Just like when meowmie was working..

Old February 17th 12, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Just like when meowmie was working..

I bought Smudgie a box of those yesterday too. Will be interesting so
see what her and Boyfie think of it, she is quite a fussy eater.

He loves it. I forgot to watch him eat the first one to see if he did
indeed bite, chew, and lick it, but tonight he did lick the pate, and the
rest, being in smaller pieces than the regular pouches, went down in a
flash. I have renamed it "gobble and gulp" ;-)
I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid a
box of 12.

Tweed

Smudgie does not like it but then she is a fickle fusspot. The other cat I
feed, Katie, does not like it either. I will give it to the shelter, the
cats in there will like it I'm sure. "Gobble and gulp" Lol

Sharon

Old February 17th 12, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

I just love the idea of your cat waiting for you by the gate when you
come
home. Dogs do this (not so much in the US where we have leash laws), but
it's
not so common for a cat to do it. He's very loyal.

--
Joyce

Persia's an indoor cat but she always knew when I was coming home. When
we lived in the apartment in Tennessee she'd wait on the window sill in
the front bedroom for me to come home from work. She recognized the
sound of the car and my parking spot was right by the front door. I'd
see her sitting in the window waiting for me Now I have a house with
a garage. I enter directly into the kitchen after I park. When she hears
the electric garage door open she waits for me in the kitchen. Of
course, there's always the chance I bought something for her while I was
out! She gets first dibs inspecting what's in the shopping bags

Jill

I have an attached garage. Lindy (RB) used to be waiting for me just
inside the door from the garage whenever I came home. Waffles and Pickles
are usually on my bed when I leave, and still there when I come home.

Joy

When I worked regular hours and got home just after 3pm Smudgie would always
be waiting in the hallway to greet me. She would go to bed just before I
left in the morning and, I assume, stay there until just before I got home.
Now my hours are less and more erratic she is usually still in bed when I
get in. She will sometimes open one eye and acknowledge me but that is as
far as it goes.

Sharon

Old February 17th 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:24:56 -0800, Joy wrote:

Telepathy.

I actually believe it is something like that.

Old February 17th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Feb 17, 5:17*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
[...]

Rusty (RB) never acknowledged me when I got home. Not even a twitch of
his tail.
or opened his eye. He just kept on sleeping.
But if I put him in his room and closed the door before I left home,
he would be
pacing by the door of his room waiting for me to let him out.
Old February 17th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 02/17/2012 03:10 AM, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
I bought Smudgie a box of those yesterday too. Will be interesting so
see what her and Boyfie think of it, she is quite a fussy eater.

He loves it. I forgot to watch him eat the first one to see if he did
indeed bite, chew, and lick it, but tonight he did lick the pate, and the
rest, being in smaller pieces than the regular pouches, went down in a
flash. I have renamed it "gobble and gulp" ;-)
I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid a
box of 12.

Tweed

Smudgie does not like it but then she is a fickle fusspot. The other cat I
feed, Katie, does not like it either. I will give it to the shelter, the
cats in there will like it I'm sure. "Gobble and gulp" Lol

Sharon

What they reject today may be a favorite next week. At least that is my
experience with TuTu. MLB
Old February 17th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie has got used to having me at his beck and call especially when
it's
"let me back in NOW" at the back door, since I've been at home.
Today, the temperatures have risen to 7c from minus 6, and the snow
is
melting at last, so the boy ventured out for a while and was not back
by
the
time I needed to do a little bit of food shopping. I was only gone
for
an
hour but when he heard Mr F's engine he leapt my 5ft solid gate from
the
back garden and came to greet me as I got out of the car.
This is what he used to do, he would always be waiting for me "on the
front"
as I call it, even when he had access in and out of the house during
the
summer, and I suspected he'd been reclining on his duvet, he would
always
jump the gate before I arrived and be waiting on the front.

Aww, he's so cute.

Yes, he is a darling. A little bit of gate-jumping won't hurt him after
lounging around during the winter. He always gets a bit "fluffy" when
he
stays in a lot.
He's pretty good for nearly 10, he has to do it from nearly a standing
start
from behind the house as the path turns sharply right so there's no
run-up.

I just love the idea of your cat waiting for you by the gate when you come
home. Dogs do this (not so much in the US where we have leash laws), but
it's
not so common for a cat to do it. He's very loyal.

Sometimes I worry that Boyfie loves me too much. He will not allow anyone
else to touch him and goes to the back door to be let out if the doorbell
rings. I'm the centre of his universe - I dread to think what his kitty
mind was thinking while I was away for 8 weeks and he was home alone, only
being visited daily to be fed. I did visit him three times during that
period, the first and second time he was thrilled, the 3rd time I got the
classic punishment from a ticked-off cat. He was on his duvet and ignored
me. As I couldn't get upstairs with my "strictly no weightbearing" ankle, I
sent Claire upstairs to see if he was there. He was.
I called him to come down. Nope. He was seriously annoyed with me but when
I did eventually come home he couldn't control himself, he meowed every time
he looked at me and this went on for hours.

Old February 17th 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
I bought Smudgie a box of those yesterday too. Will be interesting so
see what her and Boyfie think of it, she is quite a fussy eater.

He loves it. I forgot to watch him eat the first one to see if he did
indeed bite, chew, and lick it, but tonight he did lick the pate, and the
rest, being in smaller pieces than the regular pouches, went down in a
flash. I have renamed it "gobble and gulp" ;-)
I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid
a box of 12.

Tweed

Smudgie does not like it but then she is a fickle fusspot. The other cat I
feed, Katie, does not like it either. I will give it to the shelter, the
cats in there will like it I'm sure. "Gobble and gulp" Lol

What does Smudgie like to eat?

Old February 17th 12, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 17, 2:10*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:

Smudgie does not like it but then she is a fickle fusspot. The other cat I
feed, Katie, does not like it either. I will give it to the shelter, the
cats in there will like it I'm sure. "Gobble and gulp" Lol

I have no problems as I said to Bonnie "You have a fine healthy
appetite for a young animal- a young shire horse". She does have her
fussy bits- she doesn't eat kitten food she made THAT perfectly clear
within a day of her arrival and she's not massively keen on dry to the
extent I now keep a small bag on hand as a very occasional treat for
Sarsi but anything wet is fair game and devoured at a supersonic
speed. Jim got some very expensive pate type food from "Tesco's" as a
treat for Molly and she turned her nose up at it so he gave it to me
saying "At least I know it won't go to waste with that kitten of
yours"- it didn't

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 17th 12, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

Fussy eaters are not allowed here, mainly because it worries me. I feed a
good quality food in various formats that should suit.
I would not tolerate my brother's cat Tigger's fussy eating, he is young and
healthy and there is no reason why there is only one box of Whiskas pouches
that my s i l can buy and still he will only eat three of the four flavours
in it.
I'd put it in his bowl and if he didn't eat it in a hour or two, I'd take it
up again with no alternative offered so next time he had a mealtime he'd be
a bit hungry.
Is this harsh? I don't think so, not with a young and healthy animal. If I
have an old one with CRF I will go to the end of the earth to find something
to tempt them, KFC would only eat roast chicken towards the end of her life.

Old February 18th 12, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Feb 17, 2:14*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message

[...]

Towards the end of his life Rusty ate cat food made from duck , on
the
suggestion of his vet. The food did smell like duck. I told him I
didn't get
to eat duck every day while he did.