You'd think I killed them....

Old August 16th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default You'd think I killed them....

kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

I didn't have a problem with fleas in Tennessee when I let Persia out in her
kitty walk. Now I'm wondering if I'm tramping them in with me here in SC?
Persia seems to be grooming herself more... but she's not scratching a lot.
I haven't noticed I've brought any fleas in (and when I had my dog I sure
knew it!). So maybe she's okay and just wants to look pretty Of course
she's pretty!

Jill

Old August 16th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Your cats are indoor kittiies. Why (aside from when Ms. Pua first
came aboard) do they need this flea treatment? Persia has never had
flea/tick treatment and she's perfectly fine.

Jill

We have so many strays around here and our neighbors have 4 outdoor cats
they don't treat. If I step outside, I get a flea on a sock - every time.
I'm sure we bring some in our clothes. I have to deflea them about every 6
months, so it's not too bad, but they sure hate it!

kili

Old August 16th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are they
*****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet food.
They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

BAD CAT MOMMA

Kili I know you are in Tampa grab your supplies now you know how the news
media are whipping people into a frenzy over this over done thunderstorm
coming

Old August 16th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Jofirey wrote:

Some places, fleas are so bad that you can bring the flea eggs in on
your clothes from other places.

If you ever handle or pet any cats or dogs other than your own, you
can bring them in. Mice or birds can carry them. They can be nearly
impossible to eradicate in some homes.

I forgot about that part. Every time I go to my friend's house (she never
spays or neuters and takes on every stray cat in the neighborhood, while
continuously adding to the brood), I get bites all over my ankles (she
thinks bathing the cats in dishsoap is a flea solution, HAH!). Fleas LOVE
me. I've found fleas on my clothes when I've come home from her house after
WALKING home. It's gotten to the point where I just won't go over to her
house anymore. It's not worth it.

But, here in Florida, it's hot, it's humid and the fleas run rampantly -
everywhere. It never gets cold enough to kill them off so they're a
year-round nuisance. That's one of the many reasons I keep my cats indoors.
Well, that and rabies. Pasco County has the highest rabies count in the
entire state of Florida. No thanks. My kitties will stay inside and I'll
deal with their shenanagans. :~)

kili

Old August 16th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Matthew wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are
they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet
food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

BAD CAT MOMMA

Kili I know you are in Tampa grab your supplies now you know how
the news media are whipping people into a frenzy over this over done
thunderstorm coming

I know and nothing is going to happen as usual. Sigh. Drama. Buy, buy,
buy!!!!!!!!!! Batteries, flashlights....

Whoopie.

We have catfood. We're good. :~)

kili

Old August 17th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it,
are they *****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish
of wet food. They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

Your cats are indoor kittiies. Why (aside from when Ms. Pua first
came aboard) do they need this flea treatment? Persia has never had
flea/tick treatment and she's perfectly fine.

Jill

We have so many strays around here and our neighbors have 4 outdoor
cats they don't treat. If I step outside, I get a flea on a sock -
every time. I'm sure we bring some in our clothes. I have to deflea
them about every 6 months, so it's not too bad, but they sure hate it!

kili

That makes sense. I'm glad the neighbor treats her cats for fleas The
last thing I need is to have to start doing that to Persia.

Jill

Old August 18th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are they
*****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet food.
They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

kili

LOL! They'll get over it, unless you did something like we did...

The last time we used the Advantage, DH was the one who dosed them - and he
just couldn't find a clue if it hit him over the head! He put it too low on
Archer's neck so Archer was able to twist around and lick it. I went into a
dead panic when I saw Archer rampaging around the house like his tail was on
fire and foaming at the mouth. DH was able to stay calm enough to go to the
Advantage site online and read that it wasn't going to kill him - they make
it very, very bitter so cats won't lick at it twice, but
Archer is not only not the sharpest tool in the shed, he's stubborn too.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
Jofirey wrote:

[...]

Ditto, ditto and ditto - fleas flourish here in Houston year-round. And I
feel bad when I have to use Advantage on them because I know *I'm* the one
who carried the fleas inside (or, more likely, DH who goes outside several
times a day to smoke and visit with the neighborhood cats).

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
Jofirey wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but what can you do? Just torture the heck out of our precious little
dears with Advantage and realize where we live - flea zone. LOL. Then
garnish them with love. That's what I do. :~)

kili

Old August 18th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

Ours comes in a spray bottle and we spray proper the amount onto a fleecy
glove, like the ones used to polish a car, and 'pet' them with it in the
right spot on the back of their neck. We get glares, but are quickly
forgiven .
It's really hard to catch them, however, but we have tricks we use.

Kyla
"Granby" I put the 3 doses in a zip loc bag and put that in warm water. I
do think
it is the temp they don't like.

We killed it Stormmee Cat community 16 May 20th 06 03:42 AM
Rhett killed the humidifier Cheryl Cat anecdotes 2 December 26th 05 04:06 PM
Imuran killed my cat! eric Cat health & behaviour 31 November 13th 03 01:56 PM
Did my cat just killed a bird? Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 52 October 20th 03 04:52 PM
Why the tiger almost killed Roy. kaeli Cat health & behaviour 130 October 11th 03 06:49 PM