Diamond - born 7/2003 RB: 10/22/2010

Old October 23rd 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Diamond - born 7/2003 RB: 10/22/2010

On Oct 22, 10:02*pm, Mishi wrote:
On 10/22/2010 9:54 PM, Will in New Haven wrote:

On Oct 22, 9:47 pm, *wrote:
I had to put my tuxie, Diamond to sleep this morning. Yesterday evening,
his face was a bit swollen on his left side. I checked him over and
cuddled him, and told him I was going to call the vets today so we could
find out what was going on. I left him happily crunching his dry food,
and went to bed. This morning he was hiding under the coffee table, and
when I pulled him out his nose was all bloody. I called my vet and the
secretary said the vet, Dr. C, had surgery today, but if I dropped him
off the vet would see him between surgeries. I dropped him off and went
to work. Dr.C called me about an hour later, and told me that Diamond
had a sinus infection that damaged his sinus cavity, and it had eroded a
blood vessel. That let the infection into the blood, and it went septic.
His heart rate was very high, and his bp was extremely low; he said that
he wasn't sure if Diamond would live long enough for me to get there. My
boss ok'd my leaving, and I rushed back to the hosptial. When I got
there, they gave Diamond to me, and I said my goodbyes, rubbing and
kissing his forehead. Dr. C had to give the shot into the aorta, as
there was very little blood in his leg veins. I told him I would take
the pain away, and I did. I just transferred it to my heart.

I brought him home, and when DH came home we buried him in our back
yard. He used to sit in the window upstairs and watch the birds and
(sometimes) deer out there.

I miss my Diamond bug.

Patti

For the calling of names, please add Diamond, house of Stott.

Now, when the veil is thinnest, his trip to the Bridge will be quick
and his arrival will be in the midst of a festival. Purrs from our
house for your broken heart. May I add his name over on RPCC also?

--
Will in New Haven

Yes, please Will? I will have other names to add later.

I have put his name forward and it will be added. They add names right
up to the second reading, after the Ball. Or we do. I'm an RPCC guy.

--
Will in New Haven
Old October 23rd 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you.

I am so sorry for your loss of Diamond; what a sad and sudden turn of
events.
Many purrs from my guys and purrayers for Diamond's trip to the Bridge.
Christine and Tucker, Midnight, Robin & Oreo

Old October 23rd 10, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

[...]

What a sad story! I'm so sorry. That sounds like a really fast-
growing infection - for him to be eating one night and going into
sepsis the next morning is so unexpected. You must be broken-
hearted. How old was he? Purrs for your heart and for Diamond's
passing.

Joyce

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.
Old October 23rd 10, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:47:52 -0400, Mishi wrote:

[...]

I so very sorry for your loss.

This was so sudden, and Diamond was so young

I'm SO GLAD you got to say good-bye to your tuxedo cat, before he had to
go to the Bridge.

Sending purrs for Diamond, at the Bridge, and for your broken heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old October 23rd 10, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Oct 22, 9:47 pm, *wrote:
[...]

.....but bilingual...!
Old October 23rd 10, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

(((((((((Patti))))))))

--
Joy (posting through the tears)

Old October 23rd 10, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

23.10.2010 6:55, kirjoitti:
Mishi wrote:

[...]

Purrs for Diamond's passing.
And Joyce, his age shows in the subject line, he was 7. So young to go... :/

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 23rd 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_3_]

In article ,
Mishi wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry. Purrs for Diamond's passing, and for the broken hearts
left behind.

--
minnow ^..^

http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old October 23rd 10, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mishi wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry Mishi, one day you'll get used to the pain. I've lit a
candle for Diamond.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Dimnd

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 23rd 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default A candle for, Diamond

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Dimnd