Tigger update 2

Old November 4th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tigger update 2

I visited Tigger yesterday (because it was my brother's birthday!) gave me
the excuse.
He has not been outside since his car accident.
I thought he would look a lot more "smashed up" than he does, since the vet
said he would be disfigured. His cheek is slightly sunken one side, but you
would not notice if you were not looking for it. He will never have one of
his eyebrows again, it was completely taken off and he has a scar there
which will be permanent.
He has his jaw wires out in two weeks and at the same time he will get the
snip while he is under anaesthetic.
He's so small and slight, I can't believe he needs to be snipped just yet.
If he were mine I would wait 3 months at least until he is bigger and more
mature.
He looks like a tiny tabby Abyssinian(sp?) with his little pointed face.

Tweed

Old November 4th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update, it sounds like he had a lucky escape.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 4th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

We are still sending purrs for the little fellow.

Old November 4th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Really old memory

Christina's Tigger update reminded me of this - Let me go back about 25
years...

My ex, who severely messed me up emotionally, had one saving grace (okay,
two, but this is polite company - evil grin). She showed me that I am
,beyond any doubt, a cat person. My first cat was her eight year old orange
tabby named Aladdin. It both bothered her and amused her that I became his
person. I hope I see her again one day, to thank her...

Anyway, on to the story.

Marie's father professed not to like cats. Both of his kids had cats -
Tweety and Aladdin, though, so he tolerated the cats. He loved his kids a
lot.

Her father was a master carpenter, and he had a big, beautiful, shiny new
work truck. He really loved that truck.

One morning, he was backing out of the driveway. He saw something in the
road. Tweety had ben hit and badly hurt, and was lying in the road. More
traffic was coming! He backed his new truck across traffic, to barricade
Tweety from further traffic. He darn near got his truck hit three times,
while he scooped Tweety up and put her in the truck, on the clean, new
upholstery.

He took the day off, went immediately to the vet, and dropped $8000.00 on
fixing up the cat "It's my kid's cat, you know."

From that day on, he was Tweety's number one person, and he would pet her
and coo to her, but he NEVER EVER admitted to liking cats, the old
curmudgeon.

Oh, and he never let her go out after that - to protect his investment, he
claimed (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old November 4th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 4 Nov., 16:51, Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

From that day on, he was Tweety's number one person, and he would pet her
and coo to her, but he NEVER EVER admitted to liking cats, the old
curmudgeon.

Oh, and he never let her go out after that - to protect his investment, he
claimed (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Brought tears to my eyes and a wrm feeling to my heart.
Those old fellows do have a heart.g

Old November 4th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Don't worry about the snip. They did Archer and Ozzy's when they were only
about 7 weeks old. As long as they are large enough weight wise (I think 2
pounds is the minimum) they actually heal better and faster than if they're
older.

I'm glad to hear that Tigger is doing well - we'll keep sending purrs to the
poor little boy cat.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 4th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

and at the same time he will get the
snip while he is under anaesthetic.
He's so small and slight, I can't believe he needs to be snipped just
yet.
If he were mine I would wait 3 months at least until he is bigger and
more mature.
He looks like a tiny tabby Abyssinian(sp?) with his little pointed face.

Tweed

Don't worry about the snip. They did Archer and Ozzy's when they were
only about 7 weeks old. As long as they are large enough weight wise (I
think 2 pounds is the minimum) they actually heal better and faster than
if they're older.

7 weeks old?? Castrating a little boycat at that age? No way do I agree
with that.
I like to see them grow into a decent shape like a male should be before the
snip. Male kittens castrated too early have small slim faces like females
all their life. Hence my cousin saying that Boyfie looked like the Cheshire
Cat - she had her male kitten neutered early too.

Tweed

Old November 4th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

The problem is, at least for those of us who keep their cats inside, is that
the more testosterone they produce (which causes the, I agree, nice big
heads) the more apt they are to spray to mark their territory or fight with
other cats. That, combined with the quicker healing, is worth it in my
opinion - and I don't mind the slim faces, I like the "kitten-ish" look. ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 4th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I guess it also depends on the cat itself. When I first "rescued" Ernie,
Mimi, Moe and their adopted out sister Minnie - I thought Ernie was a girl
as well..... but a bigger girl. His boy-bits weren't very prominent, but now
that I look back, he *already* had the bigger head (see
http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/27...600x600Q85.jpg,
which was taken their second day of "captivity, they were about 4 weeks old)
It wasn't until about a week or so later that his boy-bits 'dropped'....

And now he's a 16 lb luverboy, who was neutered at about 2.5 or 3 months of
age.
http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/25...600x600Q85.jpg

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964