Pooing in the bath

Old January 25th 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Pooing in the bath

On 1/24/2013 11:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/24/2013 8:14 AM, MaryL wrote:

Somewhat OT: Years ago, I had a cat that had never seen snow. I live
in Texas, and I took him with me to visit my parents in Ohio. It snowed
overnight, so I opened the door and set him outside so he could check
out the snow. Ooops! The snow had drifted against the house, and I
wasn't paying any attention--so he dropped out of sight. I reached down
quickly to rescue him, but he had already turned around and scrambled
back inside the house. The was the last of the snow for him except for
looking at it through the window.

MaryL

Ooops is right! It didn't snow much or often in Memphis, TN. But when
it did it did! One time there was at least ten inches of snow on the
ground. That was when I had a little dog named Sampson. (That was the
biggest thing about him, his name.) I had to shovel a path through the
snow from the back door out into the yard so he could go out and do his
business. Was he happy about it? Nope. I wasn't happy to be out
shoveling snow, either. LOL

Jill

About 30 or so years ago, I had an aunt & uncle that lived in Killeen
Texas (near the infamous Ft Hood). That particular year they had a
rather large amount of snow (about 12 or so inches). Aunt Ilse & Uncle
Spike had a dachshund named Samson... who had *never* experienced snow
(or else didn't remember ever experiencing it grin), and absolutely
refused to go out & "do his business" (Aunt Ilse's words), so she (not
one to deal with such nonsense from a dog) tossed him (gently) out into
the yard.

They could see nothing but the hole he made in the snow when he landed.

After about a minute, his skinny little doxie tail popped up, and that
was all they could see of him!

For about 15 minutes they tracked his movements around the back yard by
following that periscope of a tail.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old January 25th 13, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Friday, January 25, 2013 4:58:29 PM UTC, Jack Campin wrote:
We had that happen when we were in the middle of Edinburgh.

The first 2-3 years we lived in our current place our landlord failed to lag the pipes coming into the building (always been the same- about 4 months back they painted the hallway and we've been trying for 2 months to get them to sort out that the painter did the window in the hallway ignoring it was open at the time so it's now stuck open and causes a massive cold breeze to blow into our hallway and I'm worried if one of the cats got into the hallway if something spooked them they'd have a window wide enough to jump through)we always had a few days (once we had no water whatsoever for almost a fortnight) as the pipes coming into the bulding were frozen solid. We couldn't even flush the loo! Thankfully at the time we had some 40 pint containers left over from our attempt at home brewing and the garage over the road let us fill them up for free but it certainly was no fun trying to carry them back over the road and uo the stairs without spilling much and no fun not being able to wash etc

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 25th 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

About 30 or so years ago, I had an aunt & uncle that lived in Killeen
Texas (near the infamous Ft Hood). That particular year they had a
rather large amount of snow (about 12 or so inches). Aunt Ilse & Uncle
Spike had a dachshund named Samson... who had *never* experienced snow
(or else didn't remember ever experiencing it grin), and absolutely
refused to go out & "do his business" (Aunt Ilse's words), so she (not
one to deal with such nonsense from a dog) tossed him (gently) out into
the yard.

They could see nothing but the hole he made in the snow when he landed.

After about a minute, his skinny little doxie tail popped up, and that
was all they could see of him!

For about 15 minutes they tracked his movements around the back yard by
following that periscope of a tail.

How is it that dogs and cats can fall deep into a snowdrift and be OK,
but if the same thing happened to a human, and the human wasn't rescued
in time, they would suffocate?

--
Joyce

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old January 25th 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 25/01/2013 8:11 PM, Bastette wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

If the snow is light and fluffy, the human probably wouldn't suffocate.
Cases I've heard of that caused suffocation - children in snow caves,
skiers in avalanches - there is a lot more snow that is packed a lot
harder than you'd have in deep but light and fluffy just-fallen snow.
It's also easier to make an opening in piles of fluffy snow.

--
Cheryl
Old January 26th 13, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~
Yes. I think that's the answer. Humans who suffocate in snow have been
entrapped by packed snow. If a dog is able to dig himself out, a human
would do the same thing.

MaryL

Old June 12th 13, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Boyfie has done this three times in his life. First time was when he
could
not get out, second time was Christmas Day when he well annoyed with me,
third time huge snow.
It's easy to clean up but why does he not use the litter box in the
bathroom
near the bath?
It's a nice lb,with earth and leaves in in a quiet place but somehow he
will
not use it.
If he is desperate he uses the bath. I never tell him off about it but I
wonder why he can't use the litter box a few feet away.

The litter box is there for bad weather, continuous rain or snow if he
cannot go out. He just refuses to use it.
He would rather go out into a blizzard.
(but not into 5 inches of snow)

Tweed

~~~~~~~~~
I had the same thought as MLB--that is, I suggest that you get a package
of unscented clumping litter and try that. Boyfie apparently rejects the
box you have even though you have basically emulated the "outdoors." As
you know, our cats have their own minds and it seems that Boyfie has made
up his mind that he does not want the box of earth and leaves that you
have provided. I have never had a cat that rejected kitty litter. If he
does not head for it on his own, place him in it to "introduce" him, and
gently work one of his paws into the litter. That should be all he needs.

MaryL

I have tried unscented clumping litter, sawdust pellet litter, crystal
litter and earth and leaves was the last resort. The boy says No Way.
shrug
It's not the end of the world if he is taken short and uses the bath - it's
easily cleaned.

I think it's not uncommon for cats to use the bath. I saw one of those Tv
programmes "extreme cleaners" type of thing once when an elderly lady had
two cats and they had filled the whole bath completely with faeces.
What was nice was that men doing the cleaning out of it were so kind to her,
there was no judgment.

Tweed

Midnight Snacks & Pooing Kyoko 8 Cat health & behaviour 6 September 11th 13 03:05 AM
MH and a bath Stormmee Cat anecdotes 0 February 16th 10 11:22 PM
Another bath! W. Leong Cat community 1 April 12th 06 11:26 PM
My Bath Gizela Cat anecdotes 2 December 18th 03 07:17 AM
Naughty Kitten pooing on the spare bed Peter Cat health & behaviour 20 November 2nd 03 09:22 AM