Huey got me back

Old July 16th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Huey got me back

On 14 Jul 2006 21:17:19 -0700, wrote:

Takayuki wrote:
Tanada wrote:
Not this time. I pick him up and he is totally limp. No eye movement,
no leg, tail, or paw movement. His chest doesn't move. MY GOD, HUEY'S
NOT BREATHING!!! I hell for Rob and start chest compressions. Rob
dashes into the room and laughs I'm so busy giving Huey's chest massages
that I don't see that his tail is moving in time to the compressions. I
stop, lay the little guy down on the gooshy pillow and he slowly opens
his eyes and then winks at me.

It was Huey's first b*st*rd cat trick and it was a doozy.

Pam S. still a little shook up

It sounds more like he's a very gentle and trusting kitty, unless you
try to give him a bath.

I wonder if when he was playing dead, he looked anything like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Oh, that's so cute. Here's my favorite tummy pic of Cherokee. He laid
under the ceiling fan like this all the time. I used to drag him by his
back legs out of the way and he never woke up. He was my first tuxedo
cat.
http://members.aol.com/cherokee1.jpg

Friday evening, I snapped a picture with my cell-phone camera of a
little boy asleep with his legs in the air. I haven't posted it
anywhere since I didn't get his parents' permission to photograph him.

I ate supper Friday in a Chinese restaurant near my house. A little
Asian boy, about three years old, was asleep on two chairs next to an
electric fan. He was asleep on his belly, with both legs balanced in
a straight-up-from-the-knee position, and his thumb in his mouth. I
presume that he was the son of one of the restaurant workers.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 16th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

On 2006-07-15, Tanada wrote:

Nope, he looked more limp than that. I'd forgotten about that picture
of Huey. That's how he often sleeps.

Back when my Aunt Mary and Uncle Howard kept pigs, my aunt saw a
baby pig (they always could find even the smallest hole in the
fence) stretched out on the driveway. She found it completely
limp. Thinking someone had run over the pig with a car, she
picked up the little corpse to dispose of it. The pig woke up
with a squeal and scampered away. It had just been taking a
nap in the sun.
Old July 16th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Rusty gave me a similar scare when I first adopted him. One day I found
him laying in
his carrier not moving him. I thought he was dead and panicked. Turned
out he was just
napping and for some reasons I couldn't see any breathing. But then he
is the first cat
I keep on my own.

Winnie

Tanada wrote:
Mandy gave Huey a flea and tick bath yesterday that ended in an upset
cat and Mandy at the ER getting a cat bite taken care of. No stitches
or shots to her relief, but antibiotics and thick bandages on her left
thumb for a while.

I knew that Huey was going to get Mandy back, and was waiting to see
what he was going to do to her. Instead the two of them forgave each
other right away. I was perplexed and pleased at the same time.

At ten pm I was climbing into bed and needed to move Huey, who was
sleeping draped on my side of the bed and with his head on my favorite
gooshy pillow that I usually go to sleep hugging. Ok, we've done this
before, I gently move Huey, he gives me that "you're so lucky I'm such a
nice cat" look and settles down where I place him.

Old July 16th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Takayuki wrote:
Tanada wrote:
[...]

It sounds cute :-) it always makes me smile when I see toddlers asleep in
public, often in the most odd positions.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 16th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Tanada wrote:

snip
[...]

How scary!
Calming purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 17th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Nope, he looked more limp than that. I'd forgotten about that picture
of Huey. That's how he often sleeps.

I like the little orange scritch target on his belly.

Old July 17th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Tanada wrote:
wrote:

Oh, that's so cute. Here's my favorite tummy pic of Cherokee. He laid
under the ceiling fan like this all the time. I used to drag him by his
back legs out of the way and he never woke up. He was my first tuxedo
cat.

http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokee1.jpg

Sherry

OMG, That is so funny. I'm glad that Huey hasn't gone there yet. I'd
disturb him to the point where he would hork a hairball on my head while
I was asleep.

Pam S.

Cherokee is the one I talk about who loved to be vaccuumed. I could
take the hand attachment and run it over that big fuzzy belly and he'd
just stretch, then roll over so I could vacuum his back. I miss that
cat. He went RB in 2000.

Sherry

Old July 18th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Takayuki wrote:

Tanada wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tanada...5b.jpg&.src=ph

Nope, he looked more limp than that. I'd forgotten about that picture
of Huey. That's how he often sleeps.

I like the little orange scritch target on his belly.

So do I, but you have to scritch or love on it slowly. Huey takes
exception to vigorous tummy rubs.

Pam S.