Huey got me back

Old July 15th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Huey got me back

Tanada wrote:
Not this time. I pick him up and he is totally limp. No eye movement,
no leg, tail, or paw movement. His chest doesn't move. MY GOD, HUEY'S
NOT BREATHING!!! I hell for Rob and start chest compressions. Rob
dashes into the room and laughs I'm so busy giving Huey's chest massages
that I don't see that his tail is moving in time to the compressions. I
stop, lay the little guy down on the gooshy pillow and he slowly opens
his eyes and then winks at me.

It was Huey's first b*st*rd cat trick and it was a doozy.

Pam S. still a little shook up

It sounds more like he's a very gentle and trusting kitty, unless you
try to give him a bath.

I wonder if when he was playing dead, he looked anything like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Old July 15th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
One night I woke up and felt something underneath me. I sat up and saw
Smudge lying on the bed, right under where I had been lying. Now I am not
the most lightweight person on the planet, and I'm certainly quite a bit
heavier than Smudge in any case. She looked *flat*, I mean, two-dimensional,
lying on her side kind of pressed down onto the mattress.

I panicked and started shaking her. Nothing. I called her name, shook her
harder. Still nothing. I was going to dash for the phone and call an
emergency vet, when she started to struggle to her feet, very slowly and
groggily, looking like she was slowly beaming back from another planet.
She didn't even have the wherewithal to give me that "Huh??" look.

I guess she was just in a very deep sleep. Could she have been a bit oxygen-
deprived, being underneath me, and that's why it took her so long to wake
up? If that's true, then if I hadn't woken up at that time, it might have
ended badly, I don't know. Fortunately, she never slept underneath me again,
so I never had to test that theory.

LOL! Smudge kitten was a grand master of this trick! How could that
possibly have been comfortable?

Although I slept with Betty every night, it would have been impossible
for me to roll on top of her, because she slept in my right arm.
Holding her pushed my elbow out like a kickstand, so that I couldn't
roll to that side.

Old July 15th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:
Tanada wrote:
Not this time. I pick him up and he is totally limp. No eye movement,
no leg, tail, or paw movement. His chest doesn't move. MY GOD, HUEY'S
NOT BREATHING!!! I hell for Rob and start chest compressions. Rob
dashes into the room and laughs I'm so busy giving Huey's chest massages
that I don't see that his tail is moving in time to the compressions. I
stop, lay the little guy down on the gooshy pillow and he slowly opens
his eyes and then winks at me.

It was Huey's first b*st*rd cat trick and it was a doozy.

Pam S. still a little shook up

It sounds more like he's a very gentle and trusting kitty, unless you
try to give him a bath.

I wonder if when he was playing dead, he looked anything like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Oh, that's so cute. Here's my favorite tummy pic of Cherokee. He laid
under the ceiling fan like this all the time. I used to drag him by his
back legs out of the way and he never woke up. He was my first tuxedo
cat.
http://members.aol.com/cherokee1.jpg

Sherry

Old July 15th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
Tanada wrote:
[...]

Oh darn. I messed up that link. Here's the correct one.
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokee1.jpg

Sherry

Old July 15th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

ooooooooooooooooooo....that's CRUEL!!!

....but funny!

Kristi

Old July 15th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Not this time. I pick him up and he is totally limp. No eye movement,
no leg, tail, or paw movement. His chest doesn't move. MY GOD, HUEY'S
NOT BREATHING!!! I hell for Rob and start chest compressions. Rob
dashes into the room and laughs I'm so busy giving Huey's chest massages
that I don't see that his tail is moving in time to the compressions. I
stop, lay the little guy down on the gooshy pillow and he slowly opens
his eyes and then winks at me.

It was Huey's first b*st*rd cat trick and it was a doozy.

Pam S. still a little shook up

It sounds more like he's a very gentle and trusting kitty, unless you
try to give him a bath.

I wonder if when he was playing dead, he looked anything like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Nope, he looked more limp than that. I'd forgotten about that picture
of Huey. That's how he often sleeps.

Pam S.
Old July 15th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

wrote:

Oh, that's so cute. Here's my favorite tummy pic of Cherokee. He laid
under the ceiling fan like this all the time. I used to drag him by his
back legs out of the way and he never woke up. He was my first tuxedo
cat.

http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokee1.jpg

Sherry

OMG, That is so funny. I'm glad that Huey hasn't gone there yet. I'd
disturb him to the point where he would hork a hairball on my head while
I was asleep.

Pam S.