Outdoor cat poisoning - report back

Old April 8th 05, 02:59 PM

Holy crap. My mother was right. She probably thought I was weird

enough
already, in an Ellie-Mae-Clampitt kind of way; without being a

leper on
top of that.
Sherry

Sherry, this is funny! Ellie Mae Clampitt??

Yeah, remember Ellie Mae and all her 'possums and raccoons and other
assorted "critters."

Sherry

Old April 8th 05, 03:06 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...

Holy crap. My mother was right. She probably thought I was weird

enough
already, in an Ellie-Mae-Clampitt kind of way; without being a

leper on
top of that.
Sherry

Sherry, this is funny! Ellie Mae Clampitt??

Yeah, remember Ellie Mae and all her 'possums and raccoons and other
assorted "critters."

Ahh, I see. I didn't make that connection and was picturing
you with blonde braids and a hillbilly accent!

Old April 8th 05, 03:09 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message
news

"Alison" wrote in message

Owners who keep their cats in all the time can
also miss signs like a cat having difficulties in pooing if the cat
tends to poo in the day time while they are at work.

They'd sure a **** know if the cat was constipated because the litter box
wouldn't have any **** in it - and if the cat had diarrhea, the evidence
would be in the litter box. The same principal applies to urine. At the
very least indoor owners would become aware of elimination disorders much
sooner than outdoor cat owners - and in the case of urinary tract
obstructions - sooner detection could make the difference between life and
acute renal failure and death.

You're sad devotion to an ancient and outdated tradition is blinding you
from reality.

It's true. And sad to see--for her cats.

Old April 8th 05, 03:32 PM
Mary

"Alison" wrote in message

"Christopher C. Stacy" wrote in message
Well, that's what a friend of mine from a part of Texas

(where they are common road kill) told me. I am pretty
sure he was serious, but I never researched it further.

OMG ! Now you stop scraping up roadkill right this instance , ya
hear Mary ? Them dang armadillo stews ain't gonna do ya any good!
Alison

Aww. Alison made a funny! Or tried, anyway. Very good, Alison!

Old April 8th 05, 03:35 PM
Mary

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
(Meghan Noecker) wrote:

I don't see that. I see how the economy has
changed since Boeing lost a lot of sales when the airlines went down.
But that is not about fear. I don't know anybody here who has changed
their daily behavior because of 911.

It just sounds to me like the wrong impression has been given to
people in other countries. That we are now paranoid or sitting around
in fear. Who has time for that?

Where do you live? Because, as I said, I see it all the time. I don't
think your experience is representative of the national experience. I
don't think people live in terror per se, but I do know: People pay
attention to the alerts and cancel flights; it's harder to get back into
the U.S. even for citizens and even coming from, say, Canada; there is
beefed-up security at every office building I've been to, as I said;
even Amtrak is being much stricter about these things; every time
there's a plane crash, the first thought is, "here we go again"; there
has been constant news about the sale of 50 mm rifles (which can take
down planes) and about the lack of security in shipping; there has been
major publicity about the insecurity of such things as nuclear and
chemical plants; etc., etc., etc. If you live in a major urban area,
it's at the back of your mind *all* the time, and if it weren't, work
security would remind you.

The increased security has been around for a while now.
As for the trappings of the new security being in the back
of our minds, it's like a barking dog in the neighborhood--
after a while you don't even notice it. I think you are just
more fearful than some people. It makes no sense to
worry or live in fear as what's going to happen is going
to happen whether you worry or not. If you worry, it
gets you twice.

Old April 8th 05, 03:40 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

LOL!!!! Chainmail is overcompensation against dull, rusty weapons.

Not ain't that funny comming from a moron who makes the same mistake

*every
day* after watching your cat die a horribly painfull death with a broken
back.

Lynnie and Mathew are old buds. It's the "why can't we all just get along"
school of morality. The folks in the school have a hard time sitting up for
the
lessons though, because like Lyn they have no goddamned backbones.

Old April 8th 05, 04:15 PM
CatNipped

(Meghan Noecker) wrote:

[...]

Odd, I don't get that impression - I'm in Houston, the largest city in Texas
and a major US port city. The only thing that I remember recently that even
brought terrorism to mind was when the BP oil refinery had a *major*
explosion. And even then I don't remember terrorism being mentioned on the
news coverage - I thought about it because I saw several military jets in
the air but no commercial airliners (I live next to an airport so I'm used
to seeing commercial airliners all the time).

Terrorism has not been mentioned by a friend or co-worker since right after
9/11 - and I am booking flights for my managers almost every week (I haven't
even heard any complaints about beefed-up security at the airport).

Come to think of it (and admittedly I don't watch television except
occasionally when I'm in a room with DH) but I haven't heard anything about
color-coded alerts in ages!

It's weird how people can have different perceptions of the same situation!
;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
http://www.slywy.com/

Old April 8th 05, 04:44 PM
CatNipped

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

Come to think of it (and admittedly I don't watch television except
occasionally when I'm in a room with DH) but I haven't heard anything
about
color-coded alerts in ages!

There haven't been any, just vague and interestingly timed warnings.

Oh, I *definitely* agree that our government is trying to use that to
control the US population and forward its own agenda, I just don't agree
that their plan is working like they thought it would. Underestimating the
American public has brought disaster to both its own political leaders and
inimical foriegn nations from the Boston tea party to Admiral Isoroku
Yamamoto's famous quote, ""I am afraid we have woken a sleeping giant, and
filled him with a terrible resolve".

It's weird how people can have different perceptions of the same
situation!

I think it's because we see it in our daily lives -- security at the
office, the constant mention on the news (of course, now that's been
relegated to a distant place with the death of the pope and other
things).

I *never* listen to what the media today has to say - over the past 30 years
they have gone from reporting news to selling laundry detergent! ; The
more fear, controversy and outrage they can engender, the higher their
ratings!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
http://www.slywy.com/

Old April 8th 05, 05:39 PM
Steve G

Phil P. wrote:
(...)

Yep. I wasn't sure if you could afford an expensive shot. ;-)

Heh.

Appositely, I've had my expensive shot for the day - 500 of your Earth
dollars for a pair of rabies titres. No, not for me dammit, foaming at
the mouth is *my* natural state!

Steve.

Old April 8th 05, 07:35 PM
Just Conservative

Marcia said
"Mary" wrote:

House. But then again, even three terms of them
(Reagan twice then Daddy Bush) did not keep
President Clinton from turning some things around
again. Example: the deficit.

What worries me is that a Democrat will not be able to (or will not
want to) turn things around again, I don't see how it can be undone.
I know I'm not in the US but as far as "Empire" building goes, I
really believe the US government is going to carry on with what
they've started.

Yes they will, or they won't get elected. Why?
see below:

both majoy parties are the same now, we don't have a left
wing party any more.

Yes. Nor is there a Conservative party in the U.S.
(Right wing, yes.)
This is an built in problem of 2-party systems where
a vote for a good guy is a vote for the opposite
mainstream party. The end result is the two parties
are the two wings of, in reality: one party.

It doesn't have to be that way.
For example see the Aussie's system,
or even the Sierra Club in the US.