Caliban's test results

Old April 14th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Caliban's test results

Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P
so I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that
way...). Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The
vet said it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going
that route, at least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl
that way.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 14th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P so
I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that way...).
Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The vet said
it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going that route, at
least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl that way.

It's a good thing they found the mycoplasma, it can cause all kinds of nasty
problems. Good luck and purrs for the pilling-- and I know you won't forget
to give them ALL of the course of medication.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 14th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting
a course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P
so I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth
cancer cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted
that way...). Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a
day... The vet said it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so
I'm going that route, at least with Miranda who takes meds like a
good little girl that way.

I'm glad it's nothing more serious, purrs for the pilling to go easy.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 14th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

oh, poor babies.
we will purr and pray that they recover quickly and with no adverse
reactions.

Lily & her mama

"Marina" wrote in message
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P so
I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that way...).
Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The vet said
it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going that route, at
least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl that way.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old April 14th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P
so I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that
way...). Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The
vet said it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going
that route, at least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl
that way.

Whew, that's a relief! I'm so glad it was nothing more serious. Roxy
sends her look-alike pal a high-five.

And now, the serious business of trying to get medicine into the boy.
(Good to hear that Mir won't be a big problem.) Maybe mush the pill into
a very tasty treat? That works on Licky.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 15th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:31:01 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P
so I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that
way...). Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The
vet said it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going
that route, at least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl
that way.

I am very, very glad to hear that the cause of his mouth ulcer is an
infection that can be treated, and not something worse.

Mycoplasmas can be difficult to eradicate; hence the long treatment
course.

Since Caliban is difficult to pill, you could try the method I'm using
for Kenzie: pill + margarine + small stick + treat.

Feel free to E-mail me if you want more information. My E-mail addy is
good.

WoW! Crushing a pill in water? And Miranda ....drinks it? Eats it?

That's really pretty amazing.

Caliban must think Miranda is just too easy about taking pills, and is
determined to balance the equation, in true kitty fashion

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old April 15th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Gandalf wrote:

Since Caliban is difficult to pill, you could try the method I'm using
for Kenzie: pill + margarine + small stick + treat.

Feel free to E-mail me if you want more information. My E-mail addy is
good.

WoW! Crushing a pill in water? And Miranda ....drinks it? Eats it?

No, I can dribble it into her mouth from a syringe that way. I'm not
anticipating a lot of trouble with Caliban, since he hoovers all treats
without even chewing them. There is a treat that consists of sticks of
this soft stuff that you can wrap around a pill. I think I'm going to
try that with Caliban.

Old April 15th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not

Lots of purrs for a swift recovery.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 17th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Apr 15, 9:31*am, Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not

Many purrs for your pair.

--FIl
Old April 18th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:
Caliban showed positive for mycoplasma, so he and Miranda are getting a
course of antibiotics. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. He's not
showing any symptoms now, but I can't get him to show me his tongue :P
so I don't know if the ulcer is still there. It's a relief that it's
something eminently treatable (we've had a couple of those mouth cancer
cases here on rpca, and my wildest worries naturally drifted that
way...). Oh joy, 4-6 weeks of medicating *both* cats twice a day... The
vet said it's OK to crush the pill and mix it in water, so I'm going
that route, at least with Miranda who takes meds like a good little girl
that way.

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek