Disturbing News

Old April 22nd 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

If her family member WANT the cats, maybe we can do a collection to send
them there? We've done it before.... We can do it again (remember that
ol' WWII mantra?)

If he wants to keep Tyrone, as an INDOOR cat, he can do so with the
stipulation that they get regular veterinary visits, plus any medical
treatment, he can, but he should be put on notice that Kili's friends
are WATCHING HIM - and some are not so far away... insert evil grin
All three can be spirited away to someone who will care for them, and a
stick shoved up his butt if he doth protest too much

Nobody in her family wants the cats.

Now catch this part - I'm a 42 year old, fully grown man. I can and will
do whatever I want. I am not abusing the cats.

TFM®

I apologize, Alan. I just tend to overreact when it comes to outdoor
cats. Yours isn't exactly a great neighborhood where people are known for
their charitable acts towards cats, as your own wife told me. But you're
right, it's not my business. I do hope they at least got their shots from
that vet fund. Being outdoor cats might be fun for them but it's not
great, health-wise.

Jill

I think many of us do overreact, Jill, but it's out of caring. I know I was
thinking of my own cats in this situation if it comes up while I have them
all and have to leave them to someone else, and Julie did make a good point
that I won't know or have a say after I'm gone. Sorry for the run-on
sentence. I just like to think that someone's dying wishes are honored only
because I'd want mine to be. Allan, I apologize too.

Old April 22nd 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default A few questions about Christy

wrote in message

Yeah, you did. You don't post much about yourself online here and
neither
do I. Thinking out of the box, as they say, there are many others in
this ng
who are very different from me, that way. I live mostly in the RL
dimension
and not in cyberspace...that's why I have trouble thinking of names on
a PC
as real live people....unless I communicate wth them using any of the
five
senses (forget smell and touch, LOL). I am not criticizing those who
are far
more into cyberlife and cyberfriends than I am..I am just not one of
them.
However...you don't have to be one to share the cat fanatic gene. To
quote
Merle H...."when you're runnin' down my kitties, hoss you're walkin'
on the
fightin' side of me" but you're a calm, logical thinker........

========================

Yeesh, I can't even quote your post correctly, but you seem to be looking
down your nose at a lot of people with that malformed paragraph. Just
curious, do you think that someone who posts more than you do lives in the
cyberworld, whatever that is? No matter what you wrote here, you put down a
lot of people in at least 2, possibly 3 categories. Congrats. Death sucks.
It brings out the worst in people left behind.

Old April 22nd 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_6_]

Default Disturbing News

She didn't know she had it until they did her blood work at Mayo.
They found her liver enzymes were astronomically high. Then they
discovered she had hemochromatosis. She told me that they then
called her and told her that she had brought it on herself by
drinking. I don't know if that's the case or not.

Some doctors really need a course in sensitivity. I think they forget they
are talking to a human being.

Bobble
Old April 22nd 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"TFM®" wrote in message
[...]

I am just looking at you and shaking my head. Sweet Jesus on toast.

Old April 22nd 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
.. .
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

I'm now butting in to say I have been rather shocked at all the
accusations that have been thrown around the group about her husband.

Our political threads have been pretty tame compared to this one. Maybe
we
should ban talking about cats in this newsgroup, too!

This is one time I am glad I had to work all weekend and was not here to
jump the gun

The cats are still in danger, Matthew. They look think too. They have to be
covered in fleas, they live in the sand down there. I am no stranger to
death or grief. This is inexcusable. It's obviously up to those who
allegedly loved Christy to take care of it. They're just cats, anyway,
right?

Old April 22nd 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message

I was not referring to what the fund/credit *IS*. I was referring to
what *he* might *attempt*. He might possibly be quite intimidating to
front-desk vet lower level employees. Or maybe he looks like Jesus
(not Madonna's ex, Jesus). You never thought he's do what he did
so far, did you?

**********************

Alan? That doesn't jibe with the man that I met last June. Alan adored
Christy and made friends with the cats at the gathering. He was very
solicitous of Christy's strength and caring about her problems. I just
can't see him as doing any thing to harm the cats. The video shows the cats
outside, but it doesn't indicate that this is the only place they are. I
got the impression that they were now indoor/outdoor cats. This is not a
crime against nature, and, if it works for them, great. You could call mine
indoor/outdoor as they have full access to the kitty gaol. I cannot let
them have the full out due to city regulations and sanity due to traffic,
dogs, and other critters.

Pam S.

Old April 22nd 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

I live mostly in the RL dimension and not in cyberspace...that's why
I have trouble thinking of names on a PC as real live people...

That's a problem a *lot* of people have online. It's easy to forget
that there's a real live human on the other end of your communication,
and just think of them as "a bunch of words on a screen". In fact, I
have sometimes heard people refer to online communications in exactly
that way: "Why are you getting so upset about the stuff you read on
that email thingie? It's just a bunch of words on a screen."

But it's not. A real person wrote those words. Just because we're using
a technology that's younger than we are to convey our messages, doesn't
mean it's not real. I'm mentioning the relative age because I think
that's what it's about for a lot of people. If they didn't grow up with
a certain way of communicating, there's something about it that always
seems artificial to them. They don't realize that the very things they
consider to be "real" forms of communication, eg, the telephone, were also
once new technologies, which caused the same amount of suspicion and
bemusement that online communication does now.

Did Merle Haggard really have a song about people running his cats over?
Or was that a paraphrase?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 22nd 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

She didn't know she had it until they did her blood work at Mayo.
They found her liver enzymes were astronomically high. Then they
discovered she had hemochromatosis. She told me that they then
called her and told her that she had brought it on herself by
drinking. I don't know if that's the case or not.

It's an inexcusably vicious and misleading way to describe the
situation. Haemochromatosis is a genetic syndrome which is
worsened by alcohol, but at a level that would not be a problem
for most people. Since most folks with haemochromatosis don't
know they've got it, it's ridiculous to blame them if they drink.

I totally agree. For that matter, I think it's pretty horrible to talk
that way to a bona-fide alcoholic who doesn't have hemocromatosis. I
expect a *doctor* of all people to understand that alcoholism is a
disease, not a moral defect. The patient really doesn't need that kind
of condescending lecture, especially when they've just gotten the news
that they're dying, for God's sake!

I'm not saying that Christy was an alcoholic, just that the issue of
blame doesn't have any place in a medical setting. That doctor makes
Greg House seem like a diplomat.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 22nd 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

TFM? wrote:

Like I said, if she had known of her liver disorder in time, she could have
done something about it. As it went, she was in tears telling me that
everything she'd been eating for the last 20 years that she thought was so
good for her was killing her.

That is heartbreaking. I can hardly bring myself to watch the video...

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 22nd 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message
Having watched the two youtube videos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFURD5dp_QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCHIZQmiOY

all *I* see is two cats who seem to be enjoying the outside, and male
voice that seems to hold them in some affection.

Since when was it a crime to let cats outside? When was calling a cat
'Retard' considered abuse?

I know that two youtube videos is hardly the 'whole story' but there is
nothing in those videos to suggest that the owner of those cats is in any
way abusing or neglecting them. They look like healthy happy cats that
have a good relationship with the person behind the camera to me.

If folks have any concrete evidence that Alan is abusing and/or neglecting
the cats, then it needs to be reported to the authorities, not posted
about here. Despite personal opinions of him and his character, posting to
a public newsgroup implying he is an animal abuser is innapropriate at
best and libellious at worst.

Yowie

Thank you. I know I should have snipped this, but it bears repeating.
There is NO PROOF that Alan is harming those cats in any way. I met Alan
last year, when he knew that there was a limited time left for Christy, and
that person would NEVER harm her beloved friends. Please either find proof
and contact the authorities or stop maligning a person's reputation. In
other words, either put up or shut up.

Pam S.