(OT) I'm Declaring Today...

Old August 8th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default (OT) I'm Declaring Today...

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
Do something nice for yourself day! Hey, you deserve it

Except for a very brief period when I patronized a friend who was
selling makeup (I can't remember the brand, but it's the one where the
top salesladies drive pink Cadillacs), I've never worn any makeup
except lipstick. At 75, I still put on lipstick after every meal, even
on days when I'm not going anywhere.

Joy

Mary Kay Cosmetics I rarely wear makeup or lipstick these days. (I
did when I was working.) I go through a heck of a lot of Blistik lip
balm, though.

Jill

Thank you. I remembered Mary Kay a couple of hours after I posted, but
by then I was fixing my dinner. Anyway, I was sure somebody would know.

I used to use a lot of lip balm, because my lips were always chapped. I
seldom wore lipstick then. However, I discovered Mood Matchers
lipsticks, which are considerably cheaper than most, and which contain
aloe. Since I started using it regularly I haven't had any more problems
with chapped lips. Mood Matchers has an added benefit for those of us
with a slightly twisted sense of humor. The color of the lipstick is not
the color it turns once you put it on. Although all of their lipsticks
are varying shades of pink or red once applied, in the tube that is not
always the case. One is green, and two are blue - one light and one
dark. It's rather fun to be in front of a mirror in a public restroom
with other women and pull out a blue lipstick and apply it. You can see
the sideways looks, and then the astonishment when it isn't blue any
more.

Joy

Ooh! That sounds like fun! Think I can find it at Walgreens?

Jill

I've only been able to find it on line or in catalogs. I think Carol Wright
carries it. There's another similar place that deals through mail order or
online and has a one-word name, but I can't think of it right now.

Joy

Old August 9th 11, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Mary Kay Cosmetics I rarely wear makeup or lipstick these days. (I
did when I was working.) I go through a heck of a lot of Blistik lip
balm, though.

Jill

Thank you. I remembered Mary Kay a couple of hours after I posted, but
by then I was fixing my dinner. Anyway, I was sure somebody would know.

I dated a guy when I was in high school whose mother used to sell Mary Kay.
I don't know about now but at the time I thought it was very greasy.

[...]

I found some online... maybe I'll buy some! I think it would be a hoot to
pull out green or blue lipstick and have it turn a different shade! The
only shade I don't want it to turn is orange. There's just something too
oogy about orange lipstick.

Jill

Old August 9th 11, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

As I recall, even the orange colored one doesn't turn orange, but it may
vary with your body chemistry.

Joy

Old August 9th 11, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

LOL I wasn't talking about orange Mood Matchers, just orange lipstick in
general. It's just wrong.

Jill

Old August 9th 11, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Do you remember Tangee lipstick? (You may be too young, but Joy and Joyce
might). It
was bright orange in the tube, but the color changed when you put it on. It
allegedly, IIRC,
changed to a different color according to the individual person. It was
weird stuff.
Sherry

Old August 9th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I agree. I hate it. Speaking of Mood Matchers, the green one is a rather
bright sort of purply red. My favorites are the two blue ones.

Joy

Old August 9th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sherry" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I remember it. I don't think I ever used it, though.

Joy

Old August 9th 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

Do you remember Tangee lipstick? (You may be too young, but Joy and Joyce
might). It was bright orange in the tube, but the color changed when you
put it on. It allegedly, IIRC, changed to a different color according to
the individual person. It was weird stuff.
Sherry

I remember Tangee! I was a makeup fanatic. Then again, I remember when
tube tops were cool. And mood rings.

Jill

Old August 9th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message

I've only been able to find it on line or in catalogs. I think Carol
Wright carries it. There's another similar place that deals through
mail order or online and has a one-word name, but I can't think of it
right now.

Joy

I found some online... maybe I'll buy some! I think it would be a hoot
to pull out green or blue lipstick and have it turn a different shade!
The only shade I don't want it to turn is orange. There's just
something too oogy about orange lipstick.

Jill

Speaking of orange, the Vermont Country Store (which has a lot of
merchandise no longer generally available) sells "Tangee" brand, which
was the original "orange" lipstick (which changed color to match
individual skin-tones). Presumably the blue and green versions employ
the same technology. On me they turn a kind of coral-pink, which is
pretty much what I'd choose in "normal" lipstick colors. I've seen them
in the displays of cheap cosmetics in drugstores, K-Mart, and 99¢ Store.
Old August 10th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message

[...]

I love that catalog! Thanks for the reminder.

Jill

went to TED today Rusty Cat community 9 April 5th 08 10:08 PM
Too hot today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 33 March 15th 06 02:47 AM
TED Today... Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 06 04:03 AM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today was a first. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 November 12th 04 09:05 AM