OT Dresden Files on Sci Fi

Old March 26th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Default OT Dresden Files on Sci Fi

wrote in message

Do you remember that show "Early Edition", the one where the guy gets
the next day's newspaper, and when he reads of someone dying in an
accident
or whatever, he goes off to prevent it from happening? The paper is always
"delivered" by an orange cat, and is signaled by the cat's loud meow. That
doesn't take much time from the show, but it add a lot of character IMO.

I loved Early Edition, in part because of the cat. On a funny note, Kyle
Chandler, who played Gary Hobson on that show, and who plays the coach on
Friday Night Lights, looks remarkably like Rob's military oncologist. Very
unnerving when I first met him. I don't know about Chandler, but I love Dr
Williams' sense of humor. It's as warped as Rob's and mine are.

Pam S.

Old March 26th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry

Tanada wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
IT also replays on Friday nights sometimes also
I got hooked on heroes, stargate, battle star, Dresden files, and they are
doing a show I really like called special unit

Special Unit was originally a summer replacement on CBS (IIRC) back when
they were using their imaginations. I loved it. It was one of the reasons
I really wanted to get cable back. Rob is currently watching Amazing Race.
Mine is the only bedroom without cable, and I rarely like to watch what
everyone else has on. Sigh. Three rooms one tier price, four rooms much
more expensive.

I still remember the episode of Special Unit where they had to beat the
banshee or whatever monster it was to get information. It was so funny.

Pam S. who has a warped sense of humor

Only the last statement makes sense ........
Old March 26th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Hey I love the gnome they way they interact is hilarious. Specially when
one **** the other off and they go to beating each other senseless

"Tanada" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old March 26th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

you have to watch the show to understand it is like the 3 stooges met
sci-fi with baseball bats

Old March 26th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Matthew" wrote in message
Hey I love the gnome they way they interact is hilarious. Specially
when one **** the other off and they go to beating each other senseless

Yup, and when the female cop gets into it as well, it gets really funny.
The gnome's scams are a riot.

Pam S.

Old March 26th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry

Matthew wrote:
Hey I love the gnome they way they interact is hilarious. Specially when
one **** the other off and they go to beating each other senseless

Sadist!!!!!!!

Old March 26th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We love this show too. One of the tv shows we
record regularly. I will start reading the books as
soon as my daughter finishes up with them.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

"Karen" wrote in message
I know there are a lot of fans of this kind of thing out there. I never
watched other Urban Fantasy stuff, but this caught my attention. I really
like The Dresden Files. Watching the first episode led me to the books and
I really love those. HOwever, the TV show is very good in its own right and
entertaining. Paul Blackthorne portrays a perfect Harry Dresden and is easy
on the eyes to boot. Terry Mann is a delicious ghost and the treatment of
ghost instead of air spirit for the show works really well. If you don't
get the scifi channel you can buy these off iTunes and I'm really enjoying
that little aspect of the internet. You just catch more being able to focus
on it. I'm really praying they pick this up for a second season. We won't
know until probably may says guy in the know Robert Wolfe. It's maybe a
point for those of you who loved Deep Space 9 that Wolfe and Beimler have a
lot to do with this show so you can expect some real quality. It's still
developing but its got such a good start that I think it can really become
something. It's on Sunday nights with replays at other times. I just wanted
to throw a plug in for it. I like it THAT much.

Old March 26th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Tanada" wrote:
Special Unit was originally a summer replacement on CBS (IIRC) back when
they were using their imaginations. I loved it. It was one of the reasons
I really wanted to get cable back. Rob is currently watching Amazing Race.
Mine is the only bedroom without cable, and I rarely like to watch what
everyone else has on. Sigh. Three rooms one tier price, four rooms much
more expensive.

If you have cable it should not cost more regardless of how many rooms you have
it in. There was a ruling several years ago that prevents cable companies from
charging more for additional rooms. The same does not apply to satelite.

Randy