Cat Book

Old March 12th 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

Default Cat Book

This book, called "Scratch and Co" The great cat expedition is by Molly
Lefebure, published by Victor Gollanez in 1968 and reprinted in 2006. It
was published in Great Britain. It was sent to me by an English cat loving
friend who now lives in Australia but goes back to Britain every year to see
her Dad.

I loved the book, it being a cat adventure story. The cats set off on a
Himalayan type expedition and are going to climb the HKP (Highest Known
Peak) in the kingdom of catdom. It includes high altitude terrier sherpas,
low-level rabbit porters and rival journalists including a mongoose. The
enemies are foxes, lol. I can understand why it has such a following in
the UK being a delightful children's book, full of humour and has wonderful
descriptions of the flora and fauna of the mountains. The author lives in
the Lake District.

I'd be interested to know if any of you have heard of it, particularly cat
lovers in the U.K.

Bev

--
The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Old March 12th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

ollie2 wrote:

[...]

Just for fun, I looked this up on amazon.com. Bev, hold onto this book.
One seller is asking $500 US for it!!

(Several copies are also going for under $10 US, while a few others are
just above $100. I don't know why there's such a wide range of prices.)

The story does sound very charming.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 14th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

Joyce,

Isn't it amazing what books go for on Amazon.com. A cousin of mine in the
US looked up one of my books on Amazon "The Dolphin Boy" by Beverley Dunlop
and amazingly it was going for $100. Not up to the price of Scratch and Co
but it makes you blink, lol.
I think it has something to do with being out of print.
Dolphin Boy was published in 1981. It may be that the first edition of
Scratch sold for more than the second, being published in 1968.

Bev

wrote in message
ollie2 wrote:

[...]

Book Review: The Devious Book For Cats tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 November 12th 08 02:41 PM
A book Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 3 August 28th 08 05:13 PM
almost done with cat book Irulan Cat anecdotes 21 July 11th 07 11:00 PM
Is this a useful book? Jack Crane Cat health & behaviour 0 July 5th 06 12:20 AM