I called the Cab Company

Old September 3rd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default I called the Cab Company

The woman who answered the phone said "Oh don't tell me you're calling about
Barry? You aren't the first complaint we've had, but you are the first
we've had say he's shown up at someone's house!"

Looks like this guy is hitting on everyone and anyone. Sheesh.

Old September 3rd 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Make a report to the police This guy sounds like a nut case and trouble
waiting to happen. Make a report protect yourself

Old September 4th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I have to agree with Matthew. If Barry isn't a complete kook or a criminal,
having the police talk to him might straighten him out. If he is, knowing
you have reported him to the police will probably make him think twice about
taking this any further.

Joy

. ..

Old September 4th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Joy wrote:
I have to agree with Matthew. If Barry isn't a complete kook or a criminal,
having the police talk to him might straighten him out. If he is, knowing
you have reported him to the police will probably make him think twice about
taking this any further.

Agreed. If you're not the first complaint, this guy is setting a
precident for bad behaviour and it's time he learned he better knock it
off. The cops need to be aware of him.

--Fil

Old September 4th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default And I called the cops! (WAS I called the Cab Company)

Enfilade wrote:
Joy wrote:
I have to agree with Matthew. If Barry isn't a complete kook or a
criminal, having the police talk to him might straighten him out.
If he is, knowing you have reported him to the police will probably
make him think twice about taking this any further.

Agreed. If you're not the first complaint, this guy is setting a
precident for bad behaviour and it's time he learned he better knock
it
off. The cops need to be aware of him.

--Fil

I called the sheriff's department. I was made to feel like the rape victim
who didn't immediately dial 911. The woman on the phone asked me, "Why did
you wait so many hours before calling?" Uh, because I didn't think it was
an emergency? I wound up hanging up on the bitch; she asked some questions
then said, "So, do you want to make a report?" Well hell, why else would I
be calling you? Think I just want to chit-chat with the police? I wound up
hanging up on her, she was so rude and totally useless. I'm pretty sure no
report was taken. God help me should I actually need help in an emergency.

Jill

Old September 4th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Call back and ask to have an officer come out and make a report in person so
you can deal with the cop face to face

Old September 4th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sun 03 Sep 2006 09:46:44p, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Enfilade wrote:
Joy wrote:
[...]

Jill, you need to call them back. Start your report as if you
never called before. If you get the same person, let them know that
you didn't think it was serious until you got advice later which is
why you didn't report it sooner. (truth). If she asks why you hung
up, well, you don't owe an explanation. Ask for a police officer to
come make a report. That way they know the area you live in in case
it happens again, or to someone else in your area.

--
Cheryl

Old September 4th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Jill, you need to call them back. Start your report as if you
never called before. If you get the same person, let them know that
you didn't think it was serious until you got advice later which is
why you didn't report it sooner. (truth). If she asks why you hung
up, well, you don't owe an explanation. Ask for a police officer to
come make a report. That way they know the area you live in in case
it happens again, or to someone else in your area.

Once again, agreed. Call again, and get an officer to come take a
report. You shouldn't have to explain, but if you do, being confused
and unsure of yourself is TOTALLY NORMAL for these sorts of situations,
in fact, many people who have actually been VICTIMIZED don't call the
cops because they feel confused, unsure, like they were partly to
blame, embarrassed, etc.

--Fil

Old September 4th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sun 03 Sep 2006 10:06:22p, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

Once again, agreed. Call again, and get an officer to come take
a report. You shouldn't have to explain, but if you do, being
confused and unsure of yourself is TOTALLY NORMAL for these
sorts of situations, in fact, many people who have actually been
VICTIMIZED don't call the cops because they feel confused,
unsure, like they were partly to blame, embarrassed, etc.

When I had to call the cops last year for a peeping tom, I was
hesitant. For about 5 minutes. I admit that after I reported him
(he lived across the street from me) I was afraid of the
retribution, but he had to be held accountable. I got a security
system installed, and pulled the shades at night. I should have
always pulled the shades, but I was niave. It's a busy road, and I
never expected someone hiding in the bushes outside of my living
room window. I also had the big bushes removed so there was no
where to hide. I also had flood lights installed with motion
sensors on all sides of my house. I will admit he scared the ****
out of me for a while, but I took all the precautions that I could,
and wouldn't let fear of him rule me. He's gone now; he lived with
his grandmother across the street, and she passed this summer.

--
Cheryl

Old September 4th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Enfilade wrote:
Joy wrote:
[...]

Excellent advice. Also if you get an officer to come out and take a report,
it will be an officer that normally works in your neighborhood and who knows
and talks to other officers who work in your neighborhood.

Jo