Claw Clipping

Old January 11th 04, 05:52 AM
Cheryl

Jon C wrote in on 10 Jan
2004:

http://tinyurl.com/ytcjb

Thanks Jon. You and Lyn posted a link to the same tool and I think I'll
try that. I've been using this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2ee55

I doubt I'll ever get Shadow used to getting his claws clipped at home;
even the techs at the vets office have a hard time with him and his claws.
He has literally no voice when he meows but I can hear him hollaring when
they take him to the clipping room when they do it. He HATES it. I hope to
be able to do Bonnie's some day... soon.

--
Cheryl

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.
Come here Squishy. Ow. Bad Squishy.
- Dori
Old January 11th 04, 12:52 PM
---MIKE---

Amber is 9 and Tiger is 4 1/2. They use the scratching post and
frequently shed the outer husks (I save them in a jar). What do cats in
the wild do - no one clips their claws?

-MIKE

Old January 11th 04, 06:28 PM

Dennis Carr wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:51:01 -0500, .oO rach Oo. wrote:

I was just wondering what your opinion is on the best tool to clip a cat's
claws. Would you use a nail clipper specifically for cats or one for humans?

One for humans. About a buck or so at your local drug store. Just be
careful about hitting the quick (IE, don't), and have some styptic in case
you do.

I have to disagree. I find my cats find the human one a lot more
uncomfortable. If you think about it, the one for humans is designed to
cut a more flat nail rather than a cylindrical nail. I just find my cats
struggle a lot less and freak out when I'm cutting the claw a lot less if
I use one designed for pets.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old January 11th 04, 06:28 PM

Dennis Carr wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:51:01 -0500, .oO rach Oo. wrote:

I was just wondering what your opinion is on the best tool to clip a cat's
claws. Would you use a nail clipper specifically for cats or one for humans?

One for humans. About a buck or so at your local drug store. Just be
careful about hitting the quick (IE, don't), and have some styptic in case
you do.

I have to disagree. I find my cats find the human one a lot more
uncomfortable. If you think about it, the one for humans is designed to
cut a more flat nail rather than a cylindrical nail. I just find my cats
struggle a lot less and freak out when I'm cutting the claw a lot less if
I use one designed for pets.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.