Just like when meowmie was working..

Old February 19th 12, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Just like when meowmie was working..

A cat that goes too long without eating develops irreversible health
problems. It doesn't have to starve to death.

--
Joy

Treat each day as your last. One day you will be right.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She will not allow herself to starve, Lee.
Trust me on this.

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i would have agreed with you until storrmmee she is so devoted to the dh
that when he is gone for 12 hours she hides, she only uses the box, but
refuses to eat, once he was gone for three days, i only got her to drink
chicken broth and not much at that, i will, should it be neccessary, watch
her so closely should he pass before me, I will not let her starve to
death, i will either find something she will eat or i will send her to the
bridge before she sufferrs too much, Lee

Old February 19th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
A cat that goes too long without eating develops irreversible health
problems. It doesn't have to starve to death.

No sensible cat will refuse good cat food, if it is in perfect health.
Unless it is holding out for chicken breasts or steak and it is up to you
not to allow it to do so.
I don't do picky eaters unless they are ill.

Tweed

Old February 19th 12, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

i sure hope we never have to find out, she stays barley healthy now, she
should weigh a pound more than she does, but without giving her total junk
she is just very thin... a fat day for her is five pounds... i guess i
should have fed her some as a baby, she is so devoted to him, and jealous of
me and all other cats that get near him, she treats me as if i am that other
woman, Lee

Old February 19th 12, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

No sensible cat will refuse good cat food, if it is in perfect health.
Unless it is holding out for chicken breasts or steak and it is up to you
not to allow it to do so.
I don't do picky eaters unless they are ill.

Tweed

Once again, Tweed, you're talking without actual knowledge. If you're going
to make assertions the back them up with evidence.
--
Adrian
Old February 19th 12, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I just love the idea of your cat waiting for you by the gate when
you come home.

My little Mingus used to do a lot more than that - he could hear
me coming from the end of the block, and would dash out of the
catflap at the back of the house, run round the end of the house,
past the front gate and meet me three or four houses down the
terrace. He would then escort me home chattering all the time
as if to tell me how his day had been.

His dad Ishmael picked up on the idea - he wouldn't come quite
as often or talk as much, but he'd stop every few yards to roll
over on his back in the gutter to have his tummy rybbed.

Old February 19th 12, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

No sensible cat will refuse good cat food, if it is in perfect health.
Unless it is holding out for chicken breasts or steak and it is up to you
not to allow it to do so.
I don't do picky eaters unless they are ill.

Tweed

Once again, Tweed, you're talking without actual knowledge. If you're
going
to make assertions the back them up with evidence.
--
Adrian

All I can say is that is what my vet told me. You're annoyed me with me,
aren't you?

Old February 19th 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

I just love the idea of your cat waiting for you by the gate when
you come home.

My little Mingus used to do a lot more than that - he could hear
me coming from the end of the block, and would dash out of the
catflap at the back of the house, run round the end of the house,
past the front gate and meet me three or four houses down the
terrace. He would then escort me home chattering all the time
as if to tell me how his day had been.

His dad Ishmael picked up on the idea - he wouldn't come quite
as often or talk as much, but he'd stop every few yards to roll
over on his back in the gutter to have his tummy rybbed.

Mingus could hear you coming a block away when you were *walking*?

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old February 19th 12, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

My little Mingus used to do a lot more than that - he could hear
me coming from the end of the block, and would dash out of the
catflap at the back of the house, run round the end of the house,
past the front gate and meet me three or four houses down the
terrace. He would then escort me home chattering all the time
as if to tell me how his day had been.

Mingus could hear you coming a block away when you were *walking*?

Well, it's a short block by US standards - about 100 yards. It still
needed hearing far better than any human's. I didn't have hard soles,
stamp a lot or use a stick.

Mingus never liked me leaving for work in the morning, and if I started
packing a rucksack to go away for longer he'd sprawl on top of it to
stop me filling it.

Old February 20th 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
"Christina wrote:
wrote in message

No sensible cat will refuse good cat food, if it is in perfect health.
Unless it is holding out for chicken breasts or steak and it is up to you
not to allow it to do so.
I don't do picky eaters unless they are ill.

Tweed

Once again, Tweed, you're talking without actual knowledge. If you're
going
to make assertions the back them up with evidence.
--
Adrian

All I can say is that is what my vet told me. You're annoyed me with me,
aren't you?

First of all feline nutrition is given about 5 minutes worth of time in
veterinarian school. Most vets get what little or incorrect knowledge
about feline nutrition from cat food salesmen. I would not take
nutrition advice from a vet unless I knew that he had specifically
studied it in depth, more than I have (and that's a lot - as an
ailurophile I've spent my entire life studying everything I could about
cats).

Second, I posted a very sound article with reliable sources about this
question which you just ignored. I've, in the past, posted another
excellent page that gives you every single thing you would ever need to
know about feline nutrition. Again ignored.

Third, you've had a total of two cats (aside from childhood pets). If I
had a question about a canine problem, canine nutrition, canine
behavior, I would ask you first of all because I know you've spent a
large part of our life raising them and caring for them. But you are
not an expert on cats, and cats are different from dogs in almost every
way there is.

Finally, when you make sweeping pronouncements like this, in your
authoritative manner, you may be giving a neophyte cat slave inaccurate
and even dangerous information. It takes exactly three days of a cat
not eating for him/her to go into liver failure. Is it worth the
possibility of a cat losing its life in order for you to insist on being
right?

It *IS* possible for a perfectly healthy cat can starve himself to
death. Period.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old February 21st 12, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
I bought Smudgie a box of those yesterday too. Will be interesting so
see what her and Boyfie think of it, she is quite a fussy eater.

He loves it. I forgot to watch him eat the first one to see if he did
indeed bite, chew, and lick it, but tonight he did lick the pate, and
the rest, being in smaller pieces than the regular pouches, went down in
a flash. I have renamed it "gobble and gulp" ;-)
I can get it in Senior so I'll probably keep him on it while it's 3 quid
a box of 12.

Tweed

Smudgie does not like it but then she is a fickle fusspot. The other cat
I feed, Katie, does not like it either. I will give it to the shelter,
the cats in there will like it I'm sure. "Gobble and gulp" Lol

What does Smudgie like to eat?

She likes the pate textured food mostly but only really picks at that. She
likes the dental dry food I give her on recommendation from TED, it's
bloomin expensive but she does eat it. Apart from that she is super fussy.
If I give her Whiskas pouches she eats the jelly and leaves the meat and if
I mush it up she refuses it entirely. I have tried everything from cheaper
supermarket brands to the horrendously expensive foil trays. It all ends up
in the bin. The only time she did not care what was in the bowl was the day
we got her home after she was missing for 3 weeks and it didn't touch the
sides on it's way down. She flatly refuses anything in gravy or sauce. I
have tried leaving it down until it's starting to dry out but she'd rather
not eat at all. In fact, when I think about it, she doesn't eat much at all.