(OT) Dental Blues Redux

Old October 14th 05, 11:09 PM

Default (OT) Dental Blues Redux

Okay, so you guys made me do it. I finally got off my butt and called
the Dental Referrel group and they found a dentist office where they
are experts in dental anxiety and where they do IV sedation for oral
surgery.

Unfortunately, it is way out on the East side of town. It took me
three buses and two hours to get there. All in all, I left home at
1:30 pm and got back at 7:30 pm! All for one appointment.

He tried to talk me out of having them all pulled, of course, and
nearly has. He says I have about 12 good teeth left (oh, boy! 12
whole teeth!), and that I would have a lot fewer problems with partial
plates than with full dentures. And, I have an infection, which I
figured.

Problem is, as you can already figure, the cost is enormous, and I
can't do it. Period. Nearly $4,000 for the whole thing. Full
dentures would be around $6,000.

I'd laugh if I wasn't crying.

So there's nothing to be done right now. I am looking for a part-time
job, and if I get that, I can probably make slow payments for the next
however many years.

Went to the dr. yesterday (busy week for health issues!). Talked to
the social worker there about financial help, too, but there appears
to be nothing. At least all my tests came back pretty much normal, so
in spite of my appearance of being unhealthy, I apparently am not
doing all that badly. Guess that's good, at least.

On-topic:

Kittens are still with me. No reasonable adoption nibbles yet. :-(
They are adorable, but I have GOT to find them a home. Still haven't
been vetted, but there is a low-cost vaccination clinic Wednesday next
week, so I will probably call ahead and see if he will bring Advantage
and Droncit, too, and we'll get them fixed up as best we can.

Hurricane Katrina kitties are still in the process of coming, and I
should know something about that in the next week or so. Local news
covered the arrival of the first group of 28 animals, but they are
going to Albany, NY, I believe. The next group is ours.

Due to all my running around and being exhausted the last couple of
days, I didn't get to read the group until today. So (in the spirit
of Yowie's Yom Kippur post), I apologize heartily for anyone I have
accidentally offended, ignored, or just missed who needed support or a
"Good job!" So blanket purrs and "Congratulations!" going out to all
who need/deserve/want them.

Ginger-lyn
Semi-toothless old lady . . . . ;-)

Home Pages: