(OT) Interesting Phone Call

Old June 7th 11, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default (OT) Interesting Phone Call

--Nathaniel Hawthorne

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Got a phone call yesterday morning around 9AM... it was my neighbor who
is owned by Schwartzie and Fedders. She said, "Did you know you have an
alligator in your back yard?" What?!!! We looked out back... sure
enough, there was a 5 foot alligator sunning itself by the pine tree.

I called security. They sent a woman out with a long pole with a wire
loop on the end of it. She snagged it around the neck. It started
doing what you see crocodiles doing in the 1930's Johnny Weismueller
Tarzan films, rolling over and over. Then it dug it's feet in... it was
acting like a cat that didn't want to be walked on a leash. No, no, I
won't go! LOL She dragged it across the street behind another house
where there is a pond. As soon as it saw the water, splash! Time to
take a swim and get away from these crazy people.

Meanwhile, the neighbor was holding back Fedders who was trying
desperately to go play with the new neighborhood lizard.

Jill

If you live near a lake that has gators in it Which in Florida every
water
source has them You need to install a alligator proof fence it
prevents
them from getting over a fence which they can do and will do. Any
outside pet will be lunch for them. You can't out run a gator on land.
Specially dogs have the tendency to say hey what is in my yard and than
gulp
why is it so dark in here.

The fence basically needs to be wire mess or solid 5 foot high and it has
barbs that protrude down snagging the gator from climbing over and
buried a
couple feet down they can dig under it also.

------

My house went up on the market last week. I'm moving back to
Jacksonville, FL... which is where I'm from. My realtor keeps sending
me a few homes that are on or near the water (mostly ponds). My cats are
indoor kitties, but I have a Chihuahua and a mini-Dachshund. Talk about
Kentucky Fried Chicken for a gator!!

And I thought that all gators over 4 feet were removed from housing
developments/town home communities, etc.... ???

Laurie

Removed? Who forgot to tell the alligators?

Jill

They may well have been removed. However, that doesn't mean they stayed
where they were removed to, or that other gators couldn't invade.
Obviously, one did.

Joy

Old June 9th 11, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 7.6.2011 23:22, Judith Latham wrote:
In , jmcquown
wrote:

Meanwhile, the neighbor was holding back Fedders who was trying
desperately to go play with the new neighborhood lizard.

Jill

And I thought it was exciting to have a badger visit our garden.

Well, I'd certainly much rather have a badger than an alligator in my
garden!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old June 9th 11, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

Meanwhile, the neighbor was holding back Fedders who was trying
desperately to go play with the new neighborhood lizard.

Jill

And I thought it was exciting to have a badger visit our garden.

Well, I'd certainly much rather have a badger than an alligator in my
garden!

I'll stick with my possums.