjudged the safe way
down from somewhere but she has recovered just fine, completely after an
expensive vet bill that I don't begrudge at all.

Boyfriend has only just been for his snip last year, when he tested neg for
everything too and they are both treated with Stronghold regularly for
worms, mites and fleas etc all in one go.

Do I need to take them them to TED for check-ups yearly even though they
seem absolutely fine with the health program that they're on?

Tweed

Old June 10th 05, 09:52 PM
wafflycat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Do I need to take them them to TED for check-ups yearly even though they
seem absolutely fine with the health program that they're on?

Tweed

Well mine get at least the annual check-up where they get their booster jabs
so they are all up-to-date. Proof of vaccinatins being up-to-date is
required if they ever need to stay in a boarding cattery and mine do when we
go off on holiday.

Cheers, helen s