Best BCT I've seen

Old February 22nd 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Best BCT I've seen

The best (worst?) BCT I've experienced was years ago when Spot was a
local stray.

Spot was a pretty orange cat, about the same age as Little Feet. He
sometimes came inside. I usually put him back outside in the mornings.

One morning, Spot headed out the door. I grabbed him, put him back
inside, and grabbed Little Feet to put him outside.

Well, Spot was pretty much prancing around with a "Yay! I'm the housecat
now!" manner about him. This was strange for Little Feet, so it dawned
on me that I might have put the wrong cat outside.

I opened the door, and there was Little Feet on the edge of our
sidewalk, looking very confused. When he meowed at me for an answer, I
realized I had confused the two boys. I immediately picked up Little
Feet and cuddled him with lots of apologies. Spot went outside reluctantly.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old February 22nd 13, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mark Edwards wrote:

The best (worst?) BCT I've experienced was years ago when Spot was a
local stray.

Spot was a pretty orange cat, about the same age as Little Feet. He
sometimes came inside. I usually put him back outside in the mornings.

One morning, Spot headed out the door. I grabbed him, put him back
inside, and grabbed Little Feet to put him outside.

Well, Spot was pretty much prancing around with a "Yay! I'm the housecat
now!" manner about him. This was strange for Little Feet, so it dawned
on me that I might have put the wrong cat outside.

I opened the door, and there was Little Feet on the edge of our
sidewalk, looking very confused. When he meowed at me for an answer, I
realized I had confused the two boys. I immediately picked up Little
Feet and cuddled him with lots of apologies. Spot went outside reluctantly.

It was a BCT. They fooled me into mixing them up. Yeah, that's the
ticket.

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old February 22nd 13, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 2/22/2013 12:04 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Mark Edwards
wrote:
[...]

It's all a matter of timing. I wonder if Spot had encouraged Little feet
to step forward at that moment.

Judith

Heheheheheh

Since several of ours came from feral MamaKat, I have been fooled by
look-alikes in the past:

1) Ivy (RB2002, from a different feral than the Weeble and his baby
sibs) had been spayed and was sequestered in the bathroom (she was 5-6
months old). I was coming home and driving up our drive, past the house
to where we parked (behind the house) and there she went, running across
the yard! GASP!!!!! As I passed the house I saw her, plain as day,
sitting pretty-as-you-please in the bathroom window! What I had seen
was one of her (still feral) siblings, and doppelganger, that we hadn't
been able to catch! They had been conversing through the open window!

2) Upon exiting our (detached) garage and walking back to the house, I
swear I saw Ernie dashing across the same part of the yard Ivy's
doppelganger had visiting many years before.... HUGE mostly white cat
with a half-cap on the left side of his head of grey tabby, and a grey
tabby tail.... Ernie was safely in the house, so this must have been his
PappaKat (and probably Bam-Bam's too, since he also has that tabby
half-cap and tabby tail). I only saw the right side of the "PappaKat",
which was all white, and Ernie has some tabby spots on his left
flank....so I didn't get to see if he is the exact spitting image of his
pappa....

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old February 22nd 13, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

On more than one occasion I have seen a black cat out in our street and
gone out to check if it's Sootie. (She's always let outside into the
garden and as we now know goes into the street at the back.) I call Sootie
and I get a meow in response and the cat comes to me. It's at this point I
realise it is Ben. I always give him a fuss, he's a lovely friendly cat.
My next door neighbours on both sides have called Sootie and he goes to
them to. I think he thinks it's good to answer to the name Sootie as he
gets a load of fuss.

Huh. I wonder if that would work for me?

--
Joyce

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln