Spot and Cali update

Old May 27th 05, 07:03 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Spot and Cali update

Just a short update about Spot and her kits.

I haven't heard anything about Spot's three boys, but am sure they are
doing fine in their new homes. You probably remember that two of them
went to my vet, and the third to one of his calients. I get updates on
Cali, the little girl who went to live with a co-worker. Her new home
already has a resident cat, who isn't exactly thrilled with the
addition. Gregg, who new Paw, says they're still at the stage where
Cali tries to play and the older cat hisses back. Actually, this is
just a temporary home, since Gregg can't have a cat at his current
apartment. He's in the process of moving, and once he has he plans for
Cali to be an only cat who will be inside only. For the time being
Cali is living with Gregg's sister. Once he's moved he'll be living
with catslaves on two sides of his new place, so Cali should still
have plenty of feline company.

Spot has settled down a lot, and no longer tries to chase Sam and LB.
I think she's resigned herself that her babies are gone. She no longer
calls and hunts through the apartment for them. I still have her
segregated from the others. They have supervised visits with everyone
pretty much ignoring each other. Now that the fluffballs are gone and
Spot isn't agressively trying to keep S and LB away, Sammy has turned
into the agressor. A couple times I've had to warn her I was getting
the bottle, but haven't had to use the water bottle for a couple days
now. I kind of worry that if I do have squirt Sammy, Spot will run and
Sammy will go into chase mode. It certainly helps that both S and LB
know what the bottle is, as they stop doing any unwanted behaivor when
I pick up the bottle. I've been rotating which room who is in which
room, so they're used to smelling each other. I hope that in time
they'll get along better, as I still haven't been able to find a home
for Spot. I'm also hoping that it will get better once Spot is spayed.
Her next TED apointment is on the 7th. One temporary setback is that
Spot is now showing signs of the weepy eye that three of the kits
suffered from. I'll be going to pick up some of Sammy's special food
from TED within the next couple days, so will ask if I should start
her on the amoxicillin. I still have some left over from treating the
kits, but as I remember it's only good for 14-15 days after being
reconsituted, so willprobably need a new bottle.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old May 27th 05, 02:28 PM
Karen

Sounds to me like Spot will eventually fit in fine even if you don't find a
home for her. You are doing far better than when I got Pearl! It took us
MONTHS to get to the point you are at now.

Old May 28th 05, 05:44 AM
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Just a short update about Spot and her kits.

Thanks for the update, Steve. It sounds like the integration is going
very well. I know I'm bad, but I hope you don't find another home for
Spot and she ends up staying with you. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 28th 05, 05:02 PM
Christine Burel

Purrs for Spot and for you, Steve; you've been a wonderful caretaker for the
kittens and the mama.
Christine