So hard...

Old November 23rd 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default So hard...

I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so I had to take my 2 little ones
(dogs) to the vets/kennel. All I had to see was the room that we had Happy
in and I burst out crying. I sat there for 20 or so minutes in my car
afterwards just sobbing. I just can't seem to 'let go' of this grief. I
ended up calling my pet sitter (she does cat duty when I'm gone). She
helped a lot with her kind words, but still... it is so hard and I just
can't get past it. The *only* good thing about what happened was the
timing. B/c if Happy was still alive, he'd be very sick, so I wouldn't
leave him alone, which means I wouldn't be able to see my father.

Just a little venting here for my heart's sake....

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old November 23rd 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

remember there is NO timetable on greif, we must all do it in our own way,
don't let anyone push you, not even you, Lee

Old November 24th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so I had to take my 2 little ones
(dogs) to the vets/kennel. All I had to see was the room that we had
Happy in and I burst out crying. I sat there for 20 or so minutes in my
car afterwards just sobbing. I just can't seem to 'let go' of this grief.
I ended up calling my pet sitter (she does cat duty when I'm gone). She
helped a lot with her kind words, but still... it is so hard and I just
can't get past it. The *only* good thing about what happened was the
timing. B/c if Happy was still alive, he'd be very sick, so I wouldn't
leave him alone, which means I wouldn't be able to see my father.

Just a little venting here for my heart's sake....

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie

((((((((Laurie)))))))))

I do understand. It's been over a year since I lost Nanki-Poo, and I still
cry over him - not as long, or as often as I did at first, but the pain is
still there. Lee is right about there being no timetable on grief.

Joy

Old November 24th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Stop beating yourself up, Laurie. It hasn't been that long since you lost
Happy. I was a complete wreck for a year after my dog Sampson died. That
was in 1999 and I still get misty sometimes when I see old photos of him or
am reminded of funny little things he used to do. Give yourself (and your
grief) time.

Jill

Old November 24th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:15:08 -0500, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:

[...]

Only time will heal your heart.

You grieve so much, because you loved Happy so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 24th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 23, 3:15*pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so I had to take my 2 little ones
(dogs) to the vets/kennel. *All I had to see was the room that we had Happy
in and I burst out crying. *I sat there for 20 or so minutes in my car
afterwards just sobbing. *I just can't seem to 'let go' of this grief. *I
ended up calling my pet sitter (she does cat duty when I'm gone). *She
helped a lot with her kind words, but still... *it is so hard and I just
can't get past it. *The *only* good thing about what happened was the
timing. *B/c if Happy was still alive, he'd be very sick, so I wouldn't
leave him alone, which means I wouldn't be able to see my father.

Just a little venting here for my heart's sake....

I know exactly how you feel. Rusty went to RB 2 days before I left
town
to see my mother. Instead of taking him to board at the vet, I took
him
in for his final journey to RB. When I returned home, instead of
picking
him up from the vet, I picked up his ashes.

I was going to send your some purrs, but then realized Rusty is not
here
anymore.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old November 24th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

[...]

Then I'll send them, via the constant purrer (Roxy) and the loud
purrer (Licky). And some for you, too.

Joyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old November 24th 10, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
[...]

***

(((((((Winnie))))))))

Joy

Old November 24th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message

I'm leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving, so I had to take my 2 little ones
(dogs) to the vets/kennel. All I had to see was the room that we had Happy
in and I burst out crying. I sat there for 20 or so minutes in my car
afterwards just sobbing. I just can't seem to 'let go' of this grief. I
ended up calling my pet sitter (she does cat duty when I'm gone). She
helped a lot with her kind words, but still... it is so hard and I just
can't get past it. The *only* good thing about what happened was the
timing. B/c if Happy was still alive, he'd be very sick, so I wouldn't
leave him alone, which means I wouldn't be able to see my father.

Just a little venting here for my heart's sake....

-----

Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling a little better this morning as I'm packing
to head out in an hour or so. 'Going to meet my father 'halfway' in Bemus
Point, NY. We're eating he http://www.harenhounds.com/

We did this last year and just loved it. Since Mom died (3 years ago), it's
just us now... but we manage!! Blessings to everyone here... and again,
thanks for letting me talk about a d*g in this great cat group!!

Laurie