I am SO excited I have to share!

Old August 19th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default I am SO excited I have to share!

wrote:
I'm sitting here in floods and floods of happy tears. I can't believe
I am sobbing my heart out over a small hissy, spitty feral.

RILEY IS EATING BABY FOOD OFF MY FINGERS!!! We had a very sudden
massive breakthrough today. I told him how safe he was, and that I
didn't care if he wanted to stay feral because he was in his forever
home regardless of what he decided to do, and it didn't matter because
he was a special boy and I'd give him all the time he needed to feel
safe.

Instead of hissing and spitting at me and then cowering in his bed and
wetting himself when I fed him, he moved towards his food and had the
courage to eat in front of me. This evening, despite a bit of a
tantrum, he agreed to take some baby food off my fingers. Later on in
the evening, he actually made to move towards me in
expectation of yummy baby food!! He's now giving only token hisses in
between licking the food from my fingers, because after all, he's a
"mean and tough kitty cat" and he needs to tell me that, but we're
making great strides.

I can't explain how overwhelmed and happy I am. I have also arranged
to sign his official adoption paperwork on Thursday, and I've told him
that too.

I had to share with people who understand, because if I were to
explain to others that I'm bawling my eyes out over a feral eating
baby food off my fingers, I think I'd be thought mad! (Not that I give
a stuff!)

Helen M

Oh, this is wonderful news! Watch, within a couple of months he's going to
be a lapcat!

kili

Old August 19th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

That's really wonderful news! I can't say I'm surprised but it still makes
me happy.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 19th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

I don't blame you! I'm getting misty just reading about it. This is just
wonderful. Purrs that he continues to learn to trust. Since he's pretty
much still a kitten, you have an advantage, and every right to be
optinistic.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 20th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris Havlicek

Fantastic!!! Glad to hear that you've had a breakthrough!

I guess if he keeps hissing, that's only asserting that all
this is on *his* terms, not yours...

I love happy results...

Not to the same degree perhaps, but I felt a similar happiness
when Oreo decided to brave coming under my hand to get
her food. Now, she's a noisy little purry beast who loves
lap time, even if she's still very wary of anyone else
besides me.

Concatulations on the adoption of yet another owner...

Purrs and best fishes -

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old August 20th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Wonderful news about the little boy, Helen.
Didn't take him long to realize he was in his
forever home. We are so happy for you.

Lily & her mama

wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old August 21st 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

So glad for both of you!
Charleen
And Aggie Marble (a former feral) who is whispering in Riley's ear, "You got
yourself a good thing going bud!"

Old August 24th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wrote:
[...]

I'm so very happy for both of you!
Best wishes,