PIng Pam S

Old August 16th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default PIng Pam S

Hay Pam I know you are watching the weather please don't worry this is
what Mike is going to learn what hurricane party weather is

This level of hurricane that is probably coming is no more than a Florida
thunderstorm. I am sure Mike room mates will introduce him to a Florida
tradition which is "a Hurricane is coming grab the beer and the BBQ we don't
need no stinking supplies we got beer"

Welcome to him becoming a redneck evil Vincent price laugh

You know how to reach me if y ou need to I got to go to work

BUT HERE IS THE MAIN THING DON'T WORRY Until it is a compact level 3 or
higher unless you are on the beach than just grab the BBQ and enjoy the
rain

Old August 16th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Matthew wrote:
Hay Pam I know you are watching the weather please don't worry this
is what Mike is going to learn what hurricane party weather is

This level of hurricane that is probably coming is no more than a
Florida thunderstorm. I am sure Mike room mates will introduce him
to a Florida tradition which is "a Hurricane is coming grab the beer
and the BBQ we don't need no stinking supplies we got beer"

Welcome to him becoming a redneck evil Vincent price laugh

You know how to reach me if y ou need to I got to go to work

BUT HERE IS THE MAIN THING DON'T WORRY Until it is a compact level
3 or higher unless you are on the beach than just grab the BBQ and
enjoy the rain

Yep, it's just going to be a rainstorm. Nothing else. The "big story" is
just something to talk about on the NEWS. Whoooo!

kili

Old August 17th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
Hay Pam I know you are watching the weather please don't worry this is
what Mike is going to learn what hurricane party weather is

This level of hurricane that is probably coming is no more than a Florida
thunderstorm. I am sure Mike room mates will introduce him to a Florida
tradition which is "a Hurricane is coming grab the beer and the BBQ we
don't need no stinking supplies we got beer"

Welcome to him becoming a redneck evil Vincent price laugh

You know how to reach me if y ou need to I got to go to work

BUT HERE IS THE MAIN THING DON'T WORRY Until it is a compact level 3 or
higher unless you are on the beach than just grab the BBQ and enjoy the
rain

To be honest, I try NOT to look at the weather for Florida now that Mike is
down there. We get the same kind of panic reports here as well. You know
if it is serious if the locals (those who've lived here more than five to
ten years) actually go out and buy more than bread and milk.

Mike doesn't do beer (hates the stuff) but I bet he hit the ABC (liquor)
store and included whiskey in the essentials he told me he needed. The BBQ
goes without saying. I figure that he is the group clown (wild sense of
humor) of his apartment and has grilling experience as well. I won't panic
until I see in the news that it actually did major damage. Thanks for the
warning though. Mike is more likely to organize a party than to huddle
under the sheets.

Pam S.

Old August 17th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...

Yep, it's just going to be a rainstorm. Nothing else. The "big story" is
just something to talk about on the NEWS. Whoooo!

We get the panic weather reports up here too. We tend to consider it as
something to scare the newbies with and just add more allergy meds to our
shopping lists.

Pam S. allergic to mold spores

Old August 17th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"hopitus" wrote in message

Just remembered something. In my area of south FL - (much more subject
annoying 'canes than upper state in general) I used to stroll around
my cul-de-sac
block with my Akita (I remember doing this before Andrew swooshed his
outwinds
by us in Pompano Beach with 90mph winds, thus forcing me to get a new
roof by
pulling *cement* (yeah) tiles out of the existing roof) to chat with
the neighbors I
knew would be partying for the 'cane and casually reminding them -
usually male -
that BBQing inside a closed house will kill you dead by carbon
monoxide. There
were always small news reports following a 'cane of the demise of some
poor
uninformed souls who did this. We, as a holdover from childhood
observation of what
our parents did during 'canes, always had windows on leeward side of
house
open a bit (though these days we learned that is of no use to keep
one's roof
from sailing away, LOL) which would I guess keep partiers and guests
from
the fumes of carbon monoxide poisoning, but we just ate cold stuff and
wanted
to stay sober in case of disasters in the yard needing immediate
attention from
us, such as a neighbor's dog seen wandering outside to be rescued
(yeah, we
brought him inside with the cats and Akita, but he was isolated to the
shuttered
big back porch for the duration, LOL - neither the Akita nor the cats
liked him).
You can go outside during a non-cat 5 (Andrew) 'cane, the wind always
"gusts"
so you can keep your footing - its not like those disaster "it-could-
happen-
tomorrow" things they show on weather channel, LOL - but what can hurt
or
do you in outside is flying big stuff to hit your head, etc.
Morale: NO inside BBQing with closed windows in house. Note: we always
used
charcoal, not gas. I dunno re gas BBQ, no experience.

Most gas stoves now have a grill feature, I understand. I'll call and
remind him not to grill of any kind indoors. Mike probably has nixed any
indoor grilling anyway as he is a sensible type (most of the time) at least
safety wise. But I bet the poker game is in full gear and, knowing Mike,
he's already put out a search for D&D 3.5 fans.

Pam S.

Old August 17th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:25:29 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:

"hopitus" wrote in message

[...]

I now own a "George Foreman" brand electric counter-top grill, and have
had fairly good results with it. The flavor of the meat isn't quite the
same as you would get on a gas or charcoal grill, but it is close. It
also doesn't produce much in the way of fumes, except a little steam. I
set it on top of my stove and turn on the vent hood over the stove, so
any small amount of moisture or fat droplet that escapes is captured.
The fat drains off into a catch-basin that came with the grill.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu
Old August 17th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:02:56 -0700, hopitus wrote:

On Aug 16, 9:47 pm, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:25:29 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message news:cb3f3eff-

Just remembered something. In my area of south FL - (much more
subject to
[...]

fromhttp://pgp.mit.edu "Reserve your right to think, for even to think
wrongly is better than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

John, it is the charcoal fumes that make carbon mono. Electric grills
don't. The frontman of one of my fave 80's rock bands, Boston, named
Brad Delp, committed suicide this year by sitting in his tub in his
sealed-up bathroom with two small charcoal grills going. Carbon mono
poisoning gives you at worst, bad headache as you leave this earth, and
turns you bright cherry red as your cells grab for O2 with their dying
effort. Carbon mono has no odor of its own, but is a pollutant in auto
exhaust fumes.

I know that electric grills don't produce carbon monoxide fumes.
However, any type of cooking produces moisture and (depending upon the
food) some fat droplets as well. Look at the wall above any cook stove
that has been used for years. That is why range hoods are now common in
American kitchens. As I was saying, I use my electric grill under the
vent hood, with the vent hood turned on, so that I won't have a greasy
buildup on the wall (and the electric grill doesn't produce as much
greasy steam, anyway, as you would get from cooking techniques such as
frying).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Ping Joy Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 0 March 25th 08 11:24 PM
PING: -L jmcquown Cat anecdotes 87 December 8th 06 12:26 AM
PING: Dan M Pat Cat anecdotes 3 October 2nd 06 04:38 PM
Ping Dan ... Mary Cat anecdotes 0 July 5th 05 05:55 AM
Ping Dan M Bridget Cat anecdotes 2 November 4th 04 08:44 AM