Need some purrs - please

Old October 26th 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Happy

Default Need some purrs - please

I know I am new, but I sure could use some purrs or whatever support
anyone can muster. I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 5th. If it's
successful, I will no longer be bedridden.

Last Wed I had my pre-op physical, with x-rays and blood work. On
Fri, at 4:45 pm my doc called and said the radiologist found a small
nodule (a neoplasm(?)) in my left lung. He had already ordered all my
x-rays released from the hospital. I picked them up on Monday and
dropped them off at the radiologist. Depending on what a visual
history shows, I may need a CT scan. I just hope this doesn't delay
my surgery

I have never ever smoked anything (legal or otherwise) nor were either
of my parents smokers. DH doesn't smoke. His parents did - like a
chimney. My MIL passed away at age 56 from lung cancer. I had a boss
in whose office I spent a lot of time - he was a chain smoker. So
other than second hand smoke...I know there is a particular mold
around here and it could simply be that. Given how much junk we all
inhale who knows? I have been having some slight chest pains and
shortness of breath, but I attributed that to lack of movement because
of my condition.

Any purrs at all would be so welcomed and appreciated!

Sophia
Old October 26th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Oct 26, 11:24*am, Happy wrote:

Any purrs at all would be so welcomed and appreciated!

We always have purrs to spare and are sending them- tonight they are
extra loud purrs because guess who just had their favourite lamb wet
food and it's cold which means the slaves have the heating on

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 26th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:24:17 -0400, Happy
wrote:

[...]

Sending get well purrs. I hope they can go ahead with the surgery you
need, and take care of your lung(s) at the same time: hey, you'll be in
a HOSPITAL.

The tobacco companies won't admit it, but second hand smoke is almost as
dangerous as 'first hand' smoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old October 26th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Mega healing purrs are on the way.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 26th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Happy wrote:

[...]

Purrs coming your way! My two will purr at the drop of a hat so it's
never any trouble to get them going. Please keep us posted!

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old October 26th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Happy wrote in
:

[...]

Purrs on the way. In the 70s my boss used to chain smoke big Cuban cigars
and I had to sit in front of him for hours taking dictation. Ugh! In those
days it was the normal thing to do and we were expected to take it and not
complain.

Bobble
Old October 27th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way!

--

Joy

It takes a harsh and cruel drought to sort the weaker saplings out.
It makes room for stronger trees; maybe that's what life's about.

- John Williamson, Galleries of Pink Gallahs"

Old October 27th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Happy" wrote in message
I know I am new, but I sure could use some purrs or whatever support
anyone can muster. I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 5th. If it's
successful, I will no longer be bedridden.
Any purrs at all would be so welcomed and appreciated!

Sophia

(Brevity snipped) Both purrs and prayers on the way.

Old October 27th 10, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Happy wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way. I'm glad that many countries are now changing
laws to reduce peoples exposure to second hand smoke.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 27th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Kelly Greene wrote:

"Happy" wrote in message
I know I am new, but I sure could use some purrs or whatever support
anyone can muster. I am scheduled for surgery on Nov 5th. If it's
successful, I will no longer be bedridden.
Any purrs at all would be so welcomed and appreciated!

Sophia

(Brevity snipped) Both purrs and prayers on the way.

Sending heartfelt purrs that you will soon be happy dancing! MLB