OT - Homeowners: 1, Burglars: -1.5

Old September 5th 08, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default OT - Homeowners: 1, Burglars: -1.5

Texas Woman Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun

BLUE MOUND, Texas — When two gunmen smashed through the glass front
door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at
her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one
intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

read more at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,417122,00.html

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old September 5th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 5, 5:57*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Texas Woman Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun

BLUE MOUND, Texas — *When two gunmen smashed through the glass front
door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at
her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one
intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

read more athttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,417122,00.html
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
email me at nalee1964 (at) comcast (dot) nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

Wow. It's so lucky for that family that they're all okay. I think in a
situation like that, none of
us can really guess what we'd do; that's the moment when gut instinct
kicks in and you do whatever
is inside you to survive and protect your family. The mom reacted like
any mama bear would; she put
her life on the line to protect her cubs.
This could have had a horrible ending. The thugs could have very well
been planning to kill the whole family.
Sherry
Old September 5th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Problem is, with todays laws, somehow the guys will end up suing the family
A man broke into my aunts house, fell over a foot stool, broke his leg and
SHE had to pay the medical bills. Go figure.

Old September 5th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Sherry wrote:
[...]

What gets me is that if it would have been anywhere other than a southern
state, the husband would have been charged with murder because he killed the
youth OUTSIDE the home. It's legal to shoot someone on your property, here
in Florida, obviously it is in Texas, but I know in California, it's not. I
find that ridiculous.

If someone is breaking into your home, why are you not allowed to defend
yourself? Maybe the invaders just want quick cash, maybe they have murder
in mind - I don't care. If they're in your house, uninvited, they're not
people worthy of a normal life, in my opinion. Normal, socially balanced
people don't do those kinds of things.

Okay, rant is over. :~)

kili

Old September 5th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

kilikini wrote:
What gets me is that if it would have been anywhere other than a southern
state, the husband would have been charged with murder because he killed the
youth OUTSIDE the home. It's legal to shoot someone on your property, here

If the burglar is running away I don't see how killing him/her is
defending yourself.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 5th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 5, 10:43*am, Victor Martinez wrote:
kilikini wrote:
What gets me is that if it would have been anywhere other than a southern
state, the husband would have been charged with murder because he killed the
youth OUTSIDE the home. *It's legal to shoot someone on your property, here

If the burglar is running away I don't see how killing him/her is
defending yourself.

Did anyone say the burglar was running away? If he WAS running away, I
agree with you. I have held two people (at different times) at
gunpoint while waiting for the police to come arrest them. In neither
case would I have shot if the guy ran away. I just didn't _tell_ them
that :-,)

--
Will in New Haven
Old September 5th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Sep 5, 11:16*am, Will in New Haven
wrote:
Did anyone say the burglar was running away? If he WAS running away, I

In the version of the article I read online it said that the homeowner
chased them outside and shot them there.

agree with you. I have held two people (at different times) at
gunpoint while waiting for the police to come arrest them. In neither
case would I have shot if the guy ran away. I just didn't _tell_ them
that :-,)

Oh, absolutely!

Cheers.

Victor

Old September 5th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
Did anyone say the burglar was running away? If he WAS running away, I

In the version of the article I read online it said that the homeowner
chased them outside and shot them there.

"By then the tussle had spilled out into the front yard." That doesn't
sound quite the same as what you said.

"Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said.
Wounded, that man ran away." That doesn't look as if he was running
away _before_ he was shot. "

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn."
Hoehn shot him once and he "lunged again" and Hoehn shot him a second
time.

Sounds like righteous shootings to me.

agree with you. I have held two people (at different times) at
gunpoint while waiting for the police to come arrest them. In neither
case would I have shot if the guy ran away. I just didn't _tell_ them
that :-,)

Oh, absolutely!

In my house or in the yard or on a public street, if someone points a
pistol at me or menaces a member of my household with it, I am going
to shoot him if I can. If someone charges me barehanded while I am
holding a shotgun, I guess it is evolution in action.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 5th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Will in New Haven wrote:
Sounds like righteous shootings to me.

I stand corrected.

In my house or in the yard or on a public street, if someone points a
pistol at me or menaces a member of my household with it, I am going
to shoot him if I can. If someone charges me barehanded while I am
holding a shotgun, I guess it is evolution in action.

Agreed. Then again, I would have to get a gun first.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 5th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 5, 3:28*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

Sounds like righteous shootings to me.

I stand corrected.

In my house or in the yard or on a public street, if someone points a
pistol at me or menaces a member of my household with it, I am going
to shoot him if I can. If someone charges me barehanded while I am
holding a shotgun, I guess it is evolution in action.

Agreed. Then again, I would have to get a gun first.

Note that they avoided the trouble and expense by taking one from
their assailant. Not a course I would recommend but whatever works.

--
Will in New Haven

--
Victor M. Martinez