You'd think I killed them....

Old August 19th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default You'd think I killed them....

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...
I had to give the masters Advantage this evening. Gosh darn it, are they
*****ed*!!!!!!! They don't even want their night dish of wet food.
They're in hiding.

You'd think I killed them. :-P

Revolution here as we can more easily afford it and, more importantly, it
also works on heartworm which is very prevalent around here.

I'd been putting off the monthly torture of the owners, but had to do it
anyway. So we go to TED and get the meds. Ouch. Lets just say that I
really hope nothing hits our bank account for a couple of weeks. We'd tried
an herbal flea and tick medication, but other than making everyone smell
like overly earth friendly hippies, it really didn't do much for the owners.

So, we get home from TEDs. Mandy has to find her math book as she took the
wrong one with her today. I start with Speedy, affectionately known as "The
Mup." I grab the bag of mup treats and sit at the table. The mup sits at
my feet eyeing the bag of mup treats. He'll do most things for a good treat
and these are his favorite "catch" treats. Putting Revolution on the back
of his neck was easy.

Encouraged, I spot Pine Cone You Freak sacked out on a chair in the living
room. I advance with Speedy on my heels, possibly in search of another
treat, but probably in order to laugh at another getting "The Treatment."
PC looks blearily at me then notices the mup. Speedy tries to lick his
nose, which distracts PC long enough for me to smear the goop on the back of
his neck and rub it in. I receive the cat look of hell from him. I know
that I will be paying for this. I walk into our room and spot 3 count them
3 potential victims. I get Tanada first. She squeaks and tries to make a
break for it, but she is too old to get too far. Then Merlin makes a break
for it, right into Rob's arms. Rob loves on Merlin while I smear the stuff
into place. Merlin goes to the trough for food therapy while Rob helps me
catch QC who is pretty agile for a sleepy Maine Coon. Then I spot him, my
arch nemesis, sacked out on a pile of blankets, laughing at the others
getting dosed. Huey, who loves to bite the hands that dose him notices Rob
and I closing in on him when it is too late for a quick getaway. Rob holds
the bitey end while I rub Revolution on his neck. Huey curses and spits,
but we persevere. Three doses left.

I hand one to Mandy so that she can take care of Miss Calico Girl then look
into Mike's bedroom, hoping to find both Sonya and Qui Gun Kit in there.
Only Sonya. I advance to where she was sleeping on Mike's bed, only to find
her almost out the door. She stops, turns around and heads back into the
room. Outside the door Speedy Whines. He knows he is not allowed into
Mike's room. The cats know it as well. They also know I cannot reach the
floor so Sonya dashes off to a small space between Mike's nightstand and the
door to his closet. I yell for Rob to help me. He comes in and we close
the door behind him. Speedy has left, hoping for another cat that will play
with him. The rest of the cats are hiding out either on the high ground of
the cat tree, or in my bedroom where the havoc has already happened.

Rob has to chase Sonya around before he finally catches her on the bed and
holds her long enough for me to plop a dose between her shoulder blades and
rub it in. She gives me a look that is pure bastino and promised revenge.
Qui Gun is out in the enclosure cowering in a corner, hoping that we'll
forget about him when he comes back in. I refuse to fight with him out
there, so we wait. Later, Qui Gun sneaks into the dining room where Mandy
is wrapping a birthday present for me and Rob is keeping her company. I am
not there, so he is safe from the butcher of peace. Rob comes into the room
and gets the final dose of Revolution. He casually walks into the dining
room. Too late, Qui Gun realizes that Rob really has gone over to the
enemy. Rob doses him and tosses the used packet into the trash can with all
the other used packets.

Next month we get to do this all over again. Dosing for pests around here
is a 12 month thing. Most years there is a brief period where the owners an
d-thing are safe, but not a sure thing and it is better to keep them dosed
and safe.

Pam S. AKA the butcher of peace

Old August 19th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:

Next month we get to do this all over again. Dosing for pests around here
is a 12 month thing. Most years there is a brief period where the owners an
d-thing are safe, but not a sure thing and it is better to keep them dosed
and safe.

Pam S. AKA the butcher of peace

LOL! I am so glad I only have to Frontline the cats once a year, when
we're on the island. My niece usually doses them while I hold them.

Old August 19th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Marina wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:

Next month we get to do this all over again. Dosing for pests
around here is a 12 month thing. Most years there is a brief period
where the owners an d-thing are safe, but not a sure thing and it is
better to keep them dosed and safe.

Pam S. AKA the butcher of peace

LOL! I am so glad I only have to Frontline the cats once a year, when
we're on the island. My niece usually doses them while I hold them.

It always takes two people, doesn't it?

kili

Old August 19th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

First, ROTFLMAO! Nobody tell a story like you, Pam, you really should think
about doing it professionally.

Second, my gawd - it must cost you a *FORTUNE* to keep your clowder
flea-free! Revolution is *NOT* cheap. I hope your vet gives you a
discount.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

With a clowder that size, you buy the dose for a Bernese Mountain dog
and everybody shares.

BTW, I've never used more than half the recommended dose on my guys
and I've never had a flea problem when they are being treated. Only
time ever we have trouble is when it first gets warm in the spring.
Then usually I get bit before I notice anything.

Jo

Old August 19th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

Both good ideas! Thanks Jo.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 20th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

First, ROTFLMAO! Nobody tell a story like you, Pam, you really should
think about doing it professionally.

Second, my gawd - it must cost you a *FORTUNE* to keep your clowder
flea-free! Revolution is *NOT* cheap. I hope your vet gives you a
discount.

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

TED charges whatever 1800petmed.com is listing. It helps.

Pam S.

Old August 20th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jofirey" wrote in message

With a clowder that size, you buy the dose for a Bernese Mountain dog and
everybody shares.

BTW, I've never used more than half the recommended dose on my guys and
I've never had a flea problem when they are being treated. Only time ever
we have trouble is when it first gets warm in the spring. Then usually I
get bit before I notice anything.

Jo

Thanks, but Rob has the shakes, my eye/hand coordination has never been all
that good, and Mandy is even worse. We won't discuss the math involved. We
don't get dry weather. Around here it is above 70 F from March to late
November. Most winters we get one day of snow, usually on Martin Luther
King's weekend. Fleas love it here. We dose or we itch.

Pam S. still the Butcher of Peace

We killed it Stormmee Cat community 16 May 20th 06 03:42 AM
Rhett killed the humidifier Cheryl Cat anecdotes 2 December 26th 05 04:06 PM
Imuran killed my cat! eric Cat health & behaviour 31 November 13th 03 01:56 PM
Did my cat just killed a bird? Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 52 October 20th 03 04:52 PM
Why the tiger almost killed Roy. kaeli Cat health & behaviour 130 October 11th 03 06:49 PM