Crane, Gaubster, PhilP

Old September 6th 03, 11:10 PM
Liz

Mr. Smart (Phil) wrote:

"Because so-called "natural" antioxidants (tocopherols) are weaker,
less
stable, and have their own tendency to become oxidized. That's why."

The first adjective is incorrect. Eq is easier to oxidise than
tocopherols, that´s why it is used to preserve tocopherols and other
oils. The second adjective is also wrong. If eq is easier to oxidise,
it is therefore more unstable. The last comment is correct. That´s why
antioxidants are called antioxidants Phil. They are electron donors
but I´m sure you have no clue as to what this means.

"The "natural tocopherols" in many products labeled "preserved with
natural
tocopherols" have already been preserved with a synthetic antioxidant
by the
supplier before it gets to the manufacturer."

Absolutely not. Tocopherols are shipped in oxygen-free sealed
containers. Tocopherols are oils Phil. Liquid. You cannot ship them in
a paper bag.

"If you had any sense, you'd hope your vitamin E was preserved with
the more
stable and longer lasting EQ...."

If you knew what you were talking about, you´d know that tocopherols
are oils and are shipped in sealed plastic or glass containers.

Phil´s smart friend says:
Why do you think that Vitamin E is encapsulated? That's because it is NOT an
effective preservative.

That is exactly why it is encapsulated Mr. Smart II. It is
encapsulated to protect it from oxygen, that´s how effective it is.

As far at ethoxyquin goes, I don't believe that it
"builds up" in a cat's system. That is a theory designed to push an agenda,
that I don't believe is based in fact.

Well, my heart goes to your cats. If any of your cats ever has fatty
liver disease and/or mammary, skin, brain, or liver cancer, blame it
on yourself.
Old September 6th 03, 11:41 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Liz)

There you have it! A perfect example of "Liz Logic"! LOL!.

You think you are Mr. Smart, don´t you? And it seems you got yourself
a little friend who thinks he´s just as smart as you.

Seems Phil has a little butt buddy. Isn't that sweet? LOL!

AND I´ve read some of your old posts. You copy things straight from
books and make it seem like they are your own words.

I've noticed that too when I used to read Phil's posts. I plonked him when he
was using maxshouse.com or maxhouse.org, can't remember which, then he changed
it. Anyway, unfortunately I still see his posts when he's quoted in someone
else's post. He likes to think I actually want to read his insulting posts.

You do not understand 90% of the things you read Phil. That´s just why
you get so aggressive. You simply do not have any arguements
whatsoever. Once you are challenged to THINK, you go into defensive
mode.

You sure got that right, Liz. Phil loves to insult people, thinking that makes
him right. All it does is make him look like the immature jerk he is.

I wonder if you are going to evade answering these questions by going
away for a couple of weeks and coming back saying that you were on the
other side of the world like you did the first time I asked you what
bone buffering was.

ROFL!!!!!!
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old September 6th 03, 11:41 PM
PawsForThought

Old September 7th 03, 01:56 AM
GAUBSTER2

As far at ethoxyquin goes, I don't believe that it
"builds up" in a cat's system. That is a theory designed to push an

agenda,
that I don't believe is based in fact.

Well, my heart goes to your cats. If any of your cats ever has fatty
liver disease and/or mammary, skin, brain, or liver cancer, blame it
on yourself.

maybe I'll blame it on the moon. The same (flawed) logic applies. Since I
feed Hill's products, I've pretty much taken care of all of the risk
factors--so, no, I'm not worried about it.

Phil´s smart friend says:
Why do you think that Vitamin E is encapsulated? That's because it is NOT

an
effective preservative.

That is exactly why it is encapsulated Mr. Smart II. It is
encapsulated to protect it from oxygen, that´s how effective it is.

Perhaps you want to correct the original poster as I was doing. Instead, you
chide me. What's your problem? Are you a troll?

Old September 7th 03, 02:14 AM
Liz

Liz, if you're referring to me...I don't think I'm as knowledgable about feline
nutrition as Phil P. I do have a basic understanding of nutrition and know
what goes on in pet foods. However, I don't fall for the scare tactics of
people like Ann Martin either. I will also challenge somebody if I think they
are trying to "pull a fast one". Because I disagree w/ you on some things
doesn't mean that you or anybody else has to get personal.

Gaubster, Phil is not knowledgeable on feline nutrition, he just
copies the material he has at home. He has tons of books about cats
but he does not understand them. He copies those books into his posts
and once challenged, he goes into defensive mode because he simply
cannot explain the things he writes. If he were in fact knowledgeable
at all on feline nutrition, he´d be the first one to be strongly
advocating a raw diet. He was much more knowledgeable in the past but
Hill´s marketing somehow got to him. I haven´t read any of Ann
Martin´s posts yet as I just got back online and those threads are
long so I´ll read them when I have more time. But I can tell you that
whatever she says most likely holds true for those very cheap grocery
store brands. She´s not the only one saying it either. Check this if
you haven´t yet:

http://www.api4animals.org/doc.asp?ID=79

Furthermore, cats are carnivores. Their digestive system is adapted to
digest meat and animal fats. Whatever you feed them that is not meat
or fats will stress their system to a greater or lesser extent and
result in malnourishment. Malnourishment has innumerous facets, it´s
not just the vitamin or mineral deficiency we commonly hear about.
Medical books state that 70% of all diseases affecting people are
caused by malnourishment, and those include diseases caused by
viruses, bacteria, fungi, metabolic disorders, mental disorders,
cancers, etc. You can expect the same for cats but to a much greater
extent since this artificial diet is way off their natural diet.

I understand most people cannot afford to feed raw or do not have the
time to prepare a raw diet. But if they would at least give their cats
ONE raw meal a week or a daily raw snack, that would do wonders for
their pet´s health.