(OT) EGADS!!! Barely Wednesday and a rotten week!

Old December 23rd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default (OT) EGADS!!! Barely Wednesday and a rotten week!

On 2007-12-22 13:10:13 -0600, Lesley said:

On 19 Dec, 11:03, wrote:
Good lord! I'd dive under the covers and not come out until the weekend.

I have to say this is a new one - break into someone's car, rob them,
and leave them a puppy? Was the puppy supposed to be payment of some
kind? I sure hope that's not the start of a trend.

Or there's the reverse, which made the news over here this week

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3070943.ece

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

*snort*

Old December 23rd 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 22 Dec, 12:13, wrote:
.. Definitely an entry for a Stupid Criminals list
somewhere!

Seems to be a welcome trend- muggers are getting stupider

Recently a friend of mine had left our games club and was walking to
the station when he was accosted by a guy who demanded his wallet and
said he had a knife. Jared simply said "No" which seemed to confuse
the guy so that his demand went down to "Two quid or else". Jared said
"I don't have any money on me but I have some friends nearby who will
have" and walked back to the club with the guy following him. It went
down in the history of great entrances when Jared walked in, followed
by this guy and said "Hi everyone, this guy has just tried to mug me,
can you sort him out?"

At which point, Matt who is over 6 foot and big with it walked up and
the guy ran for it.

A week or so later another friend was at a bus stop and this guy asked
if he could have one of John's roll up cigarettes so John did him one
and as he reached over with the cigarette, the guy reached into his
shirt pocket, snatched something and ran off. John didn't give chase
as he's a pensioner and anyway the guy had got his bus pass, which
whilst it's a nuisance is hardly important. Moments later, the guy ran
back, handed John his bus pass and said (This is a classic) "I'm sorry
I didn't mean to steal that I meant to steal your money so could you
give me that please?"

Old December 28th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On 22 Dec, 12:13, wrote:
[...]

It's not funny to be mugged, but your stories made me laugh, Lesley. It's
the "ingrained in most Brits to be polite" stuff that I found amusing.

"Excuse me, please give me your money .." LOL!

Tweed