Zak; RB

Old March 21st 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Zak; RB

While I have been hanging around the cat groups almost since they were
created I tend to be pretty quiet so few of you know me. Some of you I
have seen posting since before the split and some of you are "newer" than
that. Quite a few of you have given me a good laugh at times or touched me
and I hope my few posts have touched at least a few of you over time. I
have always been a "One cat" person and was adopted by my first cat while
still living with my parents many years ago. I lost that cat when she was
way too young. I was about 26 at the time and adopted my second cat, a
black and white boy with a vocabulary to rival some of the college students
I meet at my current job. He lived 15 years and died suddenly. I remained
alone for a month or two and then adopted Zak. That was about 10.5 years
ago and some of you may know Zak has been fighting kidney failure for about
10 months.

Last night I took him for his final visit to the vet and we decided to
allow the final kindness of an easy passing. Easy for Zak but not for me.
My well sized two bedroom apartment is now very quiet to this 52 year old
single guy. There is no one underfoot to help me tumble to the floor and
no reason to close the bedroom door before I go to work or leave the window
shutter open for. I am happy his discomfort is over, heartbroken that he
is gone, proud I kept my promise to him, guilty I kept my promise to him
and much more. I miss him so much already. I would gladly have kept
spending money or time if it would have saved him but .. At this time I
don't plan to adopt another cat. I don't have much more to say at this
moment. I appreciate all the purrs and good thoughts many of you have sent
me and Zak over the last months. It did help.

Andy
Old March 21st 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Outsider wrote:
[...]

You have my sincere condolences, Andy, I've lit a candle for Zak.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...=eng&gi=Zak%20
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 21st 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Candle for Zak

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...=eng&gi=Zak%20

Old March 21st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Adrian A" wrote in
:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...=eng&gi=Zak%20

Thanks, I appreciate it. I added my own to the group.

Andy

Old March 22nd 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We will purr and pray for a safe journey for Zak to the RB.
Condolences to you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

. ..

Old March 22nd 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

(((((((((Andy)))))))))

It always hurts.

Joy

Old March 22nd 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Mar 21, 4:00 pm, Outsider wrote:
[...]

Aw Andy, I'm sorry. My beautiful baby Punkers spent her final day
with me yesterday too. And it's empty and it's quiet here tonight.
My heart goes out to you. You were a good dad to Zak and he had a
fine life. Go with that. I haven't many words of wisdom...still too
many knots in my stomach...and I can't send purrs, but I'll be
thinking of you and Zak.

PatM

Old March 22nd 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Deep condolence purrs for Andy and PatM. The death of a furbaby is too
horrible for me to contemplate. In your position I think I would have to go
numb.|

Old March 22nd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Outsider wrote:
[...]

Sending comfort purrs your way, hoping that soon the pain of Zak's loss
will be overshadowed by the pleasant memories of his time with you. And
lighting a candle to help Zak on his journey to the Bridge.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe