(OT) Interesting Phone Call

Old June 7th 11, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Interesting Phone Call

Got a phone call yesterday morning around 9AM... it was my neighbor who is
owned by Schwartzie and Fedders. She said, "Did you know you have an
alligator in your back yard?" What?!!! We looked out back... sure enough,
there was a 5 foot alligator sunning itself by the pine tree.

I called security. They sent a woman out with a long pole with a wire loop
on the end of it. She snagged it around the neck. It started doing what
you see crocodiles doing in the 1930's Johnny Weismueller Tarzan films,
rolling over and over. Then it dug it's feet in... it was acting like a cat
that didn't want to be walked on a leash. No, no, I won't go! LOL She
dragged it across the street behind another house where there is a pond. As
soon as it saw the water, splash! Time to take a swim and get away from
these crazy people.

Meanwhile, the neighbor was holding back Fedders who was trying desperately
to go play with the new neighborhood lizard.

Jill

Old June 7th 11, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

Yikes, her kitties might become lunch for that alligator some day

Bobble
Old June 7th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

If you live near a lake that has gators in it Which in Florida every water
source has them You need to install a alligator proof fence it prevents
them from getting over a fence which they can do and will do. Any
outside pet will be lunch for them. You can't out run a gator on land.
Specially dogs have the tendency to say hey what is in my yard and than gulp
why is it so dark in here.

The fence basically needs to be wire mess or solid 5 foot high and it has
barbs that protrude down snagging the gator from climbing over and buried a
couple feet down they can dig under it also.

Old June 7th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

------

My house went up on the market last week. I'm moving back to Jacksonville,
FL... which is where I'm from. My realtor keeps sending me a few homes
that are on or near the water (mostly ponds). My cats are indoor kitties,
but I have a Chihuahua and a mini-Dachshund. Talk about Kentucky Fried
Chicken for a gator!!

And I thought that all gators over 4 feet were removed from housing
developments/town home communities, etc.... ???

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old June 7th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

That doesn't prevent them returning - or folks who thought it was "cool"
to have a baby 'gator as a pet from deciding otherwise and setting it
free, when it continues to grow.
Old June 7th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"Bobble" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

It's one reason I believe in "indoor kitties". This isn't exactly a
safe area to let them run around outside.

Jill

Or humans too, it would seem!

Bobble
Old June 7th 11, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not allowed to install fencing without the approval of the PITA
home-owners association. I very rarely see gatos here. This was a fluke.

Jill

Old June 7th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Removed? Who forgot to tell the alligators?

Jill

Old June 7th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

5 feet and only if they are a nuisance which typical you get some elderly
moron that thinks it is cute to feed them and you end up with a Lake Placid
movie

Old June 7th 11, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 7, 6:05 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Now you are making me homesick for FL where gators roam suburb streets
in warm
weather and mating season.
Note to Matt: you are talking fencing gators in a golfing community
where nothing is
fenced without the approval of the Mothership HOA board. Not only does
Jill not
have the body of water in *her* property, there is no way she can
force the resident
who does to fence anything.

Justin beber Farmville and HOA are the DEVIL

I would never live in a HOA. We have a few idiots that think that this area
is one. I live in a nice house it has been here for 30 years . The road
it has many streets connecting but some of these nearly deads have nothing
better to do than think they are code enforcement. I actually have a
restraining order against 3 of them. For example They come by at 5 am in
the morning and measure how tall your grass is etc etc and call code
enforcement. Code enforcement now refuses to come to people house's
anymore in this area with a anonymous call. You have to come in and do a
written complaint. My neighbor is suing them for harassment right now. He
rides a Harley on Sunday and they don't like the "loud" motorcycle leaving
at 9am Sunday morning coming home at 7pm Sunday night. They been calling
code enforcement. My others neighbor 13 daughter was wearing a one piece
kids swimsuit was outside sunning herself. When one of these nearly deads
drove by stopped than came onto the property and scolded her for being
outside looking like a tramp; which she was not. The mom grabbed the old
fart by the neck and dragged her off property; we are allowed to do that
here with the Florida castle law. That mom has criminal charges pending
against that busy body. The joys of living with a bunch of elderly busy
bodies around. So living in an HOA HELL $%#^&^* NO