I am ashamed and disgusted (AW)

Old August 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default I am ashamed and disgusted (AW)

To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows some
pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse (puppy/kitten mills,
for example), but still.... they are the enforcers of the laws that they
are breaking!!!!!!!!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 14th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows some
pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse (puppy/kitten mills,
for example), but still.... they are the enforcers of the laws that they
are breaking!!!!!!!!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

I can't watch that kind of stuff, but I know just how you feel. Dear Pam,
remember this !@#?!@# can't possibly reflect on you as a Hoosier, or a human
being.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 14th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows some
pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse (puppy/kitten mills,
for example), but still.... they are the enforcers of the laws that they
are breaking!!!!!!!!
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

I can't watch that kind of stuff, but I know just how you feel. Dear
Pam, remember this !@#?!@# can't possibly reflect on you as a Hoosier, or
a human being.

Arrgh, brainfart. Forgive me, Nancy. What I said still applies.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 14th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Magic Mood Jeep ©"
To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows some
pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse (puppy/kitten mills,
for example), but still.... they are the enforcers of the laws that they
are breaking!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I can't watch the video. But shame on these people!!!
I hope things improve there. Poor animals
Hug
Kyla

Old August 14th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
To be called a Hoosier!

I'm not going to the web site.

But attention to a situation can be good. The next town over from us
had a perfectly horrid animal shelter. Never got any money in the
budget, etc.

About the only way to get your dog or cat out if they got it was to
break in. Only risk of that was running into someone else who was
doing the same thing at the same time.

But the courts can come in handy when things get really bad, and the
voters can't always be counted on.

I'm not sure who sued who, but sue they did. And were awarded a
lovely new animal control facility with a reasonable guaranteed
budget.

Jo

Old August 15th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows some
pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse (puppy/kitten mills,
for example), but still.... they are the enforcers of the laws that they
are breaking!!!!!!!!
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

I can't watch that kind of stuff, but I know just how you feel. Dear
Pam, remember this !@#?!@# can't possibly reflect on you as a Hoosier, or
a human being.

Arrgh, brainfart. Forgive me, Nancy. What I said still applies.

I know.... I was just ribbin' ya, hence the

Old August 15th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Jofirey wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
To be called a Hoosier!

I'm not going to the web site.

But attention to a situation can be good. The next town over from us
had a perfectly horrid animal shelter. Never got any money in the
budget, etc.

About the only way to get your dog or cat out if they got it was to
break in. Only risk of that was running into someone else who was
doing the same thing at the same time.

But the courts can come in handy when things get really bad, and the
voters can't always be counted on.

I'm not sure who sued who, but sue they did. And were awarded a
lovely new animal control facility with a reasonable guaranteed
budget.

Jo

The bad thing is, one county (!!!!) to the west of us (25~ miles!) has
NO animal control at all, the local shelter is all volunteer and calls
themselves the the Owen County Humane Society - shuts down every two
years for lack of funds... (27 counties in Indiana have no Animal
Control or shelter at all). And they're located right next to a major
river, and have been flooded more than once...

And this year, during their county fair, the sheriff SHOOTS a 'stray'
dog (it appeared after the June floods) that had been 'adopted' by a
local neighborhood (they pooled their funds, got him up top date on
shots and neutered - why they continued to let it run loose, is beyond
me) because some whack job at the fair said he "bit" (didn't break the
skin) her while she was trying to get him away from some goats (he was
trying to herd them, the dog was of that type, I think they were calling
it a Cataloona?), but she was probably sticking her hands in where they
didn't need to be, and had no experience with a dog of this type....

http://www.monroehumane.org/news/article.php?id=268

Old August 15th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

Indiana has no lock on mismanagement, incompetence or animal cruelty.
Sadly, this could happen anywhere.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 15th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message

To be called a Hoosier!

Changes Ordered At Shelter Amid Allegations Of Abuse
Animal Rights Group Claim Conditions Unlivable At Indy Shelter

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17188060/detail.html

There is a link to a video, if you can stand to watch it, it shows
some pictures taken from the shelter. I have seen worse
(puppy/kitten mills, for example), but still.... they are the
enforcers of the laws that they are breaking!!!!!!!!

Dumb question: what is a Hoosier anyway?

So sad that an animla shelter can't even keep its own rules.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Another bad Meowmy, I'm so ashamed! Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 3 October 25th 05 01:07 PM
I am so disgusted! badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 August 11th 05 12:41 AM
Disgusted! CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 60 February 22nd 05 02:00 AM
Disgusted! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 26 February 19th 05 08:33 PM
I'm so ashamed but I gotta ask GraceCat Cat anecdotes 1 January 27th 04 11:13 PM