Update on Persia

Old December 19th 12, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Update on Persia

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:57:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
She's still a little pill if I go near the refrigerator. I've never
really given her "people food" but she knows the refrigerator is where
the milk is. Sometimes it's distracting when she meows and me and I'm
trying to cook. You can't tell a cat it's not all about *her*; they
don't listen. LOL

I get the impression that she's quite bright.
Old December 19th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Bastette wrote:
Nadia N. wrote:

That is great to hear. Kotyo is sending extra strong purrs to Persia to
eat her k/d and be strong and healthy for many more years. He knows what
it's like to go through one health problem after another, too. Just this
year he had a mast cell tumor removed from his skin, got a ruptured
trachea, and then 3 months later got a massive infection in his mouth
and had to have 2 teeth extracted.

Poor little monster! He's been through a lot, hasn't he? And so have you!

He is amazing. It's been 6 months since we almost lost him, and it's
like it never happened. He still gets the zoomies and chases poor Sweety
around the apartment. He eats like there's a bottomless pit in his
stomach. You'd never know he is 11 and half - he acts like a kitten still.

But today he is happily devouring his wet k/d and asking for seconds.

sigh of relief

It is so good to see them inhaling their food and begging for more,
isn't it? Especially when they've had health problems in the past. The
bad times make you appreciate the little things so much more. I get so
happy just watching Kotyo eat. And he, being the good little monster
that he is, would like to make me happy *all the time*. He doesn't cry
for food like Persia, though. He just sits there and stares at me. I
think he's trying to hypnotize me into giving him more food.

Roxy does this - just sits quietly and stares at me - but she also
tilts her head fetchingly and gazes at me with adoration. Apparently
she has been taught that that behavior will get her some treats. I
don't know who taught her that!

Hehe. Kotyo doesn't gaze at anyone adoringly. He gazes accusingly - "Why
are you not feeding me? Can't you see how I am suffering?" This works
much better on my mom than adoration would :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

I think I've finally gotten to the point where, when I see the name
"Kotyo," I don't hear "Kyoto" in my head. Oops - wrong part of the
world. So now I hear "Kot-cho" in my head. Is that how you pronounce
it? Or...?

It is pronounced Kot-yo. Yo as in yo-yo :-) The "yo" ending is a
diminutive ending for masculine words in Bulgarian. Basically his name
translates to Boy Kitty in English. Officially his name at the vet is
Ashley. Named after the character in Gone With the Wind. But well, it
just never caught on at home. We kept talking to him in Bulgarian and
calling him "baby boy kitty", and that is what he answers to now.

Neither one of my cats actually knows their official name. Sweety only
answers to Mishi or Misha, which means "little mousie" in Bulgarian. I
guess we are just very bad at guessing a kitty's real name when we first
get them :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old December 19th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Neither one of my cats actually knows their official name.
Sweety only answers to Mishi or Misha, which means "little
mousie" in Bulgarian. I guess we are just very bad at guessing
a kitty's real name when we first get them :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

Of course, we all know that any cat has three names:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8453755-Th...-by-T_S__Eliot

You're not alone in being unable to guess the real name of your
cats :-)

--
MatSav

Old December 19th 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

MatSav wrote:
"Nadia N." wrote in message
Neither one of my cats actually knows their official name.
Sweety only answers to Mishi or Misha, which means "little
mousie" in Bulgarian. I guess we are just very bad at guessing
a kitty's real name when we first get them :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

Of course, we all know that any cat has three names:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8453755-Th...-by-T_S__Eliot

You're not alone in being unable to guess the real name of your
cats :-)

I love that poem. So true, and so well said.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old December 20th 12, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

MatSav wrote:

Of course, we all know that any cat has three names:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8453755-Th...-by-T_S__Eliot

You're not alone in being unable to guess the real name of your
cats :-)

Indeed not! She Who Shall Not Be Named (who first refused to tell
us, then told us a bogus "Miss Calliope Calico Kitty") is now
mostly just referred to as....Cat. Not sure what we will do when
we need to take her to the vet. :-)

I hope, one day, she'll decide to quit being so, um, stubborn,
and give us some clue. For now....Cat it is...

Deborah
so a slave

Old December 21st 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 12/18/2012 9:57 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Persia is doing very well. She's eating her prescription kibble and
gets a little bit of canned Friskies every day as a treat. I've got an
appointment for her to be checked again in January. She's eating,
drinking, pooping and peeing normally. She seems happy. We play a lot.
She snuggles next to me when I'm on the couch reading a book. When
she's not snoozing next to me, she plays that reach-out-and-tap- my-nose
game

She's still a little pill if I go near the refrigerator. I've never
really given her "people food" but she knows the refrigerator is where
the milk is. Sometimes it's distracting when she meows and me and I'm
trying to cook. You can't tell a cat it's not all about *her*; they
don't listen. LOL

She's eating her k/d kibble like the little champ she is. She ate c/d
and w/d before that. This sweet kitty has been through bladder
infections, surgery to remove a (thankfully benign) bladder tumor. She
had a severe allergic reaction to the pills and ear gel for
hyperthyroidism. She underwent radioactive isotope therapy. She's been
boarded for long periods of time. (That was not my choice, but what do
you say when your mother says "What's more important, your cat or your
mother?" Oh gawd, not the guilt trip! That's a whole 'nuther story.)

At any rate, she's still active and happy. I love her so much.

Jill

Weeble must have been at my computer yesterday while I wasn't home -
seems that he was in a *VERY* good mood!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old December 21st 12, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Phoenix" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

Of course, we all know that any cat has three names:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8453755-Th...-by-T_S__Eliot

You're not alone in being unable to guess the real name of
your
cats :-)

Indeed not! She Who Shall Not Be Named (who first refused to
tell us, then told us a bogus "Miss Calliope Calico Kitty") is
now mostly just referred to as....Cat. Not sure what we will do
when we need to take her to the vet. :-)

I hope, one day, she'll decide to quit being so, um, stubborn,
and give us some clue. For now....Cat it is...

I was slave to a cat, named just...

Mrs Cat! (RB)

--
MatSav

Persia Update jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 7 August 4th 12 03:10 PM
Persia Update 4/14/10 jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 April 15th 10 01:17 AM
Persia Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 June 27th 04 09:33 PM
Update on Persia :) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 34 April 14th 04 10:20 PM