more about interferon side effects

Old June 7th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default more about interferon side effects

"calvin" wrote in message
On Jun 7, 12:13 am, "Matthew"
wrote:
"calvin"
I have a question? Are you what they consider mentally handicapped or in
better terms I think the polite way is that person is slow.

short term medication - side effects may be tolerable

long term medication - side effects may build up, month
after month, year after year

When you address that concern, I may begin to have
respect for your advice.

I already have in an above post. Now I know you are "slow"

Old June 7th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Mr. P, I wasn't asking why the cat was prescribed never
ending medication, I was expressing concern that any
harm that might come from it would build up indefinitely.
You're smart, no doubt, but you don't seem to be able any
better than anyone else to grasp the point I'm trying to make
about that. Take liver damage, for example. I won't be able
to see that it is happening, nor will the vet. So the damage goes
on and on, if there is liver damage. That's just an example.

You want me just to think there is no possible side effect,
no matter how long the medication goes on. That seems
naive, to say the least. Everything has side effects.
Maybe it won't be liver damage, or nervous system damage,
or anemia, but you can be sure it will be something.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. The cat will receive
interferon for at least the week following his neutering.
After that, I don't know what to do, except look for more
information on the internet, and get a second opinion.
Old June 7th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"calvin" wrote :

short term medication - side effects may be tolerable

long term medication - side effects may build up, month
after month, year after year

When you address that concern, I may begin to have
respect for your advice.

You need the advice of ANOTHER VET, asshole. You don't want to pay for it,
and you're PDC as hell, so here you are repeating yourself.

lol

You're so stupid it's actually funny.

Old June 7th 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote
I already have in an above post. Now I know you are "slow"

But he does love his cat. Better a bonehead with love in his heart than a
genius that does not care.

Old June 7th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"calvin" wrote in message
Mr. P, I wasn't asking why the cat was prescribed never
ending medication, I was expressing concern that any
harm that might come from it would build up indefinitely.
You're smart, no doubt, but you don't seem to be able any
better than anyone else to grasp the point

Your cat will die without it, and sooner than if you do not use it. So it
does not matter if in the end some of the side effects occur. They all die
eventuallty. You have to treat her with this so she does not die now.

Old June 7th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"calvin" wrote in message
Mr. P, I wasn't asking why the cat was prescribed never
ending medication, I was expressing concern that any
harm that might come from it would build up indefinitely.
You're smart, no doubt, but you don't seem to be able any
better than anyone else to grasp the point I'm trying to make
about that. Take liver damage, for example. I won't be able
to see that it is happening, nor will the vet. So the damage goes
on and on, if there is liver damage. That's just an example.

WRONG IT IS CALLED BLOOD WORK AND A FULL WORK UP.

NO YOU CAN'T GRASP THE CONCEPT. WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. MOST OF US HAVE OR
HAVE HAD OR DEALT WITH FURBALLS THAT HAVE HAD OR HAVE LONG TERM EFFECTS.
DID YOU EVEN READ MY RESPONSE ABOUT MY CAT WHO IS DIABETIC AND EPILEPTIC OR
ABOUT MY CAT WHO HAS HYPERTHYROIDISM IN ANY OF MY OTHER POST.

You weren't here but I had posted about my cat fight when he was posioned
in the pet food recall. I KNOW WHAT ALL THIS MEANS

You want me just to think there is no possible side effect,
no matter how long the medication goes on. That seems
naive, to say the least. Everything has side effects.
Maybe it won't be liver damage, or nervous system damage,
or anemia, but you can be sure it will be something.

WHERE IN THE HELL DID I OR ANYONE SAY THAT. Driving to the dollar store
for crayons and posterboard AND A NICE WAY TO LOOK AT IT. EVER HEARD OF
POSTIVE THINKING

Thanks to everyone for your advice. The cat will receive
interferon for at least the week following his neutering.
After that, I don't know what to do, except look for more
information on the internet, and get a second opinion.

TAKE THE INTERNET BLOGS AND THROW IT OUT THE ****ING DOOR FOR THE LAST TIME.

FINALLY YOU GET IT TAKE YOUR CAT TO ANOTHER VET IF YOUR TRUSTED VET IS NOT
TRUSTED ANYMORE

GOOD LORD You are the first to ever give me a headache in all years of
being on the internet

Old June 7th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote
I already have in an above post. Now I know you are "slow"

But he does love his cat. Better a bonehead with love in his heart than a
genius that does not care.

That type of love is scary

Old June 7th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
spot

Seems to me cancer is more the concern than the stupid side effects that
may or may not ever show up.

do the right thing and treat the cat and give it a chance or put the
poor thing to sleep before the cancer gets severe and it's in pain.

You are being an idiot there is only two options treat it or put it to
sleep. Make up your mind it's not going to get any easier.

Celeste

Old June 7th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"calvin" wrote in message
Mr. P, I wasn't asking why the cat was prescribed never
ending medication, I was expressing concern that any
harm that might come from it would build up indefinitely.

First of all, the oral 30 IU dose is not much more than a cat with an normal
immune system would produce. Second, there is no build-up because the
interferon you're giving your cat is completely destroyed by gastric acid in
the stomach. So there is no liver damage or any other kind of damage. Oral
interferon works by binding to mucosal receptors in the oropharynx where it
triggers the release of cytokines. The cytokines, not the interferon,
circulate through the system and stimulate the cat's immune system. Do you
understand that?

You're smart, no doubt, but you don't seem to be able any
better than anyone else to grasp the point I'm trying to make
about that.

I fully understand the point you're trying to make. Your point just has no
merit and its just not based on facts or any evidence.

Take liver damage, for example. I won't be able
to see that it is happening, nor will the vet. So the damage goes
on and on, if there is liver damage. That's just an example.

You're not grasping the *fact* that for the last 12-15 years thousands of
FeLV+ cats have been given oral interferon for years- usually the rest of
their*lives*- and *no* adverse effects of *any kind* have *ever* been
reported.

1) "When used orally in cats, adverse effects have apparently not yet been
noted." (Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook)

2) "Adverse effects have not been reported in animals." (Saunders Handbook
of Veterinary Drugs)

What part of those references don't you understand?

You want me just to think there is no possible side effect,
no matter how long the medication goes on. That seems
naive, to say the least.

No- its documented *fact* from highly credible sources.

Everything has side effects.
Maybe it won't be liver damage, or nervous system damage,
or anemia, but you can be sure it will be something.

Do you think you know better than Plumb's and Saunder's? Seems like you
think you do.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. The cat will receive
interferon for at least the week following his neutering.
After that, I don't know what to do, except look for more
information on the internet,

Here's a better idea: Buy the fuking books:

http://www.amazon.com/Plumbs-Veterin.../dp/081380518X

http://www.amazon.com/Saunders-Handb.../dp/0721673872

and get a second opinion.

What will you do when the second vet tells you the same thing?

Trying to get through your think skull is like trying to hammer a rubber
nail through a plank. I know I'm hitting the nail on the head- but it just
bends.

Old June 7th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

On Jun 7, 12:23*pm, spot wrote:
Seems to me cancer is more the concern than the stupid side effects that
may or may not ever show up.

do the right thing and treat the cat and give it a chance or put the
poor thing to sleep before the cancer gets severe and it's in pain.

You are being an idiot there is only two options treat it or put it to
sleep. *Make up your mind it's not going to get any easier.

The cat is feeling fine. He has great quality of life.
He eats like a hog, far more than any of my other
cats. He is unbelievably affectionate, and he purrs
whenever I touch him. He is not 'sick'. The vet
said he tested positive for non-cancerous leukemia
(apparently that's not a contradiction in terms).

The only reason he was given the test was because
he was a stray tomcat that I took to the vet to be
examined before neutering. He had some skin and
fur issues, and for that and other possible infections
he was prescribed two-a-day antibiotics for ten days.
He has also had ear mite treatments, de-worming,
a rabies shot, and a flea treatment. He is very much
improved, and is to be neutered tomorrow.

There is no way I would consider killing a cat simply
because he tested positive for something. If and when
he appears to be suffering, that is the time for thinking
about euthanasia. He's not suffering at the present,
but is healthy and happy, to all appearances.