We have a dog!

Old March 14th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Default We have a dog!

And World War 3 has not yet erupted ;-) In fact, she is scared of the
cats and won't cross their paths! I think they are learning this quite
fast and are not so alarmed by her as they were at first.

Anyway, her name is Daisy, she arrived on Monday and she is a German
Shepherd-collie crossbreed, about 4 years old, black & tan with really
sweet ears that perk right up when she is interested in something and
stick out at angles the rest of the time. She came from the local
council dog pound and seems to have have a reasonable home sometime in
her past as she is well-behaved and knows some commands already, but for
whatever reason, those people didn't want or couldn't keep her any more.
She is a sweetheart and seems to be settling in very well. We have had
more exercise in the last 2 days than we had all winter and that can't
be a bad thing either ;-) The cats haven't reacted too badly - lots of
fluffing up, hissing and big eyes at first, but not really running away
and only hiding on the first day - now they still fluff up and hiss but
don't run or hide. I am hopeful that everything will continue to improve
:-)

Here is a picture of Daisy when we took her out for the day yesterday:
http://www.zoobotanica.plus.com/daisy.JPG

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 14th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:36:01 +0000, (Debbie Wilson)
yodeled:

And World War 3 has not yet erupted ;-) In fact, she is scared of the
cats and won't cross their paths! I think they are learning this quite
fast and are not so alarmed by her as they were at first.

Anyway, her name is Daisy,

What a sweet name.

she arrived on Monday and she is a German
Shepherd-collie crossbreed,

Watch out, those are very smart.

[...]

Lovely girl! More pics, soon, please.

I love dogs, and don't have one in deference to the masters. Purring
that peace reigns in your house.

Deb.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 14th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Mar 14, 9:36�am, (Debbie Wilson) wrote:
[...]

Ohhh! She is a pretty dog. She looks smart! If Daisy is afraid of the
cats, that's half the battle. They'll adjust just fine I bet. Happy
was a lot younger than Daisy when we got him, but they "trained" him
real well. I think in the end they were actually fond of him. Bootsie
was, for sure.
I really miss him--your post really made me want a dog.
Sherry

Old March 14th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Debbie Wilson wrote:

Here is a picture of Daisy when we took her out for the day yesterday:
http://www.zoobotanica.plus.com/daisy.JPG

She looks really, really sweet! Congrats on your new family member, and
calming purrs on the way to the cats to stop floofing already.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old March 14th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:36:01 -0400, Debbie Wilson wrote:

Here is a picture of Daisy when we took her out for the day yesterday:
http://www.zoobotanica.plus.com/daisy.JPG

Deb.

She's a sweetie!

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old March 14th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Debbie Wilson wrote:
[...]

Awwww! What a pretty girl! Reminds me of Kamoi, a half-breed G-shep we had
when we lived in Bangkok. The name Kamoi means "thief" in Thai; he was
always stealing things... the gardener's hat being the primary target

Jill

Old March 14th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

[...]

PS Debbie, is that your art on the home page? It's gorgeous. Is that
a tiger salamander?

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 14th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Karen wrote:

She looks so sweet!!! Condogulations!

ROFL!!!! Thanks :-)

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 14th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Sherry wrote:

Ohhh! She is a pretty dog. She looks smart! If Daisy is afraid of the
cats, that's half the battle. They'll adjust just fine I bet. Happy
was a lot younger than Daisy when we got him, but they "trained" him
real well. I think in the end they were actually fond of him. Bootsie
was, for sure.
I really miss him--your post really made me want a dog.

Aww - I hope you are able to have one again one day. She is a darling.
What is so funny is when she lies down in her bed to sleep, and the
snoring starts immediately, she can't possibly have dozed off that fast
but she snores as if she is :-)

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com